THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini out in cleveland? (rumor)

BuckeyeBest2

NFL Mobile update had sent me a message saying Browns HC Eric Mangini leaves browns facility with Blank look and refused to speak with reporters

if this is true then a message needs to be sent to Mike Holmgren and anybody else he's hired or will hire

do better then 5-11 in 2010 or your gone hey its only fair an eye for an eye

Rumor has it Heckert turned down the gig because of EM last year.

WSS

false rumor

was never even offered the job, GK was hired before they even met with him

Heckert talked with the Atlanta Falcons last year about their GM job and was lined up to speak with the Browns but backed out when the team hired George Kokinis. Heckert, whose father, Tom, worked as a scout for the Browns in the 1980s, has been the Eagles' GM since 2003.

There is no rumor of him being Fired.Stop sending false news out.It was reported that he just left the building at 5:45 PM and no comments to reporters.Also other coaches on the coaching staff left around the same time.THERE IS NO FIRING YET.

There is no rumor of him being Fired.Stop sending false news out.It was reported that he just left the building at 5:45 PM and no comments to reporters.Also other coaches on the coaching staff left around the same time.THERE IS NO FIRING YET.

Why would the other coaches leave if he wasn't going to leave. Bingo! Yahtzee!

Holmgren said he wouldn't know til Friday, maybe Mon.......

I used to know a kid back in the day, who made big bets on certain games...

then made the opposite bets with another guy in a different crowd.

He was found out one day, and when a few of the guys really gave him crap about it,

he said he just wanted to be a genius with half the crowd.... and didn't care if the other half

thought he was a fool. LOL

Starting rumors is like that. Some knucklehead starts one rumor, then another,

and later can be thought of as a genius insider by half the crowd.

I call baloney until Mr. Holmgren says what's happenin.

I'm sure the Mangini lovers will convince themselves this is a sure sign that Mangini is staying:

Earlier in the day, Holmgren interviewed general manager-candidate Tom Heckert Jr. in a private meeting in the team's headquarters.

A club spokesman said that Holmgren would not comment on the meeting with Mangini until the Browns make a formal announcement on the coach's future. There was no timetable on the announcement.

Mangini left his office at about 5:35 p.m. He hurriedly drove out of the executive parking area without stopping when a reporter tried to flag him down. Some of Mangini's assistant coaches departed the building about 15 minutes before Mangini.

Holmgren exited about 30 minutes after Mangini, accompanied by long-time friend and agent Bob LaMonte.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...ting_takes.html

We should have never hired Holmgren if Mangini is gone, all we needed to do to improve was to hire more scouts and a GM which Mangini would be above.

tell me, with the amount of talent the Browns have on their roster, tell me how many wins are possible with ANY coach at the beginning of the season? Most would say 1-3 and the highest possible 4-5, we got 5 wins with a talentless roster with Eric Mangini.

Mangini was building for the long term, of course I'm not going to feel bad for Mangini as he's still gonna be getting big checks, but I feel bad that the Browns would have been better off by keeping Mangini and not hiring Holmgren.

Lerner also announced he'd hire a "serious credible leader" after he spoke to 'Dawg Pound Mike' I blame him.

millions of people leave work every day. how someone connects him leaving work for the night, to him being fired is beyond me.

Media was waiting to jump on this the minute the season ended. That's all it is to me.

I'm still gonna be a little worried bout this whole situation till Holmgren comes out and says exactly what is going to happen though.

Big Show may have just had some Gyro George's that didn't agree with him. There is no validity to this rumor. However, I believe if he has to choose between the GM and Mangini, he'll go with his boy the GM. This concerns me because reports are saying that this Heskell guy or whoever, wants another gig because Reid calls all the shots and he has no power in Philly. If this is true, and it sounds logical, than is this GM candidate really that great?

With george mcdonald taking a job with rutgers im taking it as a sign of things to come...im thinking EM one way or another is a goner and now its just a matter of when and on what terms..i dont see EM or most of his assistants having a problem getting gigs except daboll who will likely never coordinate in the nfl again and that wouldnt be a bad thing..

I really think we need to keep Mangini. I have a feeling however that Holmgren is going to clean house like some have said. I think it's a mistake. If he gets rid of Mangini get ready for another year of disappointments.

I'm not so sure, Diehard.

I know some people are euphoric about the 4-game winning streak. I am not suggesting this was not a nice finish. However, I believe Holmgren will look at Mangini's entire body of work and, in the end, that will be his demise in Cleveland.

Things that will be difficult for Mangini to overcome:

The QB situation still is a big mess and continues without a clear future

The Kok mess

The woman from the Jets - I forgot her name - who Mangini brought in. Afterward she left or was jettisoned from the organization.

His track record in NY - I am sure Holmgren will seek input from Favre and Favre's input will be horrible. Also, the players in NY quit on him.

Maybe, even the fact that he - alledgedly - dropped the dime on NE, creating the 'snooping' controversy.

All in all, I believe the above - and more - will weigh heavily on Holmgren's decision and I still believe Mangini will be let go.

PS Has Lerner returned to Cleveland yet or is he hiding until Holmgren does his dirty work?

Mangini out in Cleveland would make life more difficult for Holmgren esp since next years schedule is tougher than this year and if the new coach will find it harder to have a talent devoid roster play their hearts out for him. If he does fire Mangini i hope it is not for Zorn or somebody similar !

IMO: Holmgren keeps the Mangenius atleast for one more year, and if things turn south he can kick the scape goat out.

This will be the new soap opera in Berea, let the drama queens begin their writing.

millions of people leave work every day. how someone connects him leaving work for the night, to him being fired is beyond me.

Its the off season..no players..just evaluations getting done..Get there at 7;00 leave at 6:00 seem reasonable to me..The press is absurd.

Now that almost had me spit coffee on my keyboard. LOL

Meanwhile, Stan, I hope you guys with a lot of points on Alabama lose. GGG

We want to stay in the top ten.

GO TEXAS !!!

Archived