THE BROWNS BOARD

Smart to Draft Lineman

cdl15

With all the hype over suh berry and bradford. Could it be a possibility to draft one of the beastly linemen available: Trent Williams, Anthony Davis, Bruce Cambell, or Bryan Buluga.

Except for Williams whos projected to move at the 8 hole we would have to move down and possibly get future picks or players.

I think this is the route to go we already have a 3 time probowler at LT a C with unlimited potental I want to see another smart safe pick to fill the rest of the offensive line. we are on our way to building a monster D and O line that should dominate for 5-10 yrs

Suh and Berry are projected to be a rare talent in the draft. So passing up on them if they are available might be awkward. If they are taken then I see no harm in taking an RT or trading down too.

Agreed you can almost make an arguement to move up but we can't afford what its going to take. But yea obviously you take either one of those two.

Drafting Oline makes your strongest part of your team stronger love it

i feel defense should still be our primary target if Berry is available. Also a big RB, cos Jerrome Harrison is not a big back and Chris Jennings is only marginally bttr than J. Lewis. Also arent the top O-Linesman again a top 5 pick acc to the draft ?

Prob going to change 20 times till april

I am a big o line guy myself. And Cal to if memory serves me right. The Draft for Thomas we had a huge fracture on Line vs. Skill players. Valid points either way, but if we take a right tackle our line would be set up for probably 10 years at least. Bookends and the Center baby.

Again it can be viewed either ways.

Against:

--------

>> Linesmen do not score touchdowns.

>> Linesmen on the 7th pick is way too high.

>> We do not have any PROVEN skilled players. - We have plenty of projects (WR, RB, TE, QB). so even though a good RT may make life easier for us - he still cannot cure the dropsies or bad throws.

>> Berry and Suh are touted to be rare finds and we do have needs for them.

With all the hype over suh berry and bradford. Could it be a possibility to draft one of the beastly linemen available: Trent Williams, Anthony Davis, Bruce Cambell, or Bryan Buluga.

Except for Williams whos projected to move at the 8 hole we would have to move down and possibly get future picks or players.

I think this is the route to go we already have a 3 time probowler at LT a C with unlimited potental I want to see another smart safe pick to fill the rest of the offensive line. we are on our way to building a monster D and O line that should dominate for 5-10 yrs

I agree with you cdl15. I am impressed with where our Oline is going......add another RT and that may finish the job. Great foundation for the next years and a good approach in building any football team. I'd look at getting a few more beasts on our Dline......however as a priority I still think our secondary needs more depth.

This team has a lot of holes. There are a good number of starter-quality players available. I don't think it's worth moving up in order to take anyone. Cleveland should stand pat unless they receive a great offer. Should be able to plug some serious holes in this team.

Against:

--------

>> We do not have any PROVEN skilled players. - We have plenty of projects (WR, RB, TE, QB). so even though a good RT may make life easier for us - he still cannot cure the dropsies or bad throws.

So we took Joe Thomas way too early then...hmmmm

Win the fight in trenches you'll win alot of football games. you learn that in high school

This team has a lot of holes. There are a good number of starter-quality players available. I don't think it's worth moving up in order to take anyone. Cleveland should stand pat unless they receive a great offer. Should be able to plug some serious holes in this team.

Agreed but with 11 picks you can imagine that they may do alot of jockeying around should make for a good draft party for Draft Weekend.

Against:

--------

I agree.

We need more help in the secondary

We need another stud pass rusher

Then a solid right tackle

If I were looking to draft this would be the order I would want to start.

you build nfl teams like mlb teams, up the middle. mangini did the right thing drafting center first last year. then build positions out from there. screw skill position players for now. go strong on both lines and back field on both sides. harrison will do fine (like any other back will) with a good line.

I am a big o line guy myself. And Cal to if memory serves me right. Skinny

Thanks ! I have had big debates with "Inconvenvient Absense" Sheply in the years past about the oline.

Compare the oline to an engine. New $100,000 sportie car goes nowhere with no engine, or an engine

that sputters and backfires.

I was thinking though, that a RT could be found in the 2nd or 3rd round. but....

If they trade out of the pick on a great deal, several positions in the draft, Cirius Black would probably still be

there... draft a OT that can step in at RT, and be a back-up to Thomas in case Thomas gets a bad case of the flu.

Of course, Thomas would probably still play... GGG

I have a hunch, with the weak qb crop this year.... that Suh and Berry may both be gone. So, unless

you really need a game breaking? ILB or "only" need a cb.... another more lucrative trade down would do

wonders for the Browns, in that instance.

Meanwhile, both the qbs from Troy and Central Michigan are seniors, and I've seen where Lefavor sp? of C.M. might go

as high as the second round.

I think he'd be a better qb than either Quinn or DoofArse.

i wish i was as knowledgable about some of the players in the draft as some of you guys are but i do know one thing, you win in the trenches. who knows if rogers is going to come back 100%? d-line and o-line you can't go wrong. as far as qb's are concerened i'm not beholden to either one of the doofs. i say bunch them and some picks of our lower draft slots together to get a quality pick (above of what we'd have) in the 2nd round. qb, db, or safety. anyone coming in as a rookie has got to be better than what we got.

i'd love it if they dropped down and drafted a RT late in the 1st...it's one of our greatest needs along with safety>>>we need a couple of those.

i just don't get enamored with too many college players during the draft...bpa all day.

O-line is never a bad selection.

It gets some all bunched up, but too bad, they don't understand football. They are too hung up on RB.s and QBs.

Replace Gene Hickerson and Dick Schafrath with Barry Stokes and Nate Dorsey and Jim Brown isn't going to look all that great.

But.....some people just don't get it, so I am tired of trying to explain it.....they can remain clueless as far as I am concerned.

The "no-brainer" pick at 7 would be Suh or Berry, but I would be EXTREMELY surprised if either were there. Assuming they are gone, we may be in a real good position to trade down again as long as we can ensure (like last year) that our guy will still be there. I agree that our biggest needs are O-line & DB.

It's always fun to speculate about the draft, but many things can change...We'll see (my favorite phrase).

Mike

Archived