THE BROWNS BOARD

MANGINI & COACHING STAFF WILL RETURN

eggo31

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, I was 50/50 on this.

Makes sense to keep him, 5-11 was about as good as you could get with this terrible roster. It's shows a little stability rather than being in a perpetual state of rebuilding. I still wish Mangini was never hired in the first place, but I'm not tore up to see him staying, especially Shanhan is probably the only big name coming back this season.

"Over the past few weeks Eric and I have had a chance to talk on a number of occasions including our meetings over the last two days. I was able to gain some tremendous insight into his thought process and philosophies, and came away from our meetings very impressed. In my opinion, Eric has gained the respect and admiration of players, coaches and others in the organization, and with him continuing to lead the team I feel that we are headed in the right direction. Working together, our goal is to build on the strong tradition of this franchise and help get the Browns back to the playoffs."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/th...gini-as-coach/1

A nice rining endorsement from a "credible leader". Even with an impending playoff game, it's quote like this that makes me still disappointed that the Jets let go of Mangini for stupid PSLs.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friends, this is a landmark day in the Browns expansion era. Mark my words, this is the best thing for this organization moving forward. Holmgren, Mangini, and a competent GM. Let's do it.

Before I forget, I've got to get this out of my system:

Eff You Mike Florio

Eff You Adam Schefter

Eff You John Clayton

Eff You Braylon Edwards

Eff You Cris Carter

Eff You Boomer Esiason

Eff You Tony Grossi

Eff You Pat McManamon

Eff You Jamal Lewis

Eff You Rod Hood

Eff You Shaun Smith

Eff You Bud Shaw

Eff You Joe Posnanski

Eff You Rich Passan

Eff You Munch Bishop

Eff You Joe SixPat

There. Now I feel better. Can't wait until the draft. Can't wait until August. Let's GO BROWNS!!!!

If you think about it, Mangin and Holmgrens beliefs are similar. Mangini ousted anyone not on the smae page and fully bought in, and Holmgren preached the same. It's easy to see how the meeting went well.

I hope Braylon Edwards ends up in Detroit next year.

"Over the past few weeks Eric and I have had a chance to talk on a number of occasions including our meetings over the last two days. I was able to gain some tremendous insight into his thought process and philosophies, and came away from our meetings very impressed. In my opinion, Eric has gained the respect and admiration of players, coaches and others in the organization, and with him continuing to lead the team I feel that we are headed in the right direction. Working together, our goal is to build on the strong tradition of this franchise and help get the Browns back to the playoffs."

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/th...gini-as-coach/1

A nice rining endorsement from a "credible leader". Even with an impending playoff game, it's quote like this that makes me still disappointed that the Jets let go of Mangini for stupid PSLs.

obviously, mh feels that this coaching staff can work together with the fo and that they can all build together to bring the browns back to dominance. i'm glad this didn't drag out for a long time and it's nice to know who the coach and coaching staff are going to be.

Just one or two more pieces to the puzzle now. A GM and possibly a personnel director, too.

Things are starting to come together finally. Don't you guys feel it, too? It just feels so much different from the RAC, Davis, Policy hirings, etc.

4-0 in December

A team playing like a TEAM

A coach who can move forward from the dirty work of Year One

A strong voice for the organization

A strong scouting department

A differing of philosophies, but a similarity in the objective

We can finally come in from the cold, Browns fans.

obviously, mh feels that this coaching staff can work together with the fo and they can all build together to bring the browns back to dominance. i'm glad this didn't drag out for a long time and it's nice to know who the coach and coaching staff are going to be.

Whether they can work together is an obvious prerequisite but IMHO, b/c of the lack of familiarity between the two, I believe Mangini had to impress the hell out of Holmgren. No one would've questioned Holgrem if he let go of Mangini....in fact, that's what most were expecting. But the fact that Mangini and his entire coaching staff are retained with such ringing endorsement about his "process" suggests to me that Holgrem wasn't just giving lip service.

Call me selfish, Stan, but I want BE to re-up with NY. As you know, the Jets come to Cleveland next season and with Mangini in the fold for 2010, things could be a bit interesting down on the lakefront for that game.

I hope that doesn't happen. At first, I didn't mind BE coming over b/c I thought having a legit #1 WR would help a developing rookie QB. Ironically, Sanchez's int # dramatically increased once BE arrived (and losing games). He started locking onto BE. That's one thing I hate Mangini for this year; sending Edwards over to the Jets. Him and Kerry Rhodes are probably discussing their Hollywood careers and putting on their mascaras right about now.

with so much positivity surrounding the browns recently, it will force the national media to show them some respect. i wonder what they'll be saying about our brownies heading into next season?

hopefully the guys can work together and use this off-season to continue the process of bringing the browns back to respectability. it would be nice not to be looked at by opposing teams as an automatic "w" on their schedule. :)

I want to make an important observation. We are all far more excited about this than we were with the Holmgren hiring. When was the last time we were happy with our coach? Browns Board proving again that it has the highest concentration of intelligent Browns fans.

Thanks Eric!

The jury is out on Mangini..........but I will say this todays events are the best events in since the end of 2002

I'm happy as can be. I'm also impressed that the Browns fans appear to be better equipped to assess the team than the knuckleheaded media hacks and their mysterious unattributed sources. :) Ha.

It's a strange feeling to be happy at the end of a football season.

I'm happy as can be. I'm also impressed that the Browns fans appear to be better equipped to assess the team than the knuckleheaded media hacks and their mysterious unattributed sources. :) Ha.

I am very pleased. Let the process of obtaining intelligent, high character, team players continue!

During last year's pre & post draft, I commented on the "media" being basically nothing but gossip mongers....today's happenings should prove that. Maybe they should part ways with their "impeccable" & "reliable" unnamed sources. What a bunch of FOOLS they are!

Now sign Cribbs....The young man has been a leader by example & an asset to the community as well, in addition to being FAR more than "just a special teamer". There are times to negotiate & then there are players whose value & devotion to TEAM are priceless. We have been Blessed with Josh Cribbs...Let's keep it that way.

Mike

Yeah, the four-game winning streak + Holmgren + stability for a hard-working coaching staff is a nice way to go into the offseason.

Perhaps next year we will be a reall football team and contend.

Zombo

--OK, forget "perhaps" ... next year we WILL be a real football team and contend.

Yeah, the four-game winning streak + Holmgren + stability for a hard-working coaching staff is a nice way to go into the offseason.

Perhaps next year we will be a reall football team and contend.

Zombo

--OK, forget "perhaps" ... next year we WILL be a real football team and contend.

Good points Zombo! I'm relieved about the news! The entire staff pulled it together to show us FUN football we liked in the 2nd half of the season. We won 4 in row combining 2 QBs that were less accurate than Philcox and Zeier. I can't wait to see what our staff is capable of when we finally get a QB everyone is comfortable with.

- Tom F.

Guest berniesipe

Just think how excited Holgrim and mangini are knowing all those millions they are going to take from the browns for some six win seasons!

Archived