THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Draft - Browns Pick 7th

BrownIndian

BEREA: After finishing the season tied with the Seattle Seahawks and Oakland Raiders at 5-11, the Browns will pick seventh in the April 22-24 NFL Draft.

The tiebreaker was strength of schedule, with the Seattle Seahawks having the weakest (.477) and going No. 6, followed by the Browns (.512) and Oakland Raiders (.527).

The top five are the St. Louis Rams, Detroit Lions, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Washington Redskins and Kansas City Chiefs.

ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. has Florida junior cornerback Joe Haden rated No. 7 on his latest Big Board and called Haden ''a polished cover corner with tackling ability to match.'' Haden, 5-foot-11 and 190 pounds, declared for the draft Monday.

If statistics are any indication, the Browns need help on both sides of the ball. They finished 32nd in the league on offense (eighth in rushing, 32nd in passing) and 31st on defense (28th rushing, 29th passing).

Getting Berry with the #7 pick would be highly satisfactory to me. Heck, I think the Browns should have probably picked him when we thought they could be drafting as high as #3 before their win streak. I mean, we had Mike Furrey back there playing safety, didn't we? He was a wide receiver, for crissakes!!! He didn't do a bad job, but with Berry we shouldn't be forced to resort to such extreme measures.

i thuoght furrey played well for being listed as a WR on the roster, but a playmaking hard hitting safety that can play the run and the pass is a fine pick at #7 if he falls to us. If he does not fall to us i would be fine either taking a tackle at 7 or trading down and grabbing some picks and a tackle a little later. I really don't want to see a QB drafted early. And im confident in our RB's with Harrison/Jennings/ Davis coming back from IR. We have tooo many WR projects as it is with cribbs,Momass,robo, and stallworth is coming out of jail i believe. Our TE situation is a little shaky, i do like having Evan Moore and i believe the big fella Adam Gaines is playing well.

My draft Strategy:

if suh = avail then take

if berry = avail then take

else Trade down and get a tackle a little later stockpile some picks to gain LB's/TE's/QB's/CB that we can develop

i thuoght furrey played well for being listed as a WR on the roster, but a playmaking hard hitting safety that can play the run and the pass is a fine pick at #7 if he falls to us. If he does not fall to us i would be fine either taking a tackle at 7 or trading down and grabbing some picks and a tackle a little later. I really don't want to see a QB drafted early. And im confident in our RB's with Harrison/Jennings/ Davis coming back from IR. We have tooo many WR projects as it is with cribbs,Momass,robo, and stallworth is coming out of jail i believe. Our TE situation is a little shaky, i do like having Evan Moore and i believe the big fella Adam Gaines is playing well.

My draft Strategy:

if suh = avail then take

else Trade down and get a tackle a little later stockpile some picks to gain LB's/TE's/QB's/CB that we can develop

Well, geez, do you think Suh might fall to #7? Not unless he falls off a ladder, and not even then. But, if Berry isn't there, the trade down may not be a bad strategy.

My draft Strategy:

if suh = avail then take

Micheal Gaines.

haha i actually do not really think suh will fall that far, but who knows, after seeing how the browns season ended, anything can happen lol.

The more i think about it, if suh/berry are not on the board still at 7 i am liking the trade down. We may be able to get REALLY good value for a team who really wants someone that is available at 7.

My current list:

1. Suh - will almost certainly be gone

2. Berry - ditto

3. Haden - BPA at a huge position of need

4. bradford - let's face it, Holmgren is going to want to go forward with a new QB

ugh, i really think we shouldn't waste a 1st or 2nd on a QB. i think we can get by with a FA vet or later round rookie. or worst case DA or BQ for another season. QB i feel is the most risk position to try and pick early in the draft. and with clevelands past QB draft record.... there is reason to be worried.

I like Pike, but if he is gone in the 3rd, I think Dan LeFevour would be great choice. At 6'3", 238 Dan LeFevour would be just as good a project as Pike. Since his Freshman year he hasn't threw less than 20tds and more than 13 picks. I guess we will have to wait until the combine to see how he looks compared to the rest. He wont come in a start right away but I believe he will be a pretty good QB. YES NO MAYBE

Archived