THE BROWNS BOARD

2010 opponents

HowieDawg

I didn't see this elsewhere in any thread , apologies if it has been posted already:

From Clevelandbrowns.xom: Here are the Browns' 2010 opponents. Dates and times will be released in the spring. (My predictions!)

Home: Baltimore(W), Cincinnati(W), Pittsburgh(W), New England(L), N.Y. Jets(W), Atlanta(W), Carolina(W), Kansas City(W)

Away: Baltimore(L), Cincinnati(W), Pittsburgh(L), Buffalo(W), Miami(W), New Orleans(L), Tampa Bay(W), Jacksonville(W)

So that's a 12-4 season for us, can't wait, bring on the draft. Seriously, this is a decent opponent list.

Im pretty happy with this. It seems the Browns play all of their tougher opponents at home [except New Orleans and AFC North]. Not traveling to arrowhead is a plus if they're going to play the chiefs.

With the exception of Buffalo [and AFC North] they'll be playing in the sunshine.

Should be a fun season to watch if everything keeps going in the right direction!

This schedule scares the crap out of me, there's 5 playoff teams and 3 others that were on the cusp with Carolina and Atlanta playing fantastic ball to end the season too. Outside of Buffalo, Kansas City and Tampa Bay, I don't see too many games we'll be favored in right away. Where's that 2007 cream puff schedule at???

I'm usually extremely optimistic about us but if Mangini is canned, how competitive can we expect to be with a new offensive and defensive system and a tough schedule? 3 wins? 4 maybe?

If Mangini stays and Quinn continues to develop like I believe he will, I think 8-8 is possible but certainly not an easy schedule by any means.

19-0 and superbowl

who knows, if we keep mangini i see a very positive future. if he's fired and we go with someone like morninghwen, then we're back to the same 'ol browns.

are there any serious football people on this forum? 19-0 and superbowl. 14 and 2. 13 and 3. hey, if we double our wins next year it will be a monumental feat. but cmon be realistic. and when did the schedule for next year get released even before this year is done? i don't believe that schedule report. bogus.

are there any serious football people on this forum? 19-0 and superbowl. 14 and 2. 13 and 3. hey, if we double our wins next year it will be a monumental feat. but cmon be realistic. and when did the schedule for next year get released even before this year is done? i don't believe that schedule report. bogus.

dude most of the schedule is in rotation every year.

it was known awhile ago that we are supposed to play the NFC South in 2010. Then you factor in our division. And we rotate to the AFC East as well. Then, there are two random matchups left. Thats how it has always worked. I could tell you (most) of the schedule for the year 2036 if I wanted to.

dude most of the schedule is in rotation every year.

it was known awhile ago that we are supposed to play the NFC South in 2010. Then you factor in our division. And we rotate to the AFC East as well. Then, there are two random matchups left. Thats how it has always worked. I could tell you (most) of the schedule for the year 2036 if I wanted to.

The NFL schedule formula that's been in place for quite some time (since 32 team league) is only in place through 2010. Once this silly collective bargaining stuff is resolved, they will revisit the scheduling formula.

I didn't see this elsewhere in any thread , apologies if it has been posted already:

From Clevelandbrowns.xom: Here are the Browns' 2010 opponents. Dates and times will be released in the spring. (My predictions!)

Home: Baltimore(W), Cincinnati(W), Pittsburgh(W), New England(L), N.Y. Jets(W), Atlanta(W), Carolina(W), Kansas City(W)

Away: Baltimore(L), Cincinnati(W), Pittsburgh(L), Buffalo(W), Miami(W), New Orleans(L), Tampa Bay(W), Jacksonville(W)

So that's a 12-4 season for us, can't wait, bring on the draft. Seriously, this is a decent opponent list.

Holy crap, we play in Miami, Tampa and Jax? I can see three games without leaving my state!

Zombo

Holy crap, we play in Miami, Tampa and Jax? I can see three games without leaving my state!

Zombo

My brother lives in Tampa/St Pete and has Buc's tickets.....looks like a Tampa trip is in the future.

just my two cents, i think if matt moore continues to grow in Carolina i like them ALOT next year. All they need to add is a legit number 2 reciever and a DT and i'd put them in the talks of the super bowl. Their defense is lights out. I have the privilege of living about 15 minutes from the stadium and go to about 3-4 games a year, and of course see all the games on t.v. Everette Brown became a man the last 4 weeks of season.

Bottom line: Unless we get a lot better i don't see us beating em. It'll be a blast talking smack with all the fans at the bar though.

By the way to the guy who asked about the jags and KC, the way it's set up is we play the weakest member of their respective division because we were last in ours. The steelers will play the third team, ravens 2nd etc.

7 games against playoff teams. not bad. i'm excited to see who wins the superbowl this year because if it is any of the teams above, go ahead and mark an L down for them now.

Didn't pissburgh win the superbowl last year? We beat them once this year. It's Cleveland so anything can happen. The way I see it, were either going to go 12-4 or 4-12. None of that 8-8 stuff next year.

Didn't pissburgh win the superbowl last year? We beat them once this year. It's Cleveland so anything can happen. The way I see it, were either going to go 12-4 or 4-12. None of that 8-8 stuff next year.

The reality is the path to 12 wins usually starts with 8-9 wins.

Not saying we can't do it at this point, but it isn't realistic either.

Timing is everything. We started off the year against established teams that were playing good ball at the time and quickly found ourselves in a bad hole. I'd love to see us start the year with a few managable games like Buffalo, Jax and Cincy before tackling elite teams like New Orleans and a Balt/Pitt road game.

With disciplined players, a good ground game and a strong defense we have a chance at meaningful football in December again.

How's the weather out there in Oregon???

Guest Metcalf_FTW

Carolina will be much improved next season without Jake Delhomme throwing picks. The Saints scare me. New England isn't the same, but better than us. Let's not get carried away with predictions considering we don't know who our coach is or the roster. :)

How's the weather out there in Oregon???

wouldn't know. i know it's fing freezin in ny, though. nice avatar of gaydy quinn btw.

my biggest fear is the browns are awesome next year and get in the playoffs and seem like a team destined to make the turn, and all of a sudden there's no football in 2011. that's the luck of a browns fan.

Zombo

I am going to check how cheap flights are to Fla next fall, maybe I can do a home and away fixture!! Zombo, can I sleep in your garage to keep costs down ;)

It's on the official Cleveland Browns website, so it's not "bogus".

Why do we play Jacksonville and KC again? I know there are supposed to be two random matchups but they arent random if u play them every damn year.

The way the schedule is made out we rotate one AFC division and one NFC division for 8 games plus our 6 division games. The other two games are against the other two remaining AFC divisional teams in the same place in their division as the Browns (last place). Since KC and Jax both finished last in their divisions we play them.

For this reason Cinci will play Indy and San Diego - chaulk up 2 losses for them already for next year and stop bitchin about playing KC and Jax!!

On a side note, looking forward to seeing the Browns in Jax again, had a great time at the game 2 years ago!

Well, when you finish in last place you can usually count on an easy schedule.

What may be frightening to Holmgren is an easy schedule that makes even a bad coach look mediocre or even good.

If Holmgren's not fully sold on Mangini - and from the sounds of it he's not but wants to leave the impression that he's really giving Mangini a long hard look and fair chance to make his case - dumping Mangini after an 8-8 season is going to be very difficult given how ecstatic everyone in Cleveland is after a 5 win season.

With Holmgren's football ego riding on HIM gaining credit for turning the team around I can't see him keeping Mangini under such circumstances.

Archived