THE BROWNS BOARD

Offensive Line

ATENEARS

Did you guys see Steinbach get out and lead on that TD that Harrison went in untouched on the left side? Did you see Alex Mack getting into the second level?

Vickers can be added into this group and has just been flat-out outstanding. Did you see him completely neutralize TWO defenders on the Cribbs WildDawg TD scamper.

Did you notice the confidence we had in not even balking about lining up and going for it on 4th and shorts?

This O-line has a attitude, and it is too freaking bad the season is ending. How much of that do you see carrying over to next season?

Will Steinbach be back? I hope so.

This team has done a 180 turn for the better. The OLine, Defense, etc. We still need work, but have shown remarkable improvement. And the ability to win games without a "rock star" quarterback. Hell, we just need someone with the ability to hand off and throw short, and were good to go.

Browns finished the regular season with the 8th ranked rushing offense without any type of passing game. Thats a big testament to the O-line and what Mangini has built. He built a hell of a running game in NY and in 1 season in Cleveland built a top 10 running offense.

The browns also finished 8th in the league in sacks with 40. These are hugh strides to make in your first season of rebuilding. How lerner or Holmgren can ignore that is beyond me.

Love it. I think we are fine with some combination of Hadnot and Womack holding down the RG position. If we're forced into obvious passing situations, however, Womack will get exposed at RT like St. Clair did. RT should be a priority in the draft. Fraley's shown enough to suggest that he should be retained to back up Mack and the guard positions. I'd like to see this team finally develop a young athletic guard with a draft pick in the 5th to 7th round. That's been something the franchise has failed to do in forever.

IF he fires Mangini after ONLY one year and I will flip out..... Mangini cut tons of players not even playing in the league...... he traded two primadonnas one is injury prone and wont block the other is cant catch a cold... he positioned with 11 draft picks.... good cap space (if the NFL does not come to some agreement) The team is MUCH MORE DICSIPLINED.... Mack is a great pickup and Momass is developing and i think Robo will be much better next year.... he made due with a lot of character guys from New york and at the end of the season he developed a strong running core.. The defense is well LIGHT years better.... it needs more talent.....

ALL of these things were necessary for a CORE transformation and he did it in ONE year........

I cant fathom a team president whose core job is management and culture possibly trying to be a GM and coach...... I think people are getting the wrong idea of what a team presidents role is..... Grossi and other media talking heads keep talking about a dated idea of the WCO..... and how Holmgren as PRESIDENT not Coach or GM is going to be instituting specific offenses....

For the first time since we had guys like Risen and Babb on the line, we have some guys who can move people off the line.

That spells winning football.

We need another for the right side and we will have a shot at doing something special.

For the first time since we had guys like Risen and Babb on the line, we have some guys who can move people off the line.

That spells winning football.

We need another for the right side and we will have a shot at doing something special.

Agreed. Keep in mind folks that a BIG part of line play is developing a cohesive unit...That doesn't happen overnight. Part of building that cohesiveness is understanding one another's strengths & weaknesses.

Mike

Archived