THE BROWNS BOARD

Rizzo

Guest Metcalf_FTW

I liked that Josh kid whom they fired and I like Sabrina. But Rizzo is just another meat-head radio jock. Can't stand anybody on that station. Trouble is, I have access to a radio all day and they are the only game in town. But by far Reghi is the absolute worst!

Always taking a strong stand on easy, no-brainer issues. Whenever he tries to "tell it like it is" he is wrong. My brother and I call it "Bringing it Wrong with Micheal Reghi". I will say he knows basketball, but so does my wife. When it comes to football, the ONLY person that knows anything on that station is Bernie.

I liked that Josh kid whom they fired and I like Sabrina. But Rizzo is just another meat-head radio jock. Can't stand anybody on that station. Trouble is, I have access to a radio all day and they are the only game in town. But by far Reghi is the absolute worst!

Always taking a strong stand on easy, no-brainer issues. Whenever he tries to "tell it like it is" he is wrong. My brother and I call it "Bringing it Wrong with Micheal Reghi". I will say he knows basketball, but so does my wife. When it comes to football, the ONLY person that knows anything on that station is Bernie.

why not listen to wtam1100 or 100.7 when they're talking about the browns?

I really like "The Really Big Show". I don't listen to it to hear them break down the game but it is very entertaining. I also its the only Cleveland station that really comes in clear in Mansfield. I really like Tony as a radio host but do not understand why he thinks he is a sports guy. He had a quote on the Rome show that "Tim Tebow has been the best college football player in the country for the last 4 or 5 years." So I definitely do not take his opinion serioulsy. On a good note about the show Bernie is on a lot and I love Bernie. I love Josh Sabo who got fired does anyone know what he is doing now?

why not listen to wtam1100 or 100.7 when they're talking about the browns?

I would but whenever I check 1100, its some ultra-conservative spewer of hate. And 1540 doesn't come in clear enough. WMMS, not enough Browns talk.

As far as I am concerned the Rizzo show is the weakest link on that station's schedule. Actually, I don't think Rizzo himself would be all that bad if they wouldn't surround him with all the other bozos on that show, but they try to make this show a sort of "Morning Zoo". No, Sabrina is pretty much an idiot who is only on there to be the token chick and token minority. Mostly her opinions are "I don't know" or "I don't care". They are far more concerned with their own esoteric personal matters than with talking sports with the fans. Put Rizzo on, and the sports update guy (Jeff Thomas), and put the rest of those people on the shelf.

As far as I am concerned the Rizzo show is the weakest link on that station's schedule. Actually, I don't think Rizzo himself would be all that bad if they wouldn't surround him with all the other bozos on that show, but they try to make this show a sort of "Morning Zoo". No, Sabrina is pretty much an idiot who is only on there to be the token chick and token minority. Mostly her opinions are "I don't know" or "I don't care". They are far more concerned with their own esoteric personal matters than with talking sports with the fans. Put Rizzo on, and the sports update guy (Jeff Thomas), and put the rest of those people on the shelf.

You're right, Sabrina mostly says "I don't know" but so does Brinda and Rhoda. Reghi refuses to say that so he just makes things up and says them as if they are fact. Sabrina has a role, she fills it, and it works. She's not acting like she knows something when she doesn't. I wouldn't say Rizzo is the weakest link. The show is what it is, a morning zoo with an emphasis on sports. The problem with that show is the same as it is with all sportstalk outside of Rome. They have HUUUGE egos and they have their agendas, and they will abide by those agendas until their last second on the air.

You're right, Sabrina mostly says "I don't know" but so does Brinda and Rhoda. Reghi refuses to say that so he just makes things up and says them as if they are fact. Sabrina has a role, she fills it, and it works. She's not acting like she knows something when she doesn't. I wouldn't say Rizzo is the weakest link. The show is what it is, a morning zoo with an emphasis on sports. The problem with that show is the same as it is with all sportstalk outside of Rome. They have HUUUGE egos and they have their agendas, and they will abide by those agendas until their last second on the air.

I would disagree that Sabrina's role "works". In fact, I think it doesn't work at all. Again, if perhaps they just had Rizzo, and her on there, it could possibly work.

A sports talk show host having a huge ego and an agenda doesn't necessarily bother me. Pete Franklin had the hugest ego this side of Napolean Bonaparte, yet he was one of the best there ever was. It is what they do to with that ego and agenda to entertain that counts. Piling all these young know nothings onto a show to talk about their dates, or their twitter accounts is useless, but worse yet is they know absolutely nothing about sports.

Archived