THE BROWNS BOARD

Comparing Anderson and Quinn

Zombo

Anderson is 16-18 with a 69.7 rating. Quinn is 3-9 with a 66.8 rating.

Before the season I said I like them both, now I'm saying I don't like either. Time to cut bait. These guys are NFL backups, not franchise QBs.

Let's blow up the positon and start anew with a veteran acquisition and a draft pick.

Zombo

Anderson is 16-22 with a 69.7 rating. Quinn is 3-9 with a 66.8 rating.

Before the season I said I like them both, now I'm saying I don't like either. Time to cut bait. These guys are NFL backups, not franchise QBs.

Let's blow up the positon and start anew with a veteran acquisition and a draft pick.

Zombo

Cut em loose and trade for Hasselbeck and draft Colt Mccoy in the 2nd

dump DA, hes had 3 years and has only gotten worse. BQ is still inexpierienced. its possible he could continue to improve into a legit QB, even tho he kinda sux atm.

drafting a qb qould be dumb imo, between our needs and the crop coming out. anyone we draft will be a downgrade from the two guys we have right now.

Actually it's 16-18.

....and 16-15 since the time Lady Quinn was drafted.

You're right ... I mistakingly gave him "credit" for the Dorsey/Gradkowski era.

If I were to keep one, I'd keep Anderson. Stronger arm and I prefer him as a leader. He can't shoot straight half the time though. And I don't see that changing, at one time I hoped it would.

Zombo

On one hand you have an arm that can make all the throws, but nothing between the ears.

On the other, you have brains and athleticism, but he throws out of bounds on fades and can't hit a receiver past 15 yards.

Isn't there some kind of science lab where we could just mix the two together and come out with the perfect qb?

I'm concerned with accuracy issues, but I am VERY content that with Holmgren we have someone who knows the QB position & can provide solid feedback as to the future of this crucial position.

Mike

On one hand you have an arm that can make all the throws, but nothing between the ears.

On the other, you have brains and athleticism, but he throws out of bounds on fades and can't hit a receiver past 15 yards.

Isn't there some kind of science lab where we could just mix the two together and come out with the perfect qb?

Bradek Anderquinn

I don't buy the inexperienced plea with Quinn any more. He just completed his third season, he should be ready to play. Neither is accurate enough.

What bugs me about DA is that he should have been practicing every day in the off season making short throws so it was second nature. He doesn't have the drive to be great.

Quinn on the other hand seems to have the drive but has poor fundamentals and accuracy. He has also had two seasons ended with injuries with limited playing time.

sitting on a bench doesn't count toward expierience tho. anderson has what, twice the starts BQ has, and 2-3 years more in the league, and he at best equal to him. based on that, it makes more sense to keep the one that has more time to develope, who also doesn't have a bloated salery from a fluke year that will never happen again.

seriously, if they have equal results, why keep the older one with a higher paycheck, when you can have someone younger and dirt cheap that isn't a downgrade at all.

sitting on a bench doesn't count toward expierience tho. anderson has what, twice the starts BQ has, and 2-3 years more in the league, and he at best equal to him. based on that, it makes more sense to keep the one that has more time to develope, who also doesn't have a bloated salery from a fluke year that will never happen again.

seriously, if they have equal results, why keep the older one with a higher paycheck, when you can have someone younger and dirt cheap that isn't a downgrade at all.

But they don't have equal results. Look at their records this year.

ya, quinn's stats are better no doubt about that. i'm saying equal at best, giving the benifit of the doubt to DA. assuming BQ didn't outplay DA this seaon, and that they are in fact equal, it still makes more sense to keep quinn over DA, for the reasons i've stated. when you figure how they play into the equation its really a no brainer.

Bradek Anderquinn

The 6-6, 235 lb. QB born in Portlumbus, Ohiogon? Went to Scapublin Coffpoose High School and led the Mighty Shamdians to 3 state championships? Wears number 13 and is incredibly smart, coupled with his average looks? Played college ball for the Notregon Oredame Fighting Beavers?

I don't think that the decision to keep either guy will be based on his numbers. I think that Mike Holmgren and whoever else he feels needs input are going to look at mechanics/fundamentals and the raw game film for reaction in certain situations. I think he'll look to see if either of these guys are coachable beyond what they've already accomplished (i.e., have they hit their "ceiling"). After that, he'll cut one or both and move on.

I don't think that the decision to keep either guy will be based on his numbers. I think that Mike Holmgren and whoever else he feels needs input are going to look at mechanics/fundamentals and the raw game film for reaction in certain situations. I think he'll look to see if either of these guys are coachable beyond what they've already accomplished (i.e., have they hit their "ceiling"). After that, he'll cut one or both and move on.

i agree that one will get cut. Holmgren must know that this QB crap was not healthy for the organization. i think the choice will be illustrated by how swift Holmgren moves.

If BQ is his choice, then look for the Browns to release DA rather quickly. There is no sense keeping him as he has no trade value with his contract. The Browns will cut him and allow him to begin working things out with interested parties.

OTOH, if DA is their choice, then don't look for the Browns to be in as much of a hurry. They will need to work out DA's contract, and it is possible that someone would give up a late rounder for Quinn.

Anderson is 16-18 with a 69.7 rating. Quinn is 3-9 with a 66.8 rating.

Zombo

Get of both of them. Draft a QB with the first pick and then try to sign a backup who wants a chance to be a starter. Troy Smith and Brad Gradkowski both come to mind as trade alternatives. Quinn is a proven loser and Anderson is what he is a big arm and spastic

You're right ... I mistakingly gave him "credit" for the Dorsey/Gradkowski era.

If I were to keep one, I'd keep Anderson. Stronger arm and I prefer him as a leader. He can't shoot straight half the time though. And I don't see that changing, at one time I hoped it would.

Zombo

I say we quit with these gay little fan polls and just leave the decision up to Holmgren and support whatever choice(s) he makes.

I say we quit with these gay little fan polls and just leave the decision up to Holmgren and support whatever choice(s) he makes.

I agree- whatever Holmgren decides, I'll live with- even though I didn't realize Akilli Smith suited up for the Browns wearing #3 Sunday playing against the Jags.

I agree- whatever Holmgren decides, I'll live with- even though I didn't realize Akilli Smith suited up for the Browns wearing #3 Sunday playing against the Jags.

It depends on both their trade values. If weis goes as an OC in any team we can try dealing quinn to them. Provided - they dont have an established QB.

Im sure Oakland will give us decent value for DA if they quit on JR and Al Davis still wants a big arm thrower.

Say what you want about DA, but when u have JR as ur quarterback Im sure DA will be a dream come true.

So trade the guy who gives us best value and try to get Sage Rosenfels as our new QB.

Archived