THE BROWNS BOARD

Holmgren to meet with media

IschY

Sounds to me like the things he is giving Mangini to think about tonight for their meeting tomorrow is one, part, or all of the following:

1) What exactly did you F up, and how would you do it different

2) What exactly did you do well, and why do you think it worked

3) What is your opinion of the players view towards yourself

4) What happened with Kokinis

5) Are you willing to be just the coach

If Mangini answers these questions well and/or correctly, then he stays.

The 5th question is the most important I feel.

Sounds to me like the things he is giving Mangini to think about tonight for their meeting tomorrow is one, part, or all of the following:

1) What exactly did you F up, and how would you do it different

2) What exactly did you do well, and why do you think it worked

3) What is your opinion of the players view towards yourself

4) What happened with Kokinis

5) Are you willing to be just the coach

If Mangini answers these questions well and/or correctly, then he stays.

The 5th question is the most important I feel.

I get the impression he wants to hear Mangini's opinion of where he would like to go from here, how he sees the team next year and there-after, what changes need to be made, where the weaknesses are, etc.

So Florio on PFT already has the quote up that Holmgren says Mangini absolutely has a chance to stay, otherwise he wouldn't set up the meeting with him. That he expects that they may meet several times but should have a decision by the end of the week.

Of course Florio, who seems to absolutely hate Mangini, uses a second quote that Holmgren says that the President, GM and Coach should all be on the same page as clear evidence that Mangini is gone.

I'm actually leaning on Mangini staying as long as he's willing to let go of some power.

I liked the idiot who asked, "So what does Mangini have to do to stay." and Holmgren was like, "Do you really expect me to answer that? Come on!"

Then the guy tries to explain his question and Holmgren says, "I understand the question, you don't have to explain it. But I'm not gonna answer it."

Sounds like Mangini. Maybe they're not so different after all...

I didn't get that impression that he was like Mangini in that regard. More like the guy asked a leading stupid question that any intelligent guy wouldn't answer as it was a trap question. Holmgren isn't an idiot, so he didn't answer the question.

Archived