THE BROWNS BOARD

Big Problem... Cribbs being snubbed

CribbsWalker

# JoshCribbs16

I don't believe I made the to do list for the team in 2010.... 4 minutes ago from TweetDeck

# Josh Cribbs JoshCribbs16

Thanks everyone, I love playing for the browns & put my all in to it, but it doesn't look good 4me at this point on returning... 5 minutes ago from TweetDeck

Ouch... might be some backlash here.

Guest Metcalf_FTW

From the sounds of the press conference, Cribbs is asking for a lot of money. I heard his agent wants way too much. Cribbs deserves a lot but lets be serious, if teams stop kicking to him, how much is he really worth?

he's under contract for 3-4 more years whats he going to go retire in that time frame? by the time he comes back nobody might want him

he can demand a trade or release but that wont happen unless we ask an Arm and a Leg so he needs to just shut up and deal with it and play great at something other then ST

he's under contract for 3-4 more years whats he going to go retire in that time frame? by the time he comes back nobody might want him

he can demand a trade or release but that wont happen unless we ask an Arm and a Leg so he needs to just shut up and deal with it and play great at something other then ST

We wouldn't have to ask a arm and a leg....Holmgren and crew might be happy with a mid 2nd rounder, and there are teams that might pay that.

Sometimes rates are set by trade demand. If we go out there seeking a 2nd rounder for the guy and get no takers, Josh and his agent will need to become more realistic in their demands.

This is all a part of the process. Don't get too worked up too soon.

We wouldn't have to ask a arm and a leg....Holmgren and crew might be happy with a mid 2nd rounder, and there are teams that might pay that.

Sometimes rates are set by trade demand. If we go out there seeking a 2nd rounder for the guy and get no takers, Josh and his agent will need to become more realistic in their demands.

This is all a part of the process. Don't get too worked up too soon.

2nd rounder for a guy who is nothing more then a great STer is an arm and a leg

Donte Hall was only traded for a mid or late 3rd rounder i believe when he got traded as a comparison

Ugh...

I love what Cribbs has done for us and I hope he is able to work out a deal but this type of shit makes me sick.

this is probably the most hillarious part of it all

he Browns have offered Josh Cribbs an "insulting'' $1.4 million a year and his agents are warning that he'll leave the team for good if they don't pay him what he deserves.

theres nothing they or cribbs can do and have no leverage the only thing they can do is retire and even then i think he has to stay retired for a few years since the browns would still have his contract rights

They need to treat him fairly or he'll never play for the Browns again,'' said agent Peter Schaffer. "He will demand a trade and he will walk out of there and they won't see him for the off-season -- they won't see him ever again.''

he can demand all he wants (or his agent can) but theres nothing they can do they have no leverage

The proposal was for $1.4 million a year, not much more than what Cribbs is making now and well below that of other top kick returners in NFL. Four days later, they pulled the offer, saying Browns owner Randy Lerner wanted to wait until the new president was hired.

this makes sence and Cribbs agents need to respect this and stop thinking they are above the browns

those are just my opinions

Ugh...

I love what Cribbs has done for us and I hope he is able to work out a deal but this type of shit makes me sick.

Agree,

I understand this kids been really patient

but jeebus..it's Wed..the gol damb season just ended! and they want an answer by today?

sure Peter, we'll get right on that :blink: got nothin else going on this week anyway

wonder why your not in the plans for next year?

The funny thing is....yes he will be returning. Why? Well, he is STILL UNDER CONTRACT!! Dont get me wrong he deserves a raise but not top WR or RB money.

Agreed. Josh, get over it. You (maybe your agent) screwed up. You agreed to something, now man up and live up to your contract.

Does he deserve more? Probably. But don't make the Browns look like the bad guys. He agreed to a freakin' contract, now honor it.

considering how busy mh is, this agent is a fool to try and force this at the current time, and expect immediate response. we essentially don't have a faculty atm, there is no one to work on his contract, let alone come to a deal on it. it seem's to me that josh's biggest problem is that he has a horrible agent working for him.

Again the result of a dysfunctional organization. This should have been taken care of already and now that the season is completed and he is the greatest kick returner of all time of course his agent is going to go all guns blazing. He could have been reworked a lot sooner for realistic money but the Browns had their organizational heads up their asses and now the guy wants to break the bank. He and his agent are looking at it as they have waited long enough.

If teams kick away from him he is still serving his purpose cuz they will still have great field position. He will also be an even bigger part of the offense next year, perhaps as a straight up RB. Now it's going to be negotiating hell with a bunch of lawyers serving their best interests and grandstanding. Stupid.......

Again the result of a dysfunctional organization. This should have been taken care of already and now that the season is completed and he is the greatest kick returner of all time of course his agent is going to go all guns blazing. He could have been reworked a lot sooner for realistic money but the Browns had their organizational heads up their asses and now the guy wants to break the bank. He and his agent are looking at it as they have waited long enough.

If teams kick away from him he is still serving his purpose cuz they will still have great field position. He will also be an even bigger part of the offense next year, perhaps as a straight up RB. Now it's going to be negotiating hell with a bunch of lawyers serving their best interests and grandstanding. Stupid.......

yeah yeah yeah heard the same thing last year

he hasnt played up to getting more then 2-3 mil per year

Agreed. Josh, get over it. You (maybe your agent) screwed up. You agreed to something, now man up and live up to your contract.

Does he deserve more? Probably. But don't make the Browns look like the bad guys. He agreed to a freakin' contract, now honor it.

Agree. He has been a very good ST player and more....BUT, what if every other "very good"player on the Browns tried the same thing? It does not set a very good precedence for the other players if they do give Josh a new contract. Thomas......thinking, Hey I am one heck of a good LT....I want a new contract too!!! Just don't see how a team can do this without causing other possible player problems. JMHO

its not a problem at all

he has 3 options IMO

A) takes what the browns offer him, shutup and play

B ) just keeps the contract he has, shuts up and plays

C) never plays another down in the NFL for 4 years by sitting or holding out since he didnt get a new contract and not getting traded or released

its not a problem at all

he has 3 options IMO

A) takes what the browns offer him, shutup and play

B ) just keeps the contract he has, shuts up and plays

C) never plays another down in the NFL for 4 years by sitting or holding out since he didnt get a new contract and not getting traded or released

I am pretty sure if Cribbs requested a trade, the Browns would trade him just like the Broncos traded Jay Cutler. So his options dramatically change. Teams are going to pay more than what we have offered him.

I hope Lerner sees what is happening. We have plenty of money to PAY THE MAN.

I am pretty sure if Cribbs requested a trade, the Browns would trade him just like the Broncos traded Jay Cutler. So his options dramatically change. Teams are going to pay more than what we have offered him.

I hope Lerner sees what is happening. We have plenty of money to PAY THE MAN.

nope they wouldnt

the Cutler and Cribbs parts arent even comparable

Cutler plays a position of interest at QB that controls the whole game

Cribbs doesnt do anything well exept run and he has a at best 3rd round value which isnt worth trading

no need to pay him more then he has gotten offered he doesnt deserve it

maybe if he does something on offense or D that stands out then he should get paid

untill then absolutley not

With the angent saying other teams have said they will pay x to x amount doesn't that constitute tampering. The fact that other teams have told them that they would pay more than what we would, for a player that is under contract until 4 years from now.

Should I wait for OTA's, the draft, another season to prove my worth?... and

Ok, enough of all that, I just hate being taken advantage of... Wooossaaaahh.. What else is new?

some more things hes tweeting

I really need a twitter.

The second one hints that things have been resolved. Uh...have they?

Quick question, who is the highest paid kick returner in the NFL? Does JC's contract compare for the better or worse. If its for the worse than its a damn shame. He signed the contract a few years back and he should honor till its over, but if you were in his shoes now and you were out performing the other guys at your work that make more than you, don't you think you deserve more. If we pay him chump change in a deal then can He say, shit no i am not going to run the wild cat or play wr, I' m getting paid just to return that there ball from my side to that there other side. This stuff should have been a done deal already. I am however super excited to see who will return kicks for us next year if Josh is traded or holds out. The man gives field position and "excitment" which gives the Browns great moral.

Archived