THE BROWNS BOARD

Will Lewis interviews with MH for possible Browns fo position

SJ_Browns

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...holmgren_1.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns president Mike Holmgren interviewed Seattle director of pro personnel Will Lewis for the Browns general manager job Friday and said through Browns spokesman Neal Gulkis "it went very well.''

Gulkis said he doesn't anticipate a GM announcement over the weekend. The Browns also interviewed Eagles GM Tom Heckert for the job, and profootballtalk.com reported Friday that Heckert is set to join the Browns soon. Gulkis could not confirm or deny that.

It's conceivable that both men could be brought on board. The Seahawks, who fired coach Jim Mora Friday, are apparently cleaning house.

Lewis worked with Holmgren for about 12 years, including two as a scout in Green Bay and 10 in Seattle in the personnel department. Heckert canceled his interview for the Seattle GM job this week after interviewing in Cleveland. Heckert has never worked with Holmgren, but came highly recommended from Holmgren's good friend Andy Reid, Eagles head coach. The Eagles will play the Cowboys tomorrow night in an NFC Wildcard game.

Heckert as Gm and will lewis as pro personnel director? I like it

agreed. what the heck is mh trying to do in cleveland? build a real football organization???? :)

on a serious note, i'm loving every minute of this and i hope the hiring of mh is the start to something great.

agreed. what the heck is mh trying to do in cleveland? build a real football organization???? :)

on a serious note, i'm loving every minute of this and i hope the hiring of mh is the start to something great.

I 1000% agree!

Archived