THE BROWNS BOARD

Why do we have 3 qb's?

cambridgeho

Just a quick question, where will Brett Ratliff be during all this off season additions and subtractions? Is it me or is he just wasting a roster spot right now? He came in a trade and hasn't seen the light of day. We have DA, BQ, and HIM, we also have Josh Cribbs as emergency. Do we really need 3? Makes you wonder what EM has planned or had planned, because now he won't have the say on the final roster, or will he?

I don't know the answer to that question but I will offer the following possibilities:

1) Most teams carry three QB's. Why would we be any different? It's such a critical position, three may be the better number because that means you're potentially trying to develop two QBs which gives you insurance if one busts. It's too important a position to not be trying to improve it. I don't think Cribbs ultimately does that.

2) Ratliff had a really good preseason in 2008 and pre-Favre there were many grumblings about him actually surpassing Clemens for the #2 spot and potentially the "future". Tannenbaum parted ways with him somewhat easily having gotten Sanchez but perhaps EM saw him as potentially better than Quinn or Anderson in the long run (i.e., some insurance). Of course, the guy that donned a Browns' uniform last preseason didn't look anything like the Ratliff in NY. Strong arm. Comfortable in the offense and REALLY seemed to rally the huddle and move the ball. Don't know what happened.

I could be wrong...

Of course, the guy that donned a Browns' uniform last preseason didn't look anything like the Ratliff in NY. Strong arm. Comfortable in the offense and REALLY seemed to rally the huddle and move the ball. Don't know what happened.

Thing is, the QB being comfortable in the offense means squat if the rest of the offense isn't comfortable in the offense. Ratliff might look a bit better next time around.

Just a quick question, where will Brett Ratliff be during all this off season additions and subtractions? Is it me or is he just wasting a roster spot right now? He came in a trade and hasn't seen the light of day. We have DA, BQ, and HIM, we also have Josh Cribbs as emergency. Do we really need 3? Makes you wonder what EM has planned or had planned, because now he won't have the say on the final roster, or will he?

Please show the trolls that you know more then them. At least drink more then them? With 2 marginal QB's come on.

Dude somebodys got to hold BQs clipboard when hes in there throwing to covered check down guys at least till hes injured again.

Booty was on the Browns for a few years and never even got to shake hands after the game.

Ratliff sees the field we are in trouble

My point being that we had 3 QB's and no real proven backup, or proven Qb for that matter. Why did we have Ratliff if EM knew that he wasn't that good. He knew what he had in our other QB'S which wasnt much at the time. I just figured we would have gotten someone that would have been slightly more developed. We pretty much had 2 qbs with the same experience and one that Is either really hot or extremely cold. My other point was, because of all the talk about getting a new QB this year, would we keep Ratliff? or do we draft a QB in the later rounds and keep Quinn and then pick up a seasoned QB via trade or FA. Im not trying to start a who's a better QB between DA or BQ thread either.

I'd be surprised if Cleveland doesn't run with 3 QBs (even if only two are typically active). If you're starting a QB who doesn't have a ton of experience, you want a vet there on the sidelines. That's two at a minimum. Three is insurance.

Archived