THE BROWNS BOARD

Holmgren to meet with media

IschY

This from Cleveland.com

New Cleveland Browns team president Mike Holmgren on the job; will meet with media this afternoon

By Tony Grossi

January 05, 2010, 10:11AM

According to a club source, no major announcements are currently planned for today, including the status of coach Eric Mangini.

The source confirmed that Holmgren is in the building and working, but could not confirm if he was meeting with Mangini.

The team's news release about the afternoon availability makes no mention of Mangini being in attendance.

I think is funny that Tony had to include that last line in the post

"The team's news release about the afternoon availability makes no mention of Mangini being in attendance."

Really Tony? It didn't make any mention of me being there either? Hmmm, wonder if they are going to fire me too then....

I think is funny that Tony had to include that last line in the post

"The team's news release about the afternoon availability makes no mention of Mangini being in attendance."

Really Tony? It didn't make any mention of me being there either? Hmmm, wonder if they are going to fire me too then....

Of course he does, the bitch ass media just won't lay off getting Mangini fired.

And yes I got the memo Dave, you're fired. They were going to wait until Friday so you don't go all Office Space on their ass.

Guest Metcalf_FTW

Look at how quick Zorn was fired from Washington. Romeo knew before the season was over that he was canned. He's staying put, good for us.

Look at how quick Zorn was fired from Washington. Romeo knew before the season was over that he was canned. He's staying put, good for us.

I hope you're right but I feel like the longer it takes to make a decision the worse it looks for Mangini, and us. If he were staying you would think Holmgren would just announce it and we can move on. if he doesn't tell us today, I think Mangini is gone.

Sincerily,

The biggest fan of whatever team Mangini would go to.

I hope you're right but I feel like the longer it takes to make a decision the worse it looks for Mangini, and us. If he were staying you would think Holmgren would just announce it and we can move on. if he doesn't tell us today, I think Mangini is gone.

Sincerily,

The biggest fan of whatever team Mangini would go to.

I heard or read somewhere that Holmgren wants the GM in place before making a decision on the coach.

With that logic, the coach candidates may be gone. I think the more time it takes to announce this decision the more of chance Mangini stays.

Archived