THE BROWNS BOARD

I think Holmgren likes DA better

ATENEARS

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much do you want to wager that I am not Lumbergh?

LOL! Skippy, have you ever even stepped foot on Corvalis? Comeon folks! Loverboy was DA's homecoming princess in Timberline boots in lie of high heels. That's a hometown crush thing all the way if you've been here long enough to see the evolution of it all. Believe it or not, there's a few remaining DA fans that provide some valuable contributions here. One of his fans really improved and brought some level headedness to some coversations in spite of his screen name (Drunk Not Stupid). He was actually a good sport during alot of the ball busting and exchanges. OSUSev seemed like he was a big fan of DA's because of 2007 as were some others.

The ONLY similarites I see between Atenears and Loverboy is the Jerry Springer entertainment value. They're both the type of wise guy that scared substitute teachers out of the teaching profession all together. BQ never had our backs folks regardless of what we thought about DA. Neither did SQUAT with the first offense and we had to win AROUND each guy in 09. Besides, it's not like any of us are getting paid for our opinion of the starting QB (or lackthereof) here. Therefore, I never understood why people that couldn't bare to read the world according to Loverboy (Lums) couldn't just utilize the ignore feature instead of hammering the mods (not just Atenears).

Folks, nobody got their balls busted more than Loverboy before Quinn looked worse than a rookie in season #3. It was okay to sling mud at him as long as he didn't return it? Come on! The "him or me" stuff should have never been started because some of those thinking that never stopped throwing gas on the fire at their end either. We don't need a 2nd Civil War over these 2 QBs folks based on people's opinions of them. If one read the openning post of this thread - it was all about sense of humor. Nobody with more than 2 brain cells under the dome seriously believes either DA or BQ is the answer. All the wishful thinking in the world and homerism doesn't replace Quinn's 32% and 37% completions rates in his final 2 outings. That ain't EARNING the job by wonderful performance. The RIGHT Qbs don't have to be sayign in their 3rd season - I'll be better when those around me are better. If they're right, they MAKE those around them better. There IS a difference.

BECAUSE we've been moving forward - it's nice to see dedicated board members returning or at least feeling like they can post on both boards. PLEASE don't come here with cyber bullets loaded at all those that don't buy into Brady Quinn as the future. If you're gonna post on both boards consistently, look at the example set by Alo. His only agenda is to add expertise and share really good info for us to discuss. Last year he completed knocked my socks off with all his pre-draft goodies and he looks to be doign the same thing again this year. At least bring a sense of humor about the current QB debate - don't be a Plexico Burress with a loaded gun.

- Tom F.

LOL! Skippy, have you ever even stepped foot on Corvalis? Comeon folks! Loverboy was DA's homecoming princess in Timberline boots in lie of high heels. That's a hometown crush thing all the way if you've been here long enough to see the evolution of it all. Believe it or not, there's a few remaining DA fans that provide some valuable contributions here. One of his fans really improved and brought some level headedness to some coversations in spite of his screen name (Drunk Not Stupid). He was actually a good sport during alot of the ball busting and exchanges. OSUSev seemed like he was a big fan of DA's because of 2007 as were some others.

The ONLY similarites I see between Atenears and Loverboy is the Jerry Springer entertainment value. They're both the type of wise guy that scared substitute teachers out of the teaching profession all together. BQ never had our backs folks regardless of what we thought about DA. Neither did SQUAT with the first offense and we had to win AROUND each guy in 09. Besides, it's not like any of us are getting paid for our opinion of the starting QB (or lackthereof) here. Therefore, I never understood why people that couldn't bare to read the world according to Loverboy (Lums) couldn't just utilize the ignore feature instead of hammering the mods (not just Atenears).

Folks, nobody got their balls busted more than Loverboy before Quinn looked worse than a rookie in season #3. It was okay to sling mud at him as long as he didn't return it? Come on! The "him or me" stuff should have never been started because some of those thinking that never stopped throwing gas on the fire at their end either. We don't need a 2nd Civil War over these 2 QBs folks based on people's opinions of them. If one read the openning post of this thread - it was all about sense of humor. Nobody with more than 2 brain cells under the dome seriously believes either DA or BQ is the answer. All the wishful thinking in the world and homerism doesn't replace Quinn's 32% and 37% completions rates in his final 2 outings. That ain't EARNING the job by wonderful performance. The RIGHT Qbs don't have to be sayign in their 3rd season - I'll be better when those around me are better. If they're right, they MAKE those around them better. There IS a difference.

BECAUSE we've been moving forward - it's nice to see dedicated board members returning or at least feeling like they can post on both boards. PLEASE don't come here with cyber bullets loaded at all those that don't buy into Brady Quinn as the future. If you're gonna post on both boards consistently, look at the example set by Alo. His only agenda is to add expertise and share really good info for us to discuss. Last year he completed knocked my socks off with all his pre-draft goodies and he looks to be doign the same thing again this year. At least bring a sense of humor about the current QB debate - don't be a Plexico Burress with a loaded gun.

- Tom F.

I have a bellybutton.

Archived