THE BROWNS BOARD

HOLMGREN'S MAIN POINTS

TheClevelandSound

OK....Lerner doesn't like the cameras....that is the way it goes sometimes....The NE has also been hammered with snow...and commercial traffic at airports get priority over private traffic....it's that way anywhere...I have many times wanted to lock though off the lake on to the Tennessee River...plan on sitting there for 5 hours if a tug with 3 barges is in line....in other words....forget the river trip.

Commercial customers always get priority.

I guess he could have flown commercial, but if I didn't have to, I wouldn't either.....neither would you.

not to mention, mh was referring to lerner bing in berea for their meeting, not being at the presser.

not to mention, mh was referring to lerner bing in berea for their meeting, not being at the presser.

No kidding???

I know the guy lives in NYC. That isn't a big deal.

I have had the pleasure to spend some time in Berea, and plan to spend more. Some nice neighborhoods, restaurants, bars....a nice place no doubt, but NYC or Berea?? NYC or Berea??

Since both are cold in the winter, NYC gets my vote as well.

You guys have to be realistic here. When you have mega-bucks, Berea, or Cleveland isn't going to be high on most people lists.

Art lived in Cleveland for decades. Tell me how that somehow benefited the team or fans??

Serious question...I want a answer.

1. What were you thinking about at last year's draft?

A. That I didn't want to pay some punk ass QB who'd proven nothing like he is Peyton Manning and screw up the team's salary cap situation for upcoming years.

2. What were you thinking about with the QBs last year?

A. See answer to question 1.

No kidding???

I have had the pleasure to spend some time in Berea, and plan to spend more. Some nice neighborhoods, restaurants, bars....a nice place no doubt, but NYC or Berea?? NYC or Berea??

You guys have to be realistic here. When you have mega-bucks, Berea, or Cleveland isn't going to be high on most people lists.

Art lived in Cleveland for decades. Tell me how that somehow benefited the team or fans??

Umm, It has nothing to do about the cities: NY or Berea/Cleveland. It has to do with being in town for the companys new Presidents press conference & first day in the headquarters. Not such an unnecessary trip this week when coupled with initial interviews of a new GM followed by evaluation of the head coach.

I mean it ain't like it's only Lebron's birthday or something.

I don't see where the location matters when you have a private jet.

Umm, It has nothing to do about the cities: NY or Berea/Cleveland. It has to do with being in town for the companys new Presidents press conference & first day in the headquarters. Not such an unnecessary trip this week when coupled with initial interviews of a new GM followed by evaluation of the head coach.

I mean it ain't like it's only Lebron's birthday or something.

I don't see where the location matters when you have a private jet.

You know I like you Stan, but I already explained that. If snow in the NE hasn't been a problem...which it has, commercial traffic gets first call at airports.

Most of these people don't own jets....they lease them....so many hours a year for X dollars a year.....and those don't fly out of some landing strip tucked away in the Adirondacks. They vie for space at JFK, LaGuardia, or even Newark if you are slumming ;)

I don't doubt he had a hard time getting a runway slot.

You know I like you Stan, but I already explained that. If snow in the NE hasn't been a problem...which it has, commercial traffic gets first call at airports.

Most of these people don't own jets....they lease them....so many hours a year for X dollars a year.....and those don't fly out of some landing strip tucked away in the Adirondacks. They vie for space at JFK, LaGuardia, or even Newark if you are slumming ;)

I don't doubt he had a hard time getting a runway slot.

Can we agree that Randy Lerner not being here deserved a little better explanation?

To tell you the truth, I think Holmgren was a little taken back by him not being here as well.

Oh yeah ... the teams last game was 48 hrs ago too, but not obvious in Randy's window.

No kidding???

i was actualy responding to what you quoted from ant, and more adding on to your comment. since ant seemed to get the impression that lerner ducked out cause hes afraid to talk to the press. since he wasn't supposed to talk to the press, he wouldn't have ducked out for that reason.

i was actualy responding to what you quoted from ant, and more adding on to your comment. since ant seemed to get the impression that lerner ducked out cause hes afraid to talk to the press. since he wasn't supposed to talk to the press, he wouldn't have ducked out for that reason.

Actually, that is not was I was implying. I'm not sure I'm implying anything, but call me old fashion, but when your the owner and you hire a new big wig Attorney type guy and before he is ever properly introduced he intro's the new President who is on the job to hire a new GM and possibly even an entire new front office and new head coach ... that seems like a good idea to have the head guy present, the main guy who is the only continuity and the guy who vowed to roll up his shirt sleeves and make this thing work.

Then again, it isn't as important as standing angry in a tunnel and meeting with DawgClown Mike.

Actually, that is not was I was implying. I'm not sure I'm implying anything, but call me old fashion, but when your the owner and you hire a new big wig Attorney type guy and before he is ever properly introduced he intro's the new President who is on the job to hire a new GM and possibly even an entire new front office and new head coach ... that seems like a good idea to have the head guy present, the main guy who is the only continuity and the guy who vowed to roll up his shirt sleeves and make this thing work.

Then again, it isn't as important as standing angry in a tunnel and meeting with DawgClown Mike.

Lerner is one strange creature, no doubt about that!!!

He is the real deal and i really like the man as much as the president..if mangini can fit thats great but if not the train has to keep on moving and im with the prez on whatever direction he decides to take us...he has his work cut out for himself but i believe he is the right guy to do it...;)

He is the real deal and i really like the man as much as the president..if mangini can fit thats great but if not the train has to keep on moving and im with the prez on whatever direction he decides to take us...he has his work cut out for himself but i believe he is the right guy to do it...;)

+1

I liked that he mentioned not just returning to the playoffs, but wasn't afraid to use the word 'SUPERBOWL' like many have been here associated with this franchise.

He mentioned the snow here in Cleveland often ... I think it must have caught him off guard upon his arrive. We have gotten a lot of snow here this past week with more snow forecasted all week long.

He gave Mangini a list of things to prepare for tomorrow for when they meet.

Holmgren stressed not having any ego's in the building or small pockets of power base. Everyone will be on the same page and fit-in or they won't be here. This is the one area you could tell that he has a lot of feeling out of Mangini with. I think he wants to keep Mangini, but wants to make sure he can play his roll alongside others playing theirs.

He thought the idea of having this emergency to solve the Cribbs deal when there is still 3yrs remaining on his contract was a bit out of character in this league, but he could see where it is stemming from and believe a players deserves to be awarded for their accomplishments and that Cribbs fits that bill.

Lerner didn't make it because of bad weather ... cough, cough, BULLSHIT!, cough, cough ....

He can live with Mangini (or the coach) coming from a different coaching tree, or with a different philosophy. He mentioned wanting or liking to give input on the offensive side of the ball, but stressed that he will not coach the team. that will be the coaches responsibility.

Holmgren is well spoken and really took the time to try to learn each local reporters name, even having most repeat themselves when introducing themselves.

All-in-all, not much News, but I came away thinking that this place will be ran well with no stupid bullshit or roadblocks for anyone within the organization not to succeed.

I came away with the same thoughts Stan, my understanding is that Mangini will have to submit and realize he is not the top dog in this organization anymore if he doesn't understand that he wont have a job here. Hopefully these two will and can work well together if so i see a much brighter future than tearing down this staff and starting over. The defense especially will be sick we just need more talent in the secondary and a pass rushing beast.

Lets hope Mangini can swallow his pride and relinquish some of his power otherwise he wont be a head coach in the nfl next year and we'll be rebuilding again..

I will agree with that.

Maybe what he said, he couldn't get out of NY is the story.

I also caught a bit of a rib on the office deal. I agree, it seems they would have at least had a temporary office set up until he was offered his choice of offices....so upon reflection, I can agree we may not have put our best foot forward for his arrival.

Archived