THE BROWNS BOARD

Strikingly similar...

BrownsBacker85

It seems to me that our O-line and run game is developing like NY's did. Wonder who could of had a hand in that??? Interresting, very interresting. <_<

Rex Ryan should be sending Mangini "Thank You" card each time the Jets run for 100.

It seems to me that our O-line and run game is developing like NY's did. Wonder who could of had a hand in that??? Interresting, very interresting. <_<

Couldn't help thinking that myself during the game. In fact, the best things about the Jets are components Mangini built, the worst part about the Jets is what Mangini traded them.

Couldn't help thinking that myself during the game. In fact, the best things about the Jets are components Mangini built, the worst part about the Jets is what Mangini traded them.

IDK the guys rex brought in and the duds that lost mangini his job sent away to cleveland could have something to do with it. how many times did mangini go to the playoffs with the jets. hmmmmmmmmm

I give more credit to Dabal than fatass mangini figuring out maybe if we acually run with a real running back instead of the GREAT ONE.

Anyone notice that mangini looks like kevin james from king of queens

I give more credit to Dabal than fatass mangini figuring out maybe if we acually run with a real running back instead of the GREAT ONE.

Why is it necessary to make personally insulting remarks in your criticism of the coach? Is your argument so weak that you have to say things like this to make yourself sound credible? Does it make you feel more like a man? Do you think people respect you more because you can call somebody a name? Really, I've been reading this stuff (not just from you) on message boards for years and it trips me over the edge. Why is it necessary to be hateful? Why can't you just state your argument and be done with it? This is one of my pet peeves. Gad.

Oh, and while I'm ranting:

It's alluded, not eluded. One eludes a tackle but alludes to one's preferences.

And unless you're using sign language, it's a moot point, not a mute point.

Everyone makes the occasional spelling/punctuation/grammar error but these drive me nuts. Sometimes I just can't take it anymore. Okay now it's someone's turn to take a shot at me for split infinitives or incorrect use of the ellipsis and semicolon. You wouldn't be the first, so have at it.

Mangini went 9-7 last year with the Jets. Rex Ryan went 9-7 this year with them. Stop acting as if Ryan made the Jets go through some miraculous turn around.

Not only that, but the Jets were able to absorb the salaries of Sanchez, Douglas, Leonard, Scott and Edwards because Mangini and Tannenbaum were fiscally sound and had only one big miss in the draft and free agency (Gholston). In contrast, a lot of the Browns' moves or non-moves made this offseason were made because Savage made a mess of the salary cap, traded away picks, and was less that stellar with the picks he retained.

The philosophy is the same. Mangini/Tannenbaum drafted Mangold in the first round their first year. Build your running game from the inside out. Mack was the selection in the first round this year, eschewing more glamorous picks. If he had the reins of the draft this season, I'm pretty sure Mangini would look for a lock down corner as priority #1 (although McClain might be too good to pass up running the 3-4) and would use, at minimum, one of the third round picks on run blocking RT/G.

Why is it necessary to make personally insulting remarks in your criticism of the coach? Is your argument so weak that you have to say things like this to make yourself sound credible? Does it make you feel more like a man? Do you think people respect you more because you can call somebody a name? Really, I've been reading this stuff (not just from you) on message boards for years and it trips me over the edge. Why is it necessary to be hateful? Why can't you just state your argument and be done with it? This is one of my pet peeves. Gad.

Everyone makes the occasional spelling/punctuation/grammar error but these drive me nuts. Sometimes I just can't take it anymore. Okay now it's someone's turn to take a shot at me for split infinitives or incorrect use of the ellipsis and semicolon. You wouldn't be the first, so have at it.

Heh heh. You said "nuts".

Zombo

and "semi" colon.

Mangini did have a lot to rebuilding the Jets, and I agree it is funny how Mangini pulled off the trade of BE to them. For that one we should b putting a feather in his hat.

As for being a hater, there is another board, all the other haters were shipped off to it. Some like to call it Gilligans island. They have 8 Haters, one woman and one transvestite and sit around all day slapping each others behinds. :lol:

Not only that, but the Jets were able to absorb the salaries of Sanchez, Douglas, Leonard, Scott and Edwards because Mangini and Tannenbaum were fiscally sound and had only one big miss in the draft and free agency (Gholston). In contrast, a lot of the Browns' moves or non-moves made this offseason were made because Savage made a mess of the salary cap, traded away picks, and was less that stellar with the picks he retained.

The philosophy is the same. Mangini/Tannenbaum drafted Mangold in the first round their first year. Build your running game from the inside out. Mack was the selection in the first round this year, eschewing more glamorous picks. If he had the reins of the draft this season, I'm pretty sure Mangini would look for a lock down corner as priority #1 (although McClain might be too good to pass up running the 3-4) and would use, at minimum, one of the third round picks on run blocking RT/G.

I don't think the drafts will be TOO much different, Holmgren drafted several linemen in drafts he was in control of.

Why is it necessary to make personally insulting remarks in your criticism of the coach? Kshutchins

I never said "butticheck" or "dumbvis".. honest...

it wasn't me.... "sniff"

it was FLUGELS !

(I SO don't want to be grounded....) :rolleyes:

Chip,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think LT Ferguson was also a first-round choice by EM in the same year Mangold was drafted. Even though Gholston has been a bust, those two 1st-rounders are making a difference with NY.

And here we are with a carbon copy of Thomas and Mack, and the 8th-ranked rushing attack in the NFL. #1 over the last four weeks.

Now about those QB's and receivers . . .

Chip,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think LT Ferguson was also a first-round choice by EM in the same year Mangold was drafted. Even though Gholston has been a bust, those two 1st-rounders are making a difference with NY.

And here we are with a carbon copy of Thomas and Mack, and the 8th-ranked rushing attack in the NFL. #1 over the last four weeks.

Now about those QB's and receivers . . .

I know you asked Mr. Banks but here's my take,

I think you're right about Ferguson and until recently Browns fans haters pointed to that pick as another bust for Mangini. Some of us said it was too soon to judge but what do "some of us" know? One thing is for sure about Mangini, he can spot OL and DBs with the best of them. As far as recievers go, its tough to gauge his eye for them as he spent his first few years building the defense and the OL. He did however realize that Braylon sucked and he hosed the jets on that one. And Cotchery is a very solid WR. I will go on record right now and say that I think MoMass will be a good/very good #1 in this league for awhile. I also feel like once Robo is in the slot full-time, he will be solid. He has done nothing to suggest otherwise. And now that The Walrus is in town as well as that GM guy, WRs will be easy to find on the 2nd day of the draft. Philly has always done well drafting skill players and now with at least two very bright football guys in the orginization, I think we'll be fine.

Kathy, I agree with you 100%. Name calling & making fun of another accomplish nothing other than discrediting the "name caller".

Folks, practice "The Golden Rule". I'm pretty sure we all know it.

Mike

I love when Mom rips someone a new asshole, and always glad it ain't me.

- Saint Atenears

I agree...

She should be given full control of the eject button for the tavern next season. If I have control there will only be like 4 people left after I get done ejecting everyone who pisses me off...

Archived