THE BROWNS BOARD

Big Problem... Cribbs being snubbed

CribbsWalker

Quick question, who is the highest paid kick returner in the NFL? Does JC's contract compare for the better or worse. If its for the worse than its a damn shame. He signed the contract a few years back and he should honor till its over, but if you were in his shoes now and you were out performing the other guys at your work that make more than you, don't you think you deserve more. If we pay him chump change in a deal then can He say, shit no i am not going to run the wild cat or play wr, I' m getting paid just to return that there ball from my side to that there other side. This stuff should have been a done deal already. I am however super excited to see who will return kicks for us next year if Josh is traded or holds out. The man gives field position and "excitment" which gives the Browns great moral.

The problem for the Browns is Devin Hester set the ceiling for KRs- and it's mighty high. Like $5 million a year high. It isn't Josh's fault the Bears paid Hester stupid money. Couple other KRs in the $2 million+ range. Pay the JC $2.5 a mill year with say a $10 million signing bonus.

I think the Browns are playing this smart, some what. Look at Devin Hester...he had a few good years then BAM! no more Hester. This is true in most cases of kick returners...When they first come into the league they excel, but after a few years the quickness fades and they lose that step needed to go all the way.

There are a few exceptions, like Brian Mitchell, but he was never as good as Josh Cribbs....but had a great career as a KR.

However, Cribbs does deserve 2-4 million for at least 2 years. Good Luck

this is probably the most hillarious part of it all

he Browns have offered Josh Cribbs an "insulting'' $1.4 million a year and his agents are warning that he'll leave the team for good if they don't pay him what he deserves.

theres nothing they or cribbs can do and have no leverage the only thing they can do is retire and even then i think he has to stay retired for a few years since the browns would still have his contract rights

That isn't entirely true.

Cribbs holds the cards of public opinion, and why they are playing them at this time, because it is the only cards they hold.

The public knows when someone is overpaid, and they know when someone is underpaid.

In a neutral town like mine, I hear comments all the time that Cribbs is a beast.

If the Browns want to continue to look like a bumbling, mismanaged franchise, they need to keep playing the cards as they have.

This low offer only tells other teams who might want to trade to make a 5th round offer.

That isn't going to look good for the brass if Cribbs has offers from other teams the team doesn't want to take yet the team isn't willing to pay a proven performer.

I think the "Clowns" tag fits with the way we are handling this whole situation.

If indeed the worst happens and we dont pay Cribbs what he deserves, I wouldnt find it difficult to see the Browns then selecting Dez Bryant in the draft as he will fill a requirement at both reciever and as a 24 y/a KR, 17 y/a PR.

Archived