THE BROWNS BOARD

We have 11 2010 Draft Picks?

Chubbs

I remember hearing that we had around 11 2010 draft picks, some of them were conditional picks i believe from either the edwards trade or the winslow trade.

I was reading some walterfootball draft information and it showed our draft picks as follows:

Round 1:

#7 Our pick

Round 2:

#6 Our pick

Round 3:

#7 Our pick

#20-32 from jets for Braylon edwards based on how the jets do in the postseason

Round 4:

#7 Our pick

Round 5:

#3 from the bucs for kellen winslow

#6 Our pick

#21-32 from the jets for Braylon edwards based on how hte jets do in the postseason

Round 6:

#8 Our pick

Round 7:

#7 Our pick

I am not really sure how it has our pick bouncing from 6 to 7 to 8 in the different rounds. Maybe typo's but from my count that is only 10 draft picks. And i remember some of the picks being conditional picks in that they have a chance to improve from what they were originally scheduled to be, and i was wondering if walterfootball was taking this stuff into account when it was creating this list.

If this site is erroneous could someone give me a better list that i can look at, would be much appreciated.

Oh and what are we looking to do with the #7 pick overall, i would be fine taking Suh if he falls but unlikely, same thing with berry, i don't think he will fall though, a RT would be the most probable pick or just a tradedown like last year.

i think i read somewhere that if braylon edwards catches 55passes (lol i know right) then the jets 3rd rounder gets upgraded to a 2nd rounder. Does this 55catches only involve his play with the jets and not include the catches he made with the browns this season, and does this only apply to the regular season or does it also count postseason stats,

From what it looks like braylon has caught 45balls this season with 10 of those catches coming from the browns, giving him 35 for the jets regular season. If we can somehow get him to catch 20more balls in the postseason then its possible we get that 2nd rounder instead of the 3rd rounder. Long shot i know but there is always something to hope for.

I remember hearing that we had around 11 2010 draft picks, some of them were conditional picks i believe from either the edwards trade or the winslow trade.

I am not really sure how it has our pick bouncing from 6 to 7 to 8 in the different rounds. Maybe typo's but from my count that is only 10 draft picks. And i remember some of the picks being conditional picks in that they have a chance to improve from what they were originally scheduled to be, and i was wondering if walterfootball was taking this stuff into account when it was creating this list.

If this site is erroneous could someone give me a better list that i can look at, would be much appreciated.

Oh and what are we looking to do with the #7 pick overall, i would be fine taking Suh if he falls but unlikely, same thing with berry, i don't think he will fall though, a RT would be the most probable pick or just a tradedown like last year.

When teams are tied for overall record, strength of schedule (weakest) picks first in round 1. After that they alternate in subsequent rounds.

Round 3:

#7 Our pick

#20-32 from jets for Braylon edwards based on how the jets do in the postseason

Let me clarify and see if people can follow the bouncing ball.

Our compensation for Edwards has nothing to do with how the Jets finish, OR how many catches Braylon make.

The Jets brought in Lito Sheppard from I think the Eagles, and that deal was for a conditional 2nd or 3rd round pick. Since that deal occurred first it is the deal that determines what we get. If the terms of Sheppards deal work out he is worth a 2nd to the Eagles, we get the 3rd. If he is worth a 2nd, we get the 3rd.....so it all depends on what the Jets owe for Sheppard.

I have no idea what those conditions might be, so I am not going to speculate other than maybe go and see what sort of season he had, how many games he started, etc....

Just a FYI

thanks ballpeen. I thought the conditional pick was based on braylons performance, common misconception i guess. But i think i figured out where the missing 11th pick is that im missing from the 10 i posted above. I think its the pick we got from Leonard. I believve we traded him to carolina for a 6th or 7th rounder i believe.

Archived