Mock Offseason

Manofclay

New Management

President of football operations - Mike Holmgren

GM - Tom Heckert

Retained Coaches

HC: Eric Mangini

DC: Rob Ryan

OC: Brian Dabol (Unfortunately I think he stays)

Risigned/Renegotiated

Josh Cribbs

Lawrence Vickers

D. Jackson

Brodney Pool

Phil Dawson

Jerome Harrison

A. Elam

Matt Roth

Trade: QB: Derek Anderson & Pick 5-3 (From TB, K2 trade) For RB: Michael Bush Raiders ( The raiders need a QB and while Derek Anderson really isn’t that good neither is Charlie Frye or Bruce Gradkowski and atleast DA has a big arm which Al Davis will like.)

Free Agents:

QB: Kellen Clemens, New York Jets The Browns decide to part ways with Anderson and they need a backup QB. So why not sign another Jet?

TE: Tony Scheffler, Denver Broncos While Matt More came in and did a good job during the end of the year Schefller is an elite tight end who can block and would immediately upgrade our passing offense which is drastically needed.

RT: Alex Barron, Rams I think we will all agree that the browns need a new right tackle because well St. Clair sucks. Considering a lot of quality tackles are available in free agency the Browns decide to sign Barron instead of spending a pick on a right tackle.

ILB/OLB: Derrick Johnson, Kansas City Chiefs Was benched this year and has had a bad relationship with new coach Tod Haley. Johnson was up for trade during the beginning of the year and should be available in free agency. It would be interesting to see what Rob Ryan could do with his talent.

1-7 Joe Haden, Florida CB

Height: 5-11. Weight: 185.

Projected 40 Time: 4.43.

Projected Round (2010): Top 10 Pick.

2-7 Cameron Heyward*, Ohio State

Height: 6-6. Weight: 287.

Projected 40 Time: 4.93.

Projected Round (2010): 1-2. DE

3-7 Mike Johnson, Alabama Guard

Height: 6-6. Weight: 305.

Projected 40 Time: 5.20.

Projected Round (2009): 2-3.

3-20 (From the Jets BE trade) Marshawn Gilyard, Cincinnati WR

Height: 6-1. Weight: 180.

Projected 40 Time: 4.45.

Projected Round (2010): 3-4.

4-7 Kyle Calloway, Iowa Tackle

Height: 6-7. Weight: 315.

Projected 40 Time: 5.22.

5-7 Colin Peek, Alabama TE

Height: 6-6. Weight: 255.

Projected 40 Time: 4.79.

Projected Round (2010): 4-5.

5-20 (From the Jets, BE trade) Jordan Lake, Baylor FS

Height: 6-2. Weight: 205.

Projected 40 Time: 4.56.

6-7 Dan LeFevour, Central Michigan QB

Height: 6-3. Weight: 226.

Projected 40 Time: 4.80.

Projected Round (2010): 6-7.

7-7 Jerome Murphy, South Florida CB

Height: 6-1. Weight: 185.

Projected 40 Time: 4.39.

7-14 (From Carolina, Louis Leonard trade) Barry Church, Toledo SS

Height: 6-2. Weight: 219.

Projected 40 Time: 4.58.

Projected Round (2010): 5-6

Depth Chart:

QB: Brady Quinn/Kellen Clemens/ Dan LeFevour

FB: Lawrence Vickers

RB: Jerome Harrison/ Michael Bush /James Davis

TE: Tony Scheffler /Evan Moore/ Colin Peek

LT: Joe Thomas/ Floyd Womack

LG: Eric Steinback/ Mike Johnson

C: Alex Mack/Hank Fraley

RG: Rex Hadnot/ Mike Johnson

RT: Alex Barron/ Kyle Calloway

WR: MoMass/Josh Cribbs

WR: Brian Robiskie/ Marshawn Gilyard /Mike Furrey

DE: Cameron Heyward /Robaire Smith/C.J. Mosely

NT: Shaun Rogers/ Atyha Rubin

DE: Corey Williams/Kenyon Coleman

OLB: Kamerion Wimbley/Alex Hall

ILB: Derrick Johnson /David Bowens/David Veikune

ILB: D'Qwell Jackson/Eric Barton/Kaluka Maivia

OLB: Matt Roth/Jason Trusnik

CB: Eric Wright/Brandon McDonald/ Mike Adams

CB: Joe Haden /Coy Francies/ Jerome Murphy

S: Brodney Pool/ Barry Church

S: Abe Elam/ Jordan Lake

KR: Josh Cribbs / Marshawn Gilyard

PR: Josh Cribbs / Marshawn Gilyard

K: Phil Dawson

P: Dave Zastudil

New Offensive Players 9

New Defensive Players 6

New ST Players 1 (Cribbs insurance)

Kinda good. I know that Lefevour wont be there in the 6th round. Id rather take Mclain with the 7th pick to play inside, he is nasty. with the second pick I take Patrick Robinson CB from FSU.

New Management

GM - Tom Heckert

Retained Coaches

Risigned/Renegotiated

Josh Cribbs

Lawrence Vickers

D. Jackson

Brodney Pool

Phil Dawson

Jerome Harrison

A. Elam

Matt Roth

Trade: QB: Derek Anderson & Pick 5-3 (From TB, K2 trade) For RB: Michael Bush Raiders ( The raiders need a QB and while Derek Anderson really isn’t that good neither is Charlie Frye or Bruce Gradkowski and atleast DA has a big arm which Al Davis will like.)

Free Agents:

QB: Kellen Clemens, New York Jets The Browns decide to part ways with Anderson and they need a backup QB. So why not sign another Jet?

TE: Tony Scheffler, Denver Broncos While Matt More came in and did a good job during the end of the year Schefller is an elite tight end who can block and would immediately upgrade our passing offense which is drastically needed.

RT: Alex Barron, Rams I think we will all agree that the browns need a new right tackle because well St. Clair sucks. Considering a lot of quality tackles are available in free agency the Browns decide to sign Barron instead of spending a pick on a right tackle.

ILB/OLB: Derrick Johnson, Kansas City Chiefs Was benched this year and has had a bad relationship with new coach Tod Haley. Johnson was up for trade during the beginning of the year and should be available in free agency. It would be interesting to see what Rob Ryan could do with his talent.

Depth Chart:

New Offensive Players 9

New Defensive Players 6

I say you make a few good options. Alex Barron,Derrick Johnson,a possible DA trade .I believe one or both qb's will be moved hopefully for more picks this year and or nexy year.I wouldn't dive to deep into FA's.Too much time and money has been spent on FA's .Although its early in the off season,here are some interesting draft picks. 1-RB Spiller,play multiple positions.2-Reshad Jones S Georga.3-Sapp OLB Clemson.3-Hernandaz TE Florida.4-Arenas CB Alabama.

Heyward is heading back to Columbus (and I'm glad about that), but I lilke the pick. He will be a very good 3-4 DE. Also, I don't think Barry Church will be there in the 7th round - although I'm high on Church, too. He has good size and is stout against the run. Gilyard, who again I really like, will most likely be gone in the second round.

We need more talent at the WR position. We need either a free agent or Dez Bryant.

Sure do- wonder what kind of price tag the Cardinals will put on Boldin. Bryant or Gillyard, that will be the question. IMHO, if the Browns hang on to the #7 pick, they'll go D with it. Dead last in the NFL is all you need to know. :)

I'd love to see Arenas in Cleveland, but I think he'll go a lot earlier than most people expect. I just have a feeling. I had the same feeling with Jerome Simpson a couple years back, and I was right about that. Granted, I'm biased on the Simpson front.

I think we can do no wrong with picking either Haden or McClain with our 7 pick.

New Management

GM - Tom Heckert

Retained Coaches

already been announced he stays

Risigned/Renegotiated

Josh Cribbs

Lawrence Vickers

D. Jackson

Brodney Pool

Phil Dawson

Jerome Harrison

A. Elam

Matt Roth

Fail

nobody not even the raiders want Anderson

Free Agents:

fail

fail

RFA

overrated fail

not in the draft epic fail

wont be around in the 3rd fail

Fail

fail

will be long gone another epic fail

wont even be drafted 3rd epic fail

Depth Chart:

New Offensive Players 9

New Defensive Players 6

Roster=Fail

Roster=Fail

No need to be a douchebag. He's just trying to provide some sort of blueprint or guesstimate for the upcoming offseason. Instead of pointing out his failures, why not come up with your own ideas? Or do you just lurk in the background, hating on people's opinions whilst providing none of your own?

An offseason in which our only additions at safety are Jordan Lake and Barry Church would be pretty risky, in my view. If those guys are our rookie additions, we'd also need to add a competent veteran who could start immediately, perhaps trading a 5th to the Pats for James Sanders.

Kinda good. I know that Lefevour wont be there in the 6th round. Id rather take Mclain with the 7th pick to play inside, he is nasty. with the second pick I take Patrick Robinson CB from FSU.

I would try and stay away from ACC or SEC players a lot them are nothing but trouble and are always getting arrested. especially those boys from Florida schools.

I would try and stay away from ACC or SEC players a lot them are nothing but trouble and are always getting arrested. especially those boys from Florida schools.

Yep.....load up the roster with MAC and Big east players....that will get it done.

LOL

I'd like TE Aaron Hernandez from Florida in there somewhere. I always liked Michael Bush coming out of Louisville but it's unclear how much Al Davis is willing to part with him.

M Bush could be the real deal..would have won the heisman 06 hadn't he broke his tibia 1st game.. saw him play at louisville..type of player who could take over a game back then....a ton of potential...hell he can even qb...had great qb numbers as high school stud...interesting

I hope Cleveland doesn't break the bank for a TE like Scheffler. He's so far from elite it's absurd (I'd rank at least fifteen TEs above him: Gates, Witten, Cooley, Shiancoe, Shockey, Miller, the other Miller, Davis, Clark, Carlson, Celek, Heap, Finley, Boss, and Winslow). I like Moore at TE, believe it or not, if we can pick up one legit WR. And I want it to be one through FA. I'd like to see our biggest FA acquisition at that WR spot. Give me someone with work ethic, experience, and the ability to make defenses take account of him on every play. That's going to open up Moore and the running game, even if we're playing dink-and-dunk in general.

Moore's numbers project out to (at 16 games): 38 catches, 506 yards; Scheffler had 31 for 416 on the season, and never had significantly better numbers. But I'll stop beating that horse.

A guy like Boldin may not want to come to Cleveland, but there are other good WRs out there.

Brandon Marshall. The Bad: He's insane. The Good: 307 catches, 3700 yards, and 23 TDs over the last three years.

Derrick Mason: The Bad: He's 36. The Good: 256 catches, 3100 yards, 17 TDs over the last three.

Boldin: The Bad: Has missed 7 games over the last three; The Good: Averaging 6.3 catches, 75 yards, and .6 TDs per game over the last three.

M Bush could be the real deal..would have won the heisman 06 hadn't he broke his tibia 1st game.. saw him play at louisville..type of player who could take over a game back then....a ton of potential...hell he can even qb...had great qb numbers as high school stud...interesting

Bush is the best overall RB for the Raiders. Fargas is a better runner when he's healthy, but he's never healthy. I cannot see the Raiders letting him go unless they get something very nice in exchange. Al Davis is stupid, but he loves his athletes.

I hope Cleveland doesn't break the bank for a TE like Scheffler. He's so far from elite it's absurd (I'd rank at least fifteen TEs above him: Gates, Witten, Cooley, Shiancoe, Shockey, Miller, the other Miller, Davis, Clark, Carlson, Celek, Heap, Finley, Boss, and Winslow). I like Moore at TE, believe it or not, if we can pick up one legit WR. And I want it to be one through FA. I'd like to see our biggest FA acquisition at that WR spot. Give me someone with work ethic, experience, and the ability to make defenses take account of him on every play. That's going to open up Moore and the running game, even if we're playing dink-and-dunk in general.

Moore's numbers project out to (at 16 games): 38 catches, 506 yards; Scheffler had 31 for 416 on the season, and never had significantly better numbers. But I'll stop beating that horse.

A guy like Boldin may not want to come to Cleveland, but there are other good WRs out there.

Brandon Marshall. The Bad: He's insane. The Good: 307 catches, 3700 yards, and 23 TDs over the last three years.

Derrick Mason: The Bad: He's 36. The Good: 256 catches, 3100 yards, 17 TDs over the last three.

Boldin: The Bad: Has missed 7 games over the last three; The Good: Averaging 6.3 catches, 75 yards, and .6 TDs per game over the last three.

the obvious pick is marshall...albeit a garden varity sociopath the kid DOES deliver on the field and he can help the Browns win........i don't care if he is not a model citizen

Big East Sucks! What Im saying is, I hope we dont go after a bunch of stupid thugs. It is a known fact that sec schools recruit a lot of ignorant but talented athletic people for sports.

Excluding Miami, I can't think of another school that is full of these so called "ignorant but talented athletic people".

Thank you for all of your comments. However I think you cannot simply rule out players by what school they go too. While i am a huge ohio state fan some of their players have serious character issues, the Browns need playmakers regardless of what school they are from. Once the combine is over, I will update my mock offseason taking into account everything you guys have said. Well most of it.

Thank you for all of your comments. However I think you cannot simply rule out players by what school they go too. While i am a huge ohio state fan some of their players have serious character issues, the Browns need playmakers regardless of what school they are from. Once the combine is over, I will update my mock offseason taking into account everything you guys have said. Well most of it.

What if they go to the Tennessee School for the Blind?

Big East Sucks! What Im saying is, I hope we dont go after a bunch of stupid thugs. It is a known fact that sec schools recruit a lot of ignorant but talented athletic people for sports.

A fact from where??

Say what you want. If I had to stick to drafting players from one conference, it would be SEC players.

That is if you want to win games.

If I was putting together a Jeopardy team, then sure, I would probably have my eye on Ivy league players.

Nice guestimations. I would have thought Clemens when Mangini was calling the shots, I'm less convinced now.

I don't see the trade with the Raiders for Bush happening. Anderson's salary is too much. So I think any team that is interested (and I do think there will be a team or two that is) can just wait until he's cut and bring his salary in line with backup $$.

Instead of giving up our third, and fifth plus Anderson for Bush, I'd use our first third round pick on Ryan Mathews of Fresno. He's a more powerful RB than what we have and has some explosiveness.

Archived