THE BROWNS BOARD

Holmgren needs some balls and clean house

Thunderbird Cruiser

Buffalo Bills finished 6-10 and fired their whole coaching staff. Word has it Cowher will accept and is assembling his coaching staff.

Jim Zorn gets fired after a 4-12 season. Bears fire 6 from staff - Lovie should have been let go as well but....

Mangini has to be fired and his whole coaching staff. Get rid of them. I would not keep people around who think 5 wins is acceptable. If Mangini would have lost both games to the Steelers the fans would be calling for his head. He beat a shitty Pgh team this year and keeping him around for this is rediculous.

I don't see why Holmgren would take this job unless he was prepared to CLEAN HOUSE and get rid of the people who think 5 wins is a great job over what Crennell did.

Boot Mangini and let him go sell someone else on his time spent with Billichick. They guy is an unqualified crybaby and does not have the leadership skills and intelligence to hire an appropriate staff. His record with Cleveland and the Jets speaks for itself. LOSER!

Holmgren needs to set the tone right away and nothing but a total clean out and rebuild will work. I do not think he wants his legacy based on Mangini and what he did in New England with Billichick.

Earlier in the season I would have agreed that Mangini sucks and has to go, but with the new look of the Cleveland Browns and the progress we have made I feel different.

This team seems scrappy and they have become fighters. I just wonder if we will look back on this team years from now if this staff is fired and wonder what could have been.

I have to trust that Holgreen has a bit more football knowledge then any of us and will make the right decisions but I have to say the team we have seen recently gives me the feeling of the old Kardiac kids---never out and always playing beyond expectations.

I think Mangini will end up being a successfully Belicheck type of coach that Browns nation will look back on and say what the hell did we let him go for.

I wish we had a crystal ball so we can see what the hell we should be doing.

I never liked the way he always had to tell Browns fans that "this is what we did in New England" and "this is the way to develop a team."

He made a living off of Billickick's coat tails and has been exposed as a loser since leaving.

Funny how the Jets turned it around after he left. Funny how Billichick is in the playoffs AGAIN and Mangini hasn't been there since he left.

Funny how people buy into his B.S.

PLEASE HOLMGREN CLEAN HOUSE!!!

I never liked the way he always had to tell Browns fans that "this is what we did in New England" and "this is the way to develop a team."

He made a living off of Billickick's coat tails and has been exposed as a loser since leaving.

Funny how the Jets turned it around after he left. Funny how Billichick is in the playoffs AGAIN and Mangini hasn't been there since he left.

Nah. Keep Mangini. Now go away troll.

Funny how you're an idiot. Do you know anything about football?

Please- the Jets turned it around because they didn't have a wounded Bret Farve interception machine the last 4 games of the season. Anderson could just as easily have beaten the Bengals with all the run support Sanchez was getting.

Buffalo Bills finished 6-10 and fired their whole coaching staff. Word has it Cowher will accept and is assembling his coaching staff.

Jim Zorn gets fired after a 4-12 season. Bears fire 6 from staff - Lovie should have been let go as well but....

Mangini has to be fired and his whole coaching staff. Get rid of them. I would not keep people around who think 5 wins is acceptable. If Mangini would have lost both games to the Steelers the fans would be calling for his head. He beat a shitty Pgh team this year and keeping him around for this is rediculous.

I don't see why Holmgren would take this job unless he was prepared to CLEAN HOUSE and get rid of the people who think 5 wins is a great job over what Crennell did.

Boot Mangini and let him go sell someone else on his time spent with Billichick. They guy is an unqualified crybaby and does not have the leadership skills and intelligence to hire an appropriate staff. His record with Cleveland and the Jets speaks for itself. LOSER!

Holmgren needs to set the tone right away and nothing but a total clean out and rebuild will work. I do not think he wants his legacy based on Mangini and what he did in New England with Billichick.

You a Jets fan or something? Mike Florio?

He finished one game under .500 with the Jets, and his record with Cleveland is better than our record was last year without him. And Bill Cowher isn't coaching in 2010. He's going to Carolina in 2011. You honestly are an idiot.

Please- the Jets turned it around because they didn't have a wounded Bret Farve interception machine the last 4 games of the season. Anderson could just as easily have beaten the Bengals with all the run support Sanchez was getting.

Oh wait Brett favre left NY Jets and went 12-4 with the Vikes.

that shows Mangini could not coach him.

Oh wait Brett favre left NY Jets and went 12-4 with the Vikes.

that shows Mangini could not coach him.

Yeah, it's pretty simple to go 12-4 when you have the best runningback in the game, coupled with one of the best defenses in the league.

You're a xxxxing moron, kid. Why aren't you in school?

WKNR has sent a troll people. And we smoked him out of his "spider hole".

Oh what a few weeks will do. I cannot believe this is the same board.

For me it is all about Mangini's attitude. I believe he came here thinking he was a great coach. That he didn't have to prove anything to anyone. I also believe that he didn't take care of this team. They should have been ready to go at the beginning of the season, not the end of the season. It's not all his fault. However I feel he believes he doesn't have any faults.

I also don't see how his attitude is going to work with Holmgren. He wanted, like all coaches want, total control. Unfortunately he did such a bad job the owner had to bring an adult in to supervise. His authority has been compromised. As of today this isn't his team anymore. I don't think he will go along with that for very long.

Thundercat sounds like someone who lost their job under Mangini or someone who is looking for a job.

Mangini is a smart guy as is Holmgren. If Mangini is willing to work well with others I think he stays. There will probably be a few things that Holmgren will point out as mistakes and how mangini responds to this might also make a difference in whether he stays.

Mangini couldn't coach Edwards, Winslow, Favre - all superior talents who went other places and succeeded. He cannot coach big time players.

FIRE THIS LOSER!

Mangini didn't alienate Favre.

Winslow is having a great Pro Bowl and playoff run isn't he?

Edwards has yet to accomplish anything....and he didn't let him go for nothing.

You're a moron. (that's a bonus analysis)

Hey boy genius, Eric was 9 and 7 last year with the Jets..Whats the Jets record this year?.ooh..9 and 7

Rex kept 90% of the roster and 80% of the Mangini coaching staff who couldn't get out of their contracts

Who's team is in NY..Mangini's team..don't forget it

Hey TC..this is what you called OWNED..Go Away foolish little troll

AND what COACH did the job and got his team into the playoffs?

Mangini NO. Ryan YES.

Like I said how many games would Mangini have won without Cribbs?

Don't tell me Mangini can coach..He hasn't proven shit so far and you blowhards want to keep him? Do you like losing?

Holmgren will fire that little butterball tomorrow after he gets his GM..BANK on DAT you football novices.. There is no way Holmgren and his new GM will risk their success without handpicking a coach and his staff..

Like I said how many games would Mangini have won without Cribbs?

Irrelevant. Cribbs IS on the team. Mangini made proper use of the young man's skills in a variety of roles, as a good coach would.

Archived