THE BROWNS BOARD

Even if we win this one? Fire the entire coaching staff!

moondawg99

I am almost 62 years old, a lifelong Brown's fan, & Romeo's teams are the WORST fundamentally coached teams I have EVER seen.

One positive....even on an "off" night, Brady got us a win by making some key plays. That young man is showing me a lot. DA would have played catch with the Bills.

It is long past time to get the broom out...I'm talking about the coaching staff.

Mike

Last night I was calling for the coaching staff's heads like many of you.

No blitzes, throwing incompletions when we should hand it to Jamal or Harrison to run the clock, the asinine kickoff at the end...

Beyond these points I have a few deeper issues.

TACKLING

It seems silly to expand on this. We are one of the worst tackling teams in a good while. It amazes me that DQwell Jackson continues to lead the league in tackles. I mostly attribute it to the fact that the D has been on the field too much this season, he just keeps getting opportunities and very few others (hello, Andra? safeties?) are joining in.

FLEXIBILITY

I could be wrong but I have never seen so many injuries on a team related to tendons, pulls, tears, etc. I can only conclude that, beyond being unlucky, our coaching staff is not taking deep musculoskeletal flexibility seriously. Anyone remember when we almost lost both Daven Holly and Braylon on the same play on the first day of camp?

Here is a great resource that the I know the Broncos and Jack Nicklaus have used in the past. If any of you keyboard jockeys out there have some pain from repetitive stress then try some of these exercises (click Help Now). Life-changers! Egoscue Method

POISE

Dang. Looks like Butch Davis is controlling our players' minds from a distance. We have very little poise and BQ seems to be supplying a great deal of that. How many little penalties, drops and bonehead plays have we dealt with so far? It is concerning to see our pros regressing on the fundamentals and not playing smart.

OVERALL

Fundamentals are BAD. Coaching decisions have been questioned all year long. Solid players have been sitting for too long (Quinn, Harrison) and not being used/given a chance.

Romeo must go. Chud is still learning to coordinate an offense (and manage a clock) and Tucker obviously does not have a solid portfolio of defensive schemes ready to take on this division, conference or league.

I hate to say. No I REALLY hate to say it. The performance of our coaches has reached the breaking point and throwing them all out and, sigh, starting over doesn't look so horrible after all.

c-dawg,

I think Chud can be salvaged & make a fine coordinator. The rest can certainly GO!

As far as your comment regarding flexibility, I agree. Too much weight training when flexibility should be emphasized. I was at the Giants Monday night game early...the Giants came out, got in formation, exercised & stretched. The Browns?....Broke up into little groups & did what they damn well pleased. There is NO total team plan now & that MUST change.

Fundamentals..Many say Pros should KNOW them, & while there may be truth in that, the FINEST coaches in ANY sport stress fundamentals above all else.

You made fine points.

Mike

c-dawg,

I think Chud can be salvaged & make a fine coordinator. The rest can certainly GO!

As far as your comment regarding flexibility, I agree. Too much weight training when flexibility should be emphasized. I was at the Giants Monday night game early...the Giants came out, got in formation, exercised & stretched. The Browns?....Broke up into little groups & did what they damn well pleased. There is NO total team plan now & that MUST change.

Fundamentals..Many say Pros should KNOW them, & while there may be truth in that, the FINEST coaches in ANY sport stress fundamentals above all else.

You made fine points.

Mike

I actually agree about Chud (a ton of potential), just a little fed up at this point and I don't foresee a new head coach not bringing in their guy.

Archived