THE BROWNS BOARD

An inconvenient Absence

calfoxwc

Heck, you, mz the pussy, Shep, Dananmal, Inspecta, you all wanted out of here. You are superior in intelligence (per your opinion). Why don't you just stay out of here. We don't miss you. Any of you. You are all boring. Extremely. Now get the F out.

personally diehard I enjoyed when Tupa and shep, heck, aloysius,mz the pussy,rich,etc were all here. I thought that even if the dialogue was a lot more "heated" it was definately more entertaining.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cal, you crack me up. From this very thread: Heck

"goofy train" is a tease, and describes my thought about your opinion.

Anything else came after you started the insults.

I SAID you STARTED THE ANTAGONISM.

I said NOTHING about being unable to reply in kind, nor refusing to respond in kind.

You STARTED it.

See the difference Numbnuts? Take a hike. You can leave Shep here if you bring him.

And Al has some great opinions.

But you aren't any fun, you just START trouble.

Different opinions are allowed here, even when you are here.

A carbon tax and cap and trade aren't the same thing simply because they both attach a price to carbon emissions.

Now we're at the point where I repeat a fact and you spin it ad infinitum.

A system that places a tax on carbon emission carbon emission is a carbon tax.

Now lets just stop boring each other.

You could just say, "What I meant was that they both price/tax carbon emissions."

Which is basically exactly what I said but you insist on the straw man.

And that makes the cap and trade proposal a carbon tax.

I said nothing inaccurate.

That seems to be all you have sneering that nobodfy knows anything but you.

You're wrong just as you were when it was proven I knew what cap and trade was months ago.

You do that in order to draw attention from you're doomsday predictions.

But despite the fact that I don't dislike you Grinder has a point.

WSS

What I won't do is throw out the thousands of studies, all the research, all the conclusions of people who are qualified to examine these issues simply because of my political views, or my feelings about Al Gore, or because I don't want to take the time to read up on what they've found, or because I don't value science in general.

I don't value government in general.

I don't think that taxing the shit out of US industry for carbon use will make a big difference in the "crisis."

I think those who want to buy power want the revenue to keep it or get it back.

But shall we note that for all your bellyaching about my disrespect toward Gore it's you who've brought him up yet again.

Not me.

WSS

Oh, brother. Okay, go ahead and call cap and trade a carbon tax. You'll be the only one doing so, but that's okay. Honestly, you must be the most stubborn person I've ever run into. I mean, I know you have trouble making distinctions, but refusing to call two different things by their different names is a new low.

You can call the Browns the "Patriots" while you're at it. After all, the both feature quarterbacks who have been coached by Charlie Weis. Jelly is now "butter" because they both go on toast.

The point is that there are real differences between a cap and trade program and a carbon tax. If all you suggest cap and trade does is price carbon then you can't have a discussion about cap and trade. And from what you wrote and have written since you don't seem to know the difference, no matter how long we've discussed this, which is incredible.

"I don't think that taxing the shit out of US industry for carbon use will make a big difference in the "crisis."

...But again, no one is really proposing taxing the shit out of US industry to make a big difference in the crisis. Which is why we cap emissions, and do a whole host of other things, not rely solely on a tax. Get it? That way we make a big difference in the crisis.

And you wonder why everyone who wants to discuss anything beyond their feelings has left this place. "I don't value government in general". ..."I think those who want to buy power want the revenue to keep it or get it back."

Um, okay. Now let's graduate from 8th grade.

And you wonder why everyone who wants to discuss anything beyond their feelings has left this place. "I don't value government in general". ..."I think those who want to buy power want the revenue to keep it or get it back."

I could never place it but now I know who Heck is. He's the loudmouth at the bar who gets their ass kicked.

People evaluate the information they read and give their opinion and you call them "feelings". Then as you say Cal and I "copy and paste" and that is wrong.

I have this weird feeling that the people in your life are nuts.

Maybe next time you should not let your feelings get in the way of you being an asshole.

If we take a poll on how much an arrogant troublemaker you are, Heck,

You don't win the senate seat in Mass. either.

Knock off the name calling, and even grow up a bit and admit

you're wrong once in a while, when you are.

Like I said before, I don't buy into a lot of theories that attempt to explain

that the Obamao adminis trying to do to our country...

But I do see the things they are doing.

All that is left, is to figure why they are doing it. Because it makes no sense.

Since Obamao's heyday, he has blown it like we've never seen a president do,

and that includes the leftists in Congress. His presidency is a disaster after only one year.

But the win in Kennedy's home state? Priceless, and meaningful.

None of us had anything to do with that. And, you calling them names and belittling them

won't do any good, like it won't here.

And, the move to declare "mmgw" a fact that cannot be debated, is

not flying, with more and more climate experts around the world.

In the least, it sure the hell is being debated NOW. And your side is losing the factual

basis that was so prematurely claimed.

I could never place it but now I know who Heck is. He's the loudmouth at the bar who gets their ass kicked.

People evaluate the information they read and give their opinion and you call them "feelings". Then as you say Cal and I "copy and paste" and that is wrong.

I have this weird feeling that the people in your life are nuts.

Maybe next time you should not let your feelings get in the way of you being an asshole.

This is what you say when you can't hang in the debate. Or in your case, Kosar, when you run out of things other people have said that you can repeat.

As for cutting and pasting, there's nothing wrong with cutting and pasting. The problem is that's all you can do. Which is fine. There are lots of topics I don't know a lick about. The difference is, I know when I don't know a lick about them, and don't wade into debates as if I'm an authority without any sense that I'm not an authority. I don't see any evidence that you guys - meaning you, Cal, T - can do anything but accept what you're told by your side, and by your preferred sources of information, all of them partisan, and then repeat them.

Say what you want about Steve, and I do, at least he offers his own thoughts on things. I just think they're woefully inadequate and think he could do better if he tried. I mean, when you're talking about the nuts and bolts of a complicated issue like cap and trade, and trying to iron out how different policies would achieve different results, and he retreats to "I don't value government in general" and "I think those who want to buy power want the revenue to keep it or get it back", that's pretty weak tea. He could do better. I hope.

As for somehow knowing me and what the people in my life are like - I mean, come on. Grow up.

I have been thinking about this Massachusetts upset....... There is one dynamic there that is not really at the forefront of the news that it should be. Massachusetts does have near universal coverage already mandated and administered by the State.

The voters there are already beneficiaries of the a similar institution we want in all states. This Healthcare movement is in all likelihood not as important in terms of desirability as it is in other states.

They are more focused in about jobs/federal deficits and can be more attuned toward federal expansionism because they have the LUXURY to now........ Actually I dont think this is a referendum about Obama and the dems as it is about jobs and what they can focus in on that the rest of the country does not have the same benefits.

The Dems should REALLY be promoting this........... for the rest of the senate/house races. This is a factor that they should have planned for in Massachusetts which the head of the dem party both federally and within the state........

"I don't think that taxing the shit out of US industry for carbon use will make a big difference in the "crisis."

...But again, no one is really proposing taxing the shit out of US industry to make a big difference in the crisis. Which is why we cap emissions, and do a whole host of other things, not rely solely on a tax. Get it? That way we make a big difference in the crisis.

You want to waste my time by using words lile solely. And of course someone is proposing taxing the shit out of US industry whether you call it a tax or energy credit.

I understand your idea is to make carbon energy more expensive so as to make clean energy seem more attractive.

That assumes there are vieable clean energy sources that are being ignored out of pure spite.

I peruse the church and state page of your new home.

It's as big a waste of space as anyplace I've seen.

Most of those who stomped off in protest of whatever they were protesting offered little but rubbish.

Then again since it was leftist rubbish you weren't offended.

Yet some of the guys' cut and pastes were of interest.

Like some of the ones here.

But I don't even see those on your new sanctuary.

(It is ironic that so many ran off in tears because one of the QBs was being insulted and now you fickle beeotches have thrown the poor guy under the bus)

And as far as using tax revenue to punish or reward or bribe voters and senators; that shocks you?

C'mon Heck.

And that I don't trust the magical Obama administration to save me from anything? Please.

An 8th grader could see through your bullshit, Heck.

WSS

How long can we go with you getting the basic ideas of this policy totally wrong? Two years? Three years? I mean, ignoring out of spite? Are you serious? That's what you think this is about? Jesus Christ.

As for the other forum, I haven't posted so much as a thread in the new political board. I didn't even know there was one until about two weeks ago. And yes, on first glance it seemed completely lost as well. Whatever discussions I have I have with people in the PM section, which I always enjoy. There are a bunch of guys who have real areas of expertise that I can learn from. In here? Not so much. It's really just a lesson in what the Republican base is like, and how entrenched and removed they are, and how partisan media has changed the political landscape. That's what's interesting about it, in the same way a car wreck is interesting.

But as for leftist rubbish, all I can remember was that one guy, and I told him he was posting rubbish. I don't know what else you'd like me to do. Tell Alo he was posting nonsense? Tell Dency? Tell Tupa? Tell Leg? They don't post nonsense.

But if talking sense to your own side is the criteria, I guess you can point me to all the times you've countered Cal's nonsense, or any of the other guys. Not that it matters to me. I don't need you to tell me that they're clueless.

And it's not like we stomped off in protest. Some people get tired talking with nuts who say things like "Obama-mao is on the leftist prof goofy train", or that Martha Coakley employs jack-booted thugs, or that (insert Democrat here) is coming to repossess your guns to make way for the UN takeover. Maybe you enjoy talking to the lunatic fringe, but most people don't like to spend their days that way. It's not like we imagine the fringe doesn't exist. Think of it as leaving a neighborhood bar that's been taken over by loudmouths and losers.

However, the football and draft discussion is far superior to the one we had in here, and it's draft season, so...

I'll try not to bother you anymore by pointing out things like how this is about market competitiveness, not spite. Or how your general sense of the political motivations of those in office isn't a real critique of how a cap on emissions works.

Just once, Heck, get the hell off your high horse. You might learn to have friends around here, and learn something.

See my post about the Himalayan glaciers mistake. It's huge.

The rest of us can notice, you didn't touch that thread. It doesn't comply with your idealogy,

which is the norm. So, you ignore it.

THAT is where most of us have a problem with your politically-oriented bull.

cal i think you have made that mistakes twice, and it accounts for all of his thanks. lol

thanks! T

:angry:

(GGG)

Cal, I read the amended report on the Himalayan glaciers the other day. They found that the estimates were off, yes. They also found that the Himalayan glaciers are still in trouble.

I don't see how you posting the Fox News story on it improves on that report. Nor do I usually click on your threads. Because I can read Drudge and Fox News too.

But as for leftist rubbish, all I can remember was that one guy, and I told him he was posting rubbish. I don't know what else you'd like me to do. Tell Alo he was posting nonsense? Tell Dency? Tell Tupa? Tell Leg? They don't post nonsense.

Leave it to Heck to pretend he doesn't know who I mean.

That's one of your favorite bickering tools!

As to Alo, sure he's a lefty BUT I usually found his cut and pastes interesting.

The guys I meant (as I'm sure you know) were one complete slobbering fool and a couple guys whose main contributions were bitching about too many right wing posts and bitching about being called a fag.

But if talking sense to your own side is the criteria, I guess you can point me to all the times you've countered Cal's nonsense, or any of the other guys. Not that it matters to me. I don't need you to tell me that they're clueless.

Cal's a buddy. Like Shep is to you, only straight. ;) but he and I aren't necessarily clones.

And I've stated I believe the planet's getting a bit warmer and that human population probably plays a role.

How much and how much can it be changed?

I don't know.

As far as the rate of articles from sources you don't like, oh well. I rarely read 'em but I doubt they're completely witout merit.

Just mostly I don't care or realize there's nothing we can do about it.

And I don't assume Drudge is wrong becaus you don't like him.

But it is like a football discussion.

There's always one blowhard bragging that he knows football better than anybody else.

Well the lowest coffee fetcher to the lowest assistant coach in the league knows ten times as much as some bum on a board.

And with all the knowledge that even the 32 professional head coaches posess, 31 of them will be failures each season.

WSS

And it's not like we stomped off in protest. Some people get tired talking with nuts who say things like "Obama-mao is on the leftist prof goofy train",

Actually I well remember the crying about Lumbergh very clearly and the threats to leave were he not banned.

You can pretend you don't I guess.

C'mon Heck. Spare me the snowjob.

BTW I just listened to Obamas bullshit in Elyria.

And you whine about me??????????

LOL

But seriously on your secret little board, when one of your colleagues disagrees with you on some issue of the day why do you suppose they're so stupid, evil, racist and/or anti American?

Just ignorant of how policy works?

Brainwashed by Drudge?

Just assholes?

ANd if they aren't why then are you wrong?

WSS

I guess you can point me to all the times you've countered Cal's nonsense... Steve

Okay, now I'm mad at Steve. He, like me, is admitting some of my stuff is nonsense.

well, tell everybody somethin we DON'T know. lol

And, I SAID that Heck was riding on the Obamao goofy train.

I know I post some nonsense. But really, I think it's fun to find different ways

of saying someone is really wrong.

If nothing else, I'm creative, and if that is what rankles the likes of mzbeetlejuice and Heck and Al,

I humbly apologize.

But it's just me. I have fun, and truth is, Steve and I are similar and very different. Say, so is everybody else.

To most of us, that isn't a crime.

But to certain libs, they rail against it, are angry about it, can't control it, and it makes them upset.

Certain libs need some "sense of humor - don't worry, be happy" counseling.

I have to go watch Glenn Beck now. GGG

Honestly, Steve. I know people were on about Lumberg, but I have no idea who that is or why they were upset. I didn't follow that whole thing at all, and I don't read most of the posts. When everyone emailed me about the new board and why they left this one I had no idea what they were talking about, but it's not like I was surprised. I remember some epithets being tossed around, and I don't blame people for taking offense and walking. Life is too short to spend your time talking to racists and bigots. I don't know why you always think I'm lying when I say things like this, then dare me to "be a man" and admit something that I can't. It always amuses me how much you think I scheme when I deal with you, rather than what I do, which is to type out my thoughts really quickly and press send, then go back to my work.

I left this board (for the most part) because everyone who was interesting to talk politics or policy with left this board, or were people I came to know and could just email with anyway.

As for what we talk about, they're all on a level where I can assume they have a serious understanding of the issues we're talking about, so we can just talk. They're also not committed partisans. They're just people with knowledgeable opinions, and I respect their take. Plus, you've got some guys who actually do this stuff for a living, and are working on things like the cap and trade bill right now. It's a lot more interesting to hear from the people working on the actual drafts of the bill, know the players, etc., than someone posting a Drudge link with the headline "Goobers wanking" or likening environmentalists to Stalin and Hitler. I can't imagine that's all that hard to understand.

As for Drudge, it's not whether he is full of shit. He doesn't write anything. He links to right-wing opinion, and writes headlines to make them more friendly to right-wing interests, or to make left-wing interests look bad. He also uses single quotes to make people think he's quoting someone, when he's really summarizing a story or quote in his own words. That's all he does.

In other words, the only reason to go to his site is to have your news pre-filtered by a right-wing activist who is, oddly enough, a closeted homosexual. There's no reason to get your news from him - unless you're only interested in partisan news. Same thing with Fox, unless you're reading what they use from the wire services, since they don't have many actual reporters. They're an opinion organization with partisan journalism thrown in.

As for you, it's sort of interesting for me because you do read up on this stuff, probably more than the average citizen, and like to consider yourself somewhat independent, even while copping to your anti-liberal views, and even though you reserve most or all of your distaste for people on the left. But you're proof of the new reality - there are very few true independent voters left.

As for the rest of the people in here, when I'm in a meeting and everyone is wondering what the hell Fox/Beck/Hannity/Rush/WND types are on about today - "Who the hell is Saul Alinsky and why does anyone care?" "Why are they so obsessed with Anita Dunn?" "What moron puts a picture of Woodrow Wilson with Stalin and Hitler?" - guess who can explain it all to them?

I live in that world so they don't have to. It's my curse.

The most interesting part to me is that I talk to a lot of people on the right, not just you guys. But whether you're in Ohio or Maine or California or Mississippi, you're all talking about the same things, same controversies, real or imagined, or the same articles, by the same people, at exactly the same time. Whatever that Fox/Drudge/Rush triumvirate says you should be angry about today, you're angry about today. (This is less applicable to you than the rest in here.)

Van Jones, the "War on Christmas", illegal immigrants, gay marriage, Copenhagen, death panels, socialism - whatever it is they want to steer you towards they can easily steer you towards. The diehard base of the Republican Party, the type of people who frequent message boards like this, or Free Republic, or Freedom Post, are, to put it plainly, a bunch of servile nutcases. Honestly, if they made up the name of a guy and paired it with some B-roll of him speaking at a college, and told Fox viewers that his name was Abu Shabazz, and he was an old Obama friend who preached gay sex and Islam to teens, they could create an entire controversy out of thin air. You've have legions of guys like Cal demanding that Obama's ties to socialist pederast Abu Shabazz be exposed, and wondering why the mainstream media won't cover it.

Hell, wouldn't even take Fox. An email chain, or a post in a couple right-wing forums like this one would be all it would take.

There may not be a more consequential development in American politics in the last 20 years than the rise in partisan media outlets, particularly right-wing ones. (Left-wing outlets like MSNBC pale in reach and really don't compare.) And it's not a good development.

Abu Shabazz blah blah blah

typical. Lib makes stuff up so he can posture from

his imagined superior viewpoint. I never said anything about abu shabazz whoever.

IOW, you are wrong again. Completely wrong again.

Or, lib twists words so he can have some seblence of a leg to stand on.

Or, lib tries to demonize anyone who talks about subjects and disagrees with them.

Heck, you clearly made a statement that nobody is talking about carbon tax.

Then, I kicked your arrogance to the curb by simply posted a very legit article, legit source,

that 100% contradicted your arrogant putdown.

IOW, you complain about everybody who disagrees with you, Heck.

You can't stand it, you pout about articles you don't like, and you and your ilk

desperately try to to control content.

And you can't stop. Too bad, you seem like you might be able to take part in discussions,

if you weren't such a tool of the lib side.

But wait? Wasn't it cold in Ohio in December a couple weeks ago? From NASA:

2009: Second Warmest Year on Record; End of Warmest Decade

Jan. 21, 2010

2009 was tied for the second warmest year in the modern record, a new NASA analysis of global surface temperature shows. The analysis, conducted by the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) in New York City, also shows that in the Southern Hemisphere, 2009 was the warmest year since modern records began in 1880.

Although 2008 was the coolest year of the decade, due to strong cooling of the tropical Pacific Ocean, 2009 saw a return to near-record global temperatures. The past year was only a fraction of a degree cooler than 2005, the warmest year on record, and tied with a cluster of other years — 1998, 2002, 2003, 2006 and 2007 1998 and 2007 — as the second warmest year since recordkeeping began.

Honestly, Steve. I know people were on about Lumberg, but I have no idea who that is or why they were upset. I didn't follow that whole thing at all, and I don't read most of the posts. When everyone emailed me about the new board and why they left this one I had no idea what they were talking about, but it's not like I was surprised. I remember some epithets being tossed around, and I don't blame people for taking offense and walking. Life is too short to spend your time talking to racists and bigots.

Nobody fits that bill more than you on the left. It’s a cheap weak accusation and one of the stupidest you guys offer up on a regular basis.

I don't know why you always think I'm lying when I say things like this, then dare me to "be a man" and admit something that I can't.

Probably because you spend so much time bragging about your great knowledge of every issue under the sun but feigning ignorance on occasion with an “I don’t even know what you’re talking about” bit. Maybe you missed it all.

It always amuses me how much you think I scheme when I deal with you, rather than what I do, which is to type out my thoughts really quickly and press send, then go back to my work.

So do I Heck, but the high school debate tactics are pretty familiar to me.

I left this board (for the most part) because everyone who was interesting to talk politics or policy with left this board, or were people I came to know and could just email with anyway.

And you’re certainly free to spend your time as you wish.

As for what we talk about, they're all on a level where I can assume they have a serious understanding of the issues we're talking about, so we can just talk. They're also not committed partisans. They're just people with knowledgeable opinions, and I respect their take.

But they’re still wrong if they don’t agree with you, right?

Back to football. Romeo Crennell knows more about football than anybody here right? Yet he was blasted every day.

Plus, you've got some guys who actually do this stuff for a living, and are working on things like the cap and trade bill right now. It's a lot more interesting to hear from the people working on the actual drafts of the bill, know the players, etc., than someone posting a Drudge link with the headline "Goobers wanking" or likening environmentalists to Stalin and Hitler. I can't imagine that's all that hard to understand.

Shrug. Are you asking me to defend topics of discussion I’ve not been a part of?

Didn’t you just bitch about that?

As for Drudge, it's not whether he is full of shit. He doesn't write anything. He links to right-wing opinion, and writes headlines to make them more friendly to right-wing interests, or to make left-wing interests look bad. He also uses single quotes to make people think he's quoting someone, when he's really summarizing a story or quote in his own words. That's all he does.

Heck everybody takes pieces of information to prop up whatever convictions they already have and whatever conclusions they wish to make. Everybody. I’d bet you respect many who support your beliefs..

In other words, the only reason to go to his site is to have your news pre-filtered by a right-wing activist who is, oddly enough, a closeted homosexual.

Since I don’t check the Drudge site I wouldn’t know. But I do love the gay bashing. What’s next Heck? Out Michelle Malkin for being an octoroon?

There's no reason to get your news from him - unless you're only interested in partisan news. Same thing with Fox, unless you're reading what they use from the wire services, since they don't have many actual reporters. They're an opinion organization with partisan journalism thrown in.

So what? I watch CNN and some network news too. I don’t see a lot of difference except the left wing slant is disguised as news.

At least you know right up front where the opinion show are coming from.

Please don’t pretend that a perfectly true story can’t be told in different ways as to reach a desired conclusion. Please?

As for you, it's sort of interesting for me because you do read up on this stuff, probably more than the average citizen, and like to consider yourself somewhat independent, even while copping to your anti-liberal views, and even though you reserve most or all of your distaste for people on the left.

I do indeed. Those on the left are more annoying to me for their faux superior pompous attitudes and hypocrisy. Then again you won’t hear me slobbering over any Republican candidate. Independent doesn’t mean I think compromise equals love and peace. I’m to the hard right or left on many issues. I just don’t have a party that represents my exact view.

But you're proof of the new reality - there are very few true independent voters left.

Again independence from political party devotion doesn’t mean one must be an ideological blank slate.

As for the rest of the people in here, when I'm in a meeting and everyone is wondering what the hell Fox/Beck/Hannity/Rush/WND types are on about today - "Who the hell is Saul Alinsky and why does anyone care?" "Why are they so obsessed with Anita Dunn?" "What moron puts a picture of Woodrow Wilson with Stalin and Hitler?" - guess who can explain it all to them?

Dunno Heck. Remember when I googled Bush Hitler comparisons from your side?

Dozens if not hundreds of hits.

I live in that world so they don't have to. It's my curse.

The most interesting part to me is that I talk to a lot of people on the right, not just you guys. But whether you're in Ohio or Maine or California or Mississippi, you're all talking about the same things, same controversies, real or imagined, or the same articles, by the same people, at exactly the same time. Whatever that Fox/Drudge/Rush triumvirate says you should be angry about today, you're angry about today. (This is less applicable to you than the rest in here.)

Well Heck we are living in a time of lightning fast communication. Is it any different when the words of Axlerod via Obama are repeated within seconds in every chat room or barber shop and around every water cooler?

Van Jones, the "War on Christmas", illegal immigrants, gay marriage, Copenhagen, death panels, socialism - whatever it is they want to steer you towards they can easily steer you towards. The diehard base of the Republican Party, the type of people who frequent message boards like this, or Free Republic, or Freedom Post, are, to put it plainly, a bunch of servile nutcases. Honestly, if they made up the name of a guy and paired it with some B-roll of him speaking at a college, and told Fox viewers that his name was Abu Shabazz, and he was an old Obama friend who preached gay sex and Islam to teens, they could create an entire controversy out of thin air. You've have legions of guys like Cal demanding that Obama's ties to socialist pederast Abu Shabazz be exposed, and wondering why the mainstream media won't cover it.

Again I guess there’s some merit but not enough for me to get worked up over.

Then again Larry Craig was a big story…….

(Oh and when the ACLU goes to war with somebody’s Christmas tree it’s my fault? Seems like your guys could just STFU once in a while couldn’t ya?)

Hell, wouldn't even take Fox. An email chain, or a post in a couple right-wing forums like this one would be all it would take.

Ironically one of the most prolific is Truthout. I get those e mails every day.

There may not be a more consequential development in American politics in the last 20 years than the rise in partisan media outlets, particularly right-wing ones. (Left-wing outlets like MSNBC pale in reach and really don't compare.) And it's not a good development.

Really?

You prefer the days of Cronkite where one wise looking old man was regarded as the bringer of truth?

When there was nowhere else to reasonably get differing opinion?

Come on Heck, MSNBC is a turd because the left doesn’t even have the attention span to devote. (and Air America is too frigging bitter.)

And think about this. Hannity Beck et al rail at Obama. Fine he’s the president.

Olbermann and Madcow rail at Limbaugh and O Reilly. Great.

But that aside, I read some survey recently that stated the biggest influence for lefties is from The Daily Show Colbert SNL and Letterman.

(not you so much)

Geez.

WSS

Wow. You are a fountain of rage. Why not just write "You guys do it too!" and be done with it? That's all this is.

And no, not everyone who disagrees with me is wrong. (I can't believe I had to write that.) But there are basic facts that are either right or wrong, and basic arguments that are valid or are not valid. For instance, saying "It's been cold this week in Ohio" or "temperatures have always fluctuated in the past" or "politicians are power-hungry" are not valid arguments against global warming, or policies that address global warming. But I only have to contend with that level of argument in here, and I keep doing it, which - trust me - makes me the dumbest mf'er in the world. But yes, most of the time arguments like that are just wrong, or not valid. It's not my fault for pointing it out.

I mean, it doesn't even stop them from making the points when you show them that 2009 was a really warm year. Which isn't an argument in and of itself, either, but clearly disputes the argument they're making, which wasn't any good to begin with. So like I said before, these aren't real serious arguments. They're political arguments, and lousy ones at that.

I mean, really. You think that the next time it's cold outside their home they're going to realize that's not a good measurement for worldwide temperatures over time? Or do you think we'll get another round of posts similar to "an inconvenient absence"? Take a guess.

And when I say "I don't know what that means" it's because I read your post and ...I can't tell what it means, or what it's getting at. Sometimes you don't write very clearly, or you're assuming I feel or know something I don't and ...I don't know what you're talking about. I also don't know what "ALL WET IN EGYPT" means. It's as simple as that. (Or according to you, some game I'm playing. Because I don't waste enough of my time in here. Why not make it more excruciating be prolonging it?) How about this? Next time I'll say, "I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Can you please clarify it?" Will that do?

As for cutting and pasting, and Drudge, you clearly don't see the distinction between good information and political information, or good journalism and partisan journalism, or sloppy journalism. (What else is new?) If I posted Olberman's "special comment" in here every day I'd expect to hear about it, but I don't post Olberman. Yet all we get in here are links to partisan opinion pieces found through Fox News, Rush, and Drudge.

For instance, I just posted the results of NASA's yearly study of global temperatures. I found it because it was carried by all the major news services. (Though not on Fox News or Drudge - imagine that!)

It's posted in a thread that starts with a story about ...what the weather in the Midwest was going to be like a few weeks ago. I suppose I could post that in northern New England it's going to be 50 degrees and rain this week, and we could carry on like this, back and forth, until our IQs started dropping to Sling Blade territory. But it wouldn't really be relevant, would it?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll go back to my favorite hobbies - racist epithet-hurling and gay-bashing. Which I do all the time, along with Alo, Shep, and all the rest of rest of my lefty buddies.

(The point was, of course, that I doubt many of the Republicans who frequent his site every morning - and also don't like gay people - know that he's a gay man. How you decided this was me "gay-bashing" is comically pathetic. Drudge's secret isn't very secret, after all. Just to some who wouldn't react so well to the news. Which is why he keeps it a secret.)

Archived