THE BROWNS BOARD

Carson Palmer

lodilobo

A couple months ago, there was a poster on here trying to convince me that Carson Palmer was the best qb in the NFL. I disagreed then, and based on what I've seen in the last 2 Bengals games, he's not in the top ten. I would be looking in the draft for a qb if I were the Bengals' GM. Very disappointing.....making the Jets look like a good team. I wonder what kind of deal we could make to get Ochocinco. I know a lot of people here don't like him, but personally, I think he is still a great receiver, and certainly would be a good fit here.

id rather see us, as fans, accept the notion of building thru the draft....and actually do it.

I agree, but free agency is a valuable resource in rebuilding, too. With a few good FA's, a team can turn completely around in an off season.

To help Palmer, the Bengals need to add a competent starting wideout opposite Ochocinco, not trade him away.

They could cut their losses with Laveranues Coles and look to the draft for his replacement. Fortunately for them, this year's draft is a good one if you're looking for a starting wideout in the mid/late 1st round.

I agree, but free agency is a valuable resource in rebuilding, too. With a few good FA's, a team can turn completely around in an off season.

well, carson's signed thru 2014....ocho thru 2011.

im not down with trading picks for guys over 30......and its not like we have much talent that we'd like to trade in the division to bargain with. being that FA doesn't apply, how else could we get either of them without mortagaging the future?

we've got quite a few 30+ guys already who are still contributing, and im not one to give up on vets based on age....rather production. but this is a bottom up rebuild from the looks of it, so ya gotta get receivers snaps to work on the learning curve. our 2nd round may not look so bad next year....

To help Palmer, the Bengals need to add a competent starting wideout opposite Ochocinco, not trade him away.

I agree about Coles. He's been overrated in my opinion.

A friend of mine remarked that he suspects Palmer doesn't do well in cold weather. Is there any evidence to back this up?

Coles to me seemed like the only receiver on the Bengals who could get open and catch yesterday.

Palmer certainly looked pretty bad though.

Although...he's still light years better than either of the Qb's we have currently.

I know a lot of people here don't like him, but personally, I think he is still a great receiver, and certainly would be a good fit here.
i like him and respect his game for sure, but saying he "certainly would be a good fit here" is a head scratcher. sure he's tough and smart, but does he really qualify for the "character part" of Mangini's core values, which are arguably his principle's hingepin?

i like him and respect his game for sure, but saying he "certainly would be a good fit here" is a head scratcher. sure he's tough and smart, but does he really qualify for the "character part" of Mangini's core values, which are arguably his principle's hingepin?

Ocho's only character issue is that he has too much fun. If you honestly think about it, he's done absolutely nothing off the field to attract media attention other than change his last name and bitch about his contract after a terrible year. We've already got a player bitching about his contract, and I don't think Mangini is going to cut Cribbs solely because of that, so I don't feel Mangini would have too much of a problem with Ocho either. Ocho's not out there punching kids in the face, getting high and running over pedestrians, trying to sue the team he currently plays for, or getting in really any type of trouble at all. He plays hard on Sundays, and has a little fun too. I think Mangini would be willing to overlook that in favor of his on the field performance.

Look at it this way:

Ocho's Pros (All excluding his rookie season, and a terrible 2008 season)

-On average, about 1,200 yards a season.

-About 8-9 TD's a season.

-Played in every game.

-Has got 5 Pro Bowls to his name.

-Has become a great downfield blocker as of late.

-Defenses have to game plan around him.

-Brings the big play possibility on every down.

-No off the field problems.

-Makes for a hell of an interview (Did anyone see his interview with Bob Costas before last week's game)

Ocho's Cons

-Has crazy touchdown celebrations (that rarely, if ever, draw a penalty)

-Is known to complain when he feels he's not included in the offense.

His pro's definitely outweigh his cons by a considerable margin. I've hated Ocho since his rookie season, but this year I've jumped on his bandwagon. I read his autobiography, and I've been keeping on eye on him throughout the season. He's not a bad guy, not at all. In fact, he may be one of the truest, most passionate guys to play the game in a long time. He just has a little too much fun.

With all that said, Ochocinco will never be a Brown. It just won't happen.

Ocho's only character issue is that he has too much fun. If you honestly think about it, he's done absolutely nothing off the field to attract media attention other than change his last name and bitch about his contract after a terrible year. We've already got a player bitching about his contract, and I don't think Mangini is going to cut Cribbs solely because of that, so I don't feel Mangini would have too much of a problem with Ocho either. Ocho's not out there punching kids in the face, getting high and running over pedestrians, trying to sue the team he currently plays for, or getting in really any type of trouble at all. He plays hard on Sundays, and has a little fun too. I think Mangini would be willing to overlook that in favor of his on the field performance.

Look at it this way:

Ocho's Pros (All excluding his rookie season, and a terrible 2008 season)

-On average, about 1,200 yards a season.

-About 8-9 TD's a season.

-Played in every game.

-Has got 5 Pro Bowls to his name.

-Has become a great downfield blocker as of late.

-Defenses have to game plan around him.

-Brings the big play possibility on every down.

-No off the field problems.

-Makes for a hell of an interview (Did anyone see his interview with Bob Costas before last week's game)

Ocho's Cons

-Has crazy touchdown celebrations (that rarely, if ever, draw a penalty)

-Is known to complain when he feels he's not included in the offense.

His pro's definitely outweigh his cons by a considerable margin. I've hated Ocho since his rookie season, but this year I've jumped on his bandwagon. I read his autobiography, and I've been keeping on eye on him throughout the season. He's not a bad guy, not at all. In fact, he may be one of the truest, most passionate guys to play the game in a long time. He just has a little too much fun.

With all that said, Ochocinco will never be a Brown. It just won't happen.

either you have a short memory, are new to the Ocho show, or have convenient amnesia cuz Ocho has done much more than what you seem to remember Couchy. or maybe you're confusing your understanding of high character with Mangini's. ? take a close look, there's a lot more there than overly dramatic touchdown celebrations.

a couple things i'd like to address about your examples: punching "kids" in the face? kids have curfews, the dude was probably older than you (he was late 20s, right?) & BE had history w/ him. no justification but he didn't punch some random kid.

getting high and running over pedestrians? wow, just wow. i don't even want to open this can of worms up again.

sue the team? are you are referring to Joe J and his monstrous $25K lawsuit?!? seriously? after staph ended his career?

if Mangini's gonna fine the maximum for a water bottle, what do you think he'd do for someone who was racking up league maximum fines EVERY WEEK for ridiculous game-time antics? he's a side show--a distraction, and if it weren't for his talent enabling him to be one, NO ONE would put up with it.

you don't need to break laws to be a team hinderance>>>from his perennial demands of a trade to his latest boxing promotions during the season he is the epitome of a "me-first" guy. ask yourself, is this a guy who "loves football" or just loves the money? does he ever put himself ahead of the team? would he compromise the team's success by holding them salary-hostage, or would he restructure? etc etc.

it's not the end of the world if a vet comes to camp "on time" and misses some valuable team-building but i think you'll find moving forward that our vets WILL be there, whether voluntary or not. that's one example of the difference in the character EM wants here, and an example of who Chad Ochocinco is not.

some things are more important than talent believe it or not, and i'm glad EM has the wisdom it takes to realize it. EM's not gonna compromise his beliefs for a blingy showboat of ocho's caliber, no matter how talented, smart, or tough (and especially at ocho's age). i don't dislike Ocho, and i thought how he bought all those tickets this season to avoid the blackout was pretty cool (no matter what the motivator). but don't get it twisted, he's just not our type.

either you have a short memory, are new to the Ocho show, or have convenient amnesia cuz Ocho has done much more than what you seem to remember Couchy. or maybe you're confusing your understanding of high character with Mangini's. ? take a close look, there's a lot more there than overly dramatic touchdown celebrations.

a couple things i'd like to address about your examples: punching "kids" in the face? kids have curfews, the dude was probably older than you (he was late 20s, right?) & BE had history w/ him. no justification but he didn't punch some random kid.

getting high and running over pedestrians? wow, just wow. i don't even want to open this can of worms up again.

sue the team? are you are referring to Joe J and his monstrous $25K lawsuit?!? seriously? after staph ended his career?

if Mangini's gonna fine the maximum for a water bottle, what do you think he'd do for someone who was racking up league maximum fines EVERY WEEK for ridiculous game-time antics? he's a side show--a distraction, and if it weren't for his talent enabling him to be one, NO ONE would put up with it.

you don't need to break laws to be a team hinderance>>>from his perennial demands of a trade to his latest boxing promotions during the season he is the epitome of a "me-first" guy. ask yourself, is this a guy who "loves football" or just loves the money? does he ever put himself ahead of the team? would he compromise the team's success by holding them salary-hostage, or would he restructure? etc etc.

I agree sisky! I would want nothing to do at all with Clowno! While he doesnt have any legal problems off the field he is an absolute circus and side show and is more about promoting ocho cinco then he is his team! While im all for having fun and i agree the guy likes to have fun but he takes it way too far where with him its more about the show and him then it is about the game. No thanks!!!!

Besides the guys is over 30 now. He is not as feared anymore as he once was! He is no where close to being a guy you structure your gameplan against! He is not a deep threat at all! This year he caught one pass that went for more than 40 yards all season. His strength is not the big play anymore, he's more of a solid route runner with good hands but having said that he dropped more passes this year than he ever has. I could name tons and tons of other recievers that i would rather have than him. No thanks, ill pass.

I repeat, Ocho has never gotten in trouble for anything other than his touchdown celebrations and his trade request after a terrible year. Do you know Mangini? Do you attend the player meetings and discuss character issues with him? No, I thought not. I think that you just want to hate Ocho so much that you're disregarding the facts. Show me something more than overly dramatic touchdown celebrations. His trade request? We'll get to that.

Let's address these examples, since you think I'm apparently full of shit:

-I said kid. Guess I made a mistake. That doesn't erase the fact that BE punched a person unprovoked in public. But, I'm only 20 years old, what would I know about punching things? I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground. Because with age comes knowledge, right? Get over yourself.

-Yes, he got high and he ran over a pedestrian. It happened, whether you like it or not. I fully believe in second chances, and I believe Donte more than deserves one. He worked hard no matter where he was at, and I'm intrigued to see what he does with his second chance. I hope he stays with us, actually. But he still got high and ran over a person. Can of worms- opened.

-I was referring to Kellen Winslow. You know, the prima donna TE who thought he was bigger than the Cleveland Browns. Sure, he was an asset on the field, but he never really was on the field, was he? He was too busy popping wheelies in a parking lot. Can't wait to see how much of a "xxxxin' soldier" he becomes in Tampa Bay.

I don't think he'd do anything. Braylon was stealing. Something that's against the law. Ocho is celebrating a touchdown. That's hardly a more violation.

you don't need to break laws to be a team hinderance>>>from his perennial demands of a trade to his latest boxing promotions during the season he is the epitome of a "me-first" guy.

Perennial? Really?

From Merriam-Webster.com:

1 : present at all seasons of the year

3 a : persistent, enduring b : continuing without interruption : constant, perpetual c : regularly repeated or renewed : recurrent

One offseason. One. That's how many times he asked for a trade. Hardly a "perennial" occurance, wouldn't you think?

And you mean Ocho's request to Dana White to fight Spider Silva? The one that he wants to put on for charity? Yeah, what a "me-first" guy. Don't take it from me, take it from Ocho : "Dana this Ocho Cinco, I want to fight your #1 and #2 best fighters asap,exhibition to raise money for a charity of choice!!!!!! Mr. White this a serious matter, we can help alot organazations with this fight, I have a good chance at winning against Silva"

Damn, what a jackass Ocho is. He really doesn't care about anyone, does he?

ask yourself, is this a guy who "loves football" or just loves the money? does he ever put himself ahead of the team? would he compromise the team's success by holding them salary-hostage, or would he restructure? etc etc.

A guy who loves money? You know, for as much as he gets fined, I'd have to say that money obviously isn't an issue to him. As a matter of fact, read his autobiography. In it he says (and I'm paraphrasing because I don't have the book with me) "I love the game. Money isn't a problem. They can fine me all they want. It doesn't bother me. When they take the game away from me, that's a different story, that's when it becomes real."

Sounds to me like he's a guy who "loves football". As for holding the team's salary hostage, I think you're misremembering. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he say he didn't want any sort of contract negotiation, only a "change of scenery"? There's no need to correct me, I'm not wrong. That's what he said. He didn't want the Bengals money, he wanted to go to a place where he felt appreciated. And this was only after the media came right out and told the Bengals they wouldn't go anywhere with Ocho on the roster.

Damn him for requesting a trade when he felt unappreciated. Only assholes would do such a thing, right? See: Josh Cribbs.

it's not the end of the world if a vet comes to camp "on time" and misses some valuable team-building but i think you'll find moving forward that our vets WILL be there, whether voluntary or not. that's one example of the difference in the character EM wants here, and an example of who Chad Ochocinco is not.

Ocho reported to camp. Not sure where you were going with that.

some things are more important than talent believe it or not, and i'm glad EM has the wisdom it takes to realize it. EM's not gonna compromise his beliefs for a blingy showboat of ocho's caliber, no matter how talented, smart, or tough (and especially at ocho's age). i don't dislike Ocho, and i thought how he bought all those tickets this season to avoid the blackout was pretty cool (no matter what the motivator). but don't get it twisted, he's just not our type.

"Our" type, or "your" type? After reading this nonsensical drivel, I've come to the conclusion that you just flat out don't like Ocho. And that's fine, not many people do. But you might want to get your facts straight before you try and call someone out.

Fact of the matter is, Ocho is a damn good receiver who would instantly help our wide receiving corps. Instantly. And whether you want to believe it or not, he's a great person with strong character. But I guess, to you, those who try to entertain others are classless douchebags with no moral compass. I'm just ballparking here, tell me if I'm on the right track.

A couple months ago, there was a poster on here trying to convince me that Carson Palmer was the best qb in the NFL. I disagreed then, and based on what I've seen in the last 2 Bengals games, he's not in the top ten. I would be looking in the draft for a qb if I were the Bengals' GM. Very disappointing.....making the Jets look like a good team. I wonder what kind of deal we could make to get Ochocinco. I know a lot of people here don't like him, but personally, I think he is still a great receiver, and certainly would be a good fit here.

I probably see more Bungle games than most of you here from my viewpoint in SW Ohio (and I'm surrounded by Bungalites at work).

1) The prevailing view is Palmer has never been the same since VonCheapshotten took his knee out in the Steeler playoff game.

2) Da Stripers made a humoungous bad mistake letting Houshmanzadah leave in FA- he was the real franchise guy, which brings us to ----

3) The guy I affectionately call Mucho Stinko. I can tell you with absolute certainty Mangini would have none of Chad's gametime showboating antics- In fact, I find it hard to believe Marvin Lewis still does. The guy does play hard, but he's going to be 31 this year, and he's not in the same league anymore as guys like Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson. Behind the scenes Chad is a really decent guy- when the Bengal games were in danger of being blacked out, he bought hundreds of tickets and gave 'em away to underprivileged kids, and ditto on taking the same on big time shopping sprees at the mall- but he just can't help himself when the lights come on during the game.

4) We're not gonna make a trade within the AFC North. Now if you want a real wild rumor making the rounds here (real wild- and because if it's an uncapped year possible). Palmer to the Seahawks, and Hasselbeck to the Browns?

I probably see more Bungle games than most of you here from my viewpoint in SW Ohio (and I'm surrounded by Bungalites at work).

1) The prevailing view is Palmer has never been the same since VonCheapshotten took his knee out in the Steeler playoff game.

2) Da Stripers made a humoungous bad mistake letting Houshmanzadah leave in FA- he was the real franchise guy, which brings us to ----

3) The guy I affectionately call Mucho Stinko. I can tell you with absolute certainty Mangini would have none of Chad's gametime showboating antics- In fact, I find it hard to believe Marvin Lewis still does. The guy does play hard, but he's going to be 31 this year, and he's not in the same league anymore as guys like Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson. Behind the scenes Chad is a really decent guy- when the Bengal games were in danger of being blacked out, he bought hundreds of tickets and gave 'em away to underprivileged kids, and ditto on taking the same on big time shopping sprees at the mall- but he just can't help himself when the lights come on during the game.

4) We're not gonna make a trade within the AFC North. Now if you want a real wild rumor making the rounds here (real wild- and because if it's an uncapped year possible). Palmer to the Seahawks, and Hasselbeck to the Browns?

I've read the Hasselbeck to Browns rumor a couple of places.

I'm not in love with Brady nor do I hate DA.

I think most QBs can flourish in the right situation.

As this season progressed we had real change on the O line.

We had and NO # 1 receiver.

Edwards Winslow gone.

Stallworth gone.

M0 Mass a rookie.

Give Quinn a season says I.

And no to an aging Crotcho-Stinko.

WSS

I wish I could dig up the posts from a few years ago, when everybody here was drooling over how "great" Carson Palmer was. Except for me, who TRIED to tell you what an overhyped choker he was. Back then (to you anyway) Ben was the "game manager" and Palmer was the franchise stud.

Now it's turned out that the Steelers won a couple rings becoming a pass-first team with Ben, the franchise, and the Bengals have given up on Palmer and gone to ball control.

Funny how things turn out.

Once again, my superior knowledge wins out.

If what you say is true, I would go with the blind squirrel theory rather thsn knowledge, having read your opinions on other topics.

I repeat, Ocho has never gotten in trouble for anything other than his touchdown celebrations and his trade request after a terrible year. Do you know Mangini? Do you attend the player meetings and discuss character issues with him? No, I thought not. I think that you just want to hate Ocho so much that you're disregarding the facts. Show me something more than overly dramatic touchdown celebrations. His trade request? We'll get to that.

wow, this is extensive! thanks for the reply, i'll try to keep this brief (but this in no way means you are not welcome to the last word ;) ).

re: more than overly dramatic touchdowns.

locker checklists, boxing promotions, sideline antics (ochocinco velcro nameplate, future H.O.F. sports coat, gold grill monologues into camera)...it goes on. i'm not gonna laundry list the dude, if you know anything about him you know of them too (or you're conveniently ignoring them). there's no denying he lives a playboy lifestyle, traveling extensively, extravagant gifts, the whole nine. this is not a nock on him, but we're profiling him here. we can both agree he's not blue collar, right? not a real humble dude? at risk of going out on a limb here i think Mangini is looking for humble.

Let's address these examples, since you think I'm apparently full of shit:

-I said kid. Guess I made a mistake. That doesn't erase the fact that BE punched a person unprovoked in public. But, I'm only 20 years old, what would I know about punching things? I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground. Because with age comes knowledge, right? Get over yourself. he was an adult and he was running his mouth>>BE wasn't unprovoked according to eye witnesses. TCPO, see it's not about that. a lot of what you say or seem to think i can relate to, because i was there at one time too. i estimated your age based upon your responses on the board over the last--whatever (months? years?). still, i find your stance on most of these either a little bit uninformed, really closed-minded, or just young.

the articles i read that support my stance are available for you to read as well...but it's not worth me citing it here, sorry.

-Yes, he got high and he ran over a pedestrian. It happened, whether you like it or not. I fully believe in second chances, and I believe Donte more than deserves one. He worked hard no matter where he was at, and I'm intrigued to see what he does with his second chance. I hope he stays with us, actually. But he still got high and ran over a person. Can of worms- opened.

-I was referring to Kellen Winslow. You know, the prima donna TE who thought he was bigger than the Cleveland Browns. Sure, he was an asset on the field, but he never really was on the field, was he? He was too busy popping wheelies in a parking lot. Can't wait to see how much of a "xxxxin' soldier" he becomes in Tampa Bay.

I don't think he'd do anything. Braylon was stealing. Something that's against the law. Ocho is celebrating a touchdown. That's hardly a more violation. Braylon was not stealing, "incidentals" covers that. but he signed an agreement (contract) that stated he couldn't do that. like when he parked in the handicap space at the facility repeatedly when he just needed to "run in real quick"--he didn't kill anybody but a message needed sent, and it wasn't about theft. it was about maturity and responsibility. sorry to sound smug but are you following me here?

Perennial? Really? yes perennial, as in every year, as in i can't remember an offseason in at least the past five years when he hasn't been a distraction making it known about how he wants traded. he's so good at it these days he can just let the interviewer bait him with the question and the way he declines comment says everything he wants us to know. in fact, it's to the point now where it's been going on for so long it's like a joke cuz he knows he's locked up and they aren't letting him out. please don't tell me i'm the bigger ocho fan here Timmy!

From Merriam-Webster.com:

1 : present at all seasons of the year

3 a : persistent, enduring b : continuing without interruption : constant, perpetual c : regularly repeated or renewed : recurrent

One offseason. One. That's how many times he asked for a trade. Hardly a "perennial" occurance, wouldn't you think?

And you mean Ocho's request to Dana White to fight Spider Silva? The one that he wants to put on for charity? Yeah, what a "me-first" guy. Don't take it from me, take it from Ocho : "Dana this Ocho Cinco, I want to fight your #1 and #2 best fighters asap,exhibition to raise money for a charity of choice!!!!!! Mr. White this a serious matter, we can help alot organazations with this fight, I have a good chance at winning against Silva"

Damn, what a jackass Ocho is. He really doesn't care about anyone, does he? yes, what a jackass he is. SILVA? !! :rolleyes:

it's apparent his ego goes well beyond a fighting purse and the "charity" angle is just leverage bro>>>that shits all about him.

A guy who loves money? You know, for as much as he gets fined, I'd have to say that money obviously isn't an issue to him. As a matter of fact, read his autobiography. In it he says (and I'm paraphrasing because I don't have the book with me) "I love the game. Money isn't a problem. They can fine me all they want. It doesn't bother me. When they take the game away from me, that's a different story, that's when it becomes real." ...because there goes the money. money's not a problem because of the game. if he's still playing arena when he's 40 then i'll buy in. forgive me for being skeptical.

Sounds to me like he's a guy who "loves football". As for holding the team's salary hostage, I think you're misremembering. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he say he didn't want any sort of contract negotiation, only a "change of scenery"? There's no need to correct me, I'm not wrong. That's what he said. He didn't want the Bengals money, he wanted to go to a place where he felt appreciated. And this was only after the media came right out and told the Bengals they wouldn't go anywhere with Ocho on the roster. those were hypothetical questions posed for you my friend, for you to ask yourself. again we're profiling here, disputing whether that fits with what Mangini has told us he wants in a player.

Damn him for requesting a trade when he felt unappreciated. Only assholes would do such a thing, right? See: Josh Cribbs.

Ocho reported to camp. Not sure where you were going with that.

"Our" type, or "your" type? After reading this nonsensical drivel, I've come to the conclusion that you just flat out don't like Ocho. And that's fine, not many people do. But you might want to get your facts straight before you try and call someone out. this is hilarious...but to answer "our" type based upon what we have to go off of in pressers and interviews. and since i've bought in, it just happens to now be my (your) type as well. and i do like ocho, but i am certain he does not fit EM's ideal "mold" of core characteristics based upon his track record.

Fact of the matter is, Ocho is a damn good receiver who would instantly help our wide receiving corps. Instantly. And whether you want to believe it or not, he's a great person with strong character. But I guess, to you, those who try to entertain others are classless douchebags with no moral compass. I'm just ballparking here, tell me if I'm on the right track. no, not really. and i guess we can agree to disagree with our definitions of what we consider a "great person" "with strong character". a real pity you got nothing out of my previous response whatsoever. and that last part about talent not being everything was definitely a concept i had to grow to accept. maybe it'll become tangible on this team for us this year.

Guest berniesipe
I wish I could dig up the posts from a few years ago, when everybody here was drooling over how "great" Carson Palmer was. Except for me, who TRIED to tell you what an overhyped choker he was. Back then (to you anyway) Ben was the "game manager" and Palmer was the franchise stud.

Now it's turned out that the Steelers won a couple rings becoming a pass-first team with Ben, the franchise, and the Bengals have given up on Palmer and gone to ball control.

Funny how things turn out.

Once again, my superior knowledge wins out.

Congrats on being dead on about another over rated heisman winner flop :lol:

I'm the close-minded one? That seems like the pot calling the kettle black.

I'm not asking for us to field a team of muderers and rapists. The last thing I would want is the Cleveland Mean Machine, no matter what their level of talent is. I just find it kind of stupid that you folks would overlook a player who can obviously step in and help in a tremedous fashion just because he likes to celebrate after his touchdowns.

Granted, I'm only 20 years old. I don't know a damn bit of anything, do I?

By the way, the Bengals made it to the playoffs with Ocho. He obviously didn't distract them too much. If anything, he's distracting to the other teams.

I'm the close-minded one? That seems like the pot calling the kettle black.

I'm not asking for us to field a team of muderers and rapists. The last thing I would want is the Cleveland Mean Machine, no matter what their level of talent is. I just find it kind of stupid that you folks would overlook a player who can obviously step in and help in a tremedous fashion just because he likes to celebrate after his touchdowns.

Granted, I'm only 20 years old. I don't know a damn bit of anything, do I?

By the way, the Bengals made it to the playoffs with Ocho. He obviously didn't distract them too much. If anything, he's distracting to the other teams.

don't get me wrong, personally i'd LOVE it TC. Ocho has good hands, speed, and he's slick. he's totally fine by me, i'd welcome him here.

players like Erocc and Webbie made fans go nuts just with their play. in CLE he'd have tons of crowd support...he wouldn't need to do dumb antics for attention like in Cincy and draw pointless fines and penalties.

with ocho in a Browns uni and some wins it might even feel like a party again. the stuff that happens while killing time between commercials would probably be worth it alone..it's very cool that he played in our division and i got to watch pretty much his whole NFL career.

i was pissed when he jumped into the Pound...when BD and DPM gave him the okay...he's the type, like a Deion or someone like that-some goof that can get away with whatever because of his talent.

i think Ocho might have Dawg Pound envy--who wouldn't? i'd probly try to Lambeu Leap into it too if i were him.

one last thing...the rest of the F.O. can also outvote his ass if need be and bring in whomever they want really. they could potentially and bend Mangini's S.A.T. + high character requirement as well...so really anything's possible.

Carson Palmer was on the fast track to greatness before the knee injury in the playoffs against the Steelers. He was in the top 5 best qb's in the league. I believe the elbow injury last year and the knee injury from before have taken away most of his ability. Why else would a team that could throw for 100 yards in 1 quarter switch to a ball control offense. It doesn't make sense. It was hard watching him that last game. He was very inaccurate late on his decision making and had trouble throwing for 100 yards.

Archived