THE BROWNS BOARD

Cribbs to be on Mike & Mike

beefjerky

I just got done dropping Dawgpound Mike a message on facebook regarding that billboard idea.

I wrote, "Since when did we start rooting for one player and against the Cleveland Browns franchise? Are we going to lobby for who we want the team to draft too or else we show up late or don't attend? You started lobbying before Holmgren decided on the Head Coach, GM, and while the collective bargaining agreement is still in limbo. It's looking like self promotion again ... give it a rest."

I'm all for retaining Cribbs in the best interest of the Browns, but we have a long off-season where our new President had to make a decision on the Head Coach, has to hire a GM and restructure the front office and they don't know what is in store over the collective bargaining agreement with the players union. Not to mention signing free agents, their 11 draft picks and all other expiring contracts.

Cribbs is signed for three more years. I believe he will get more money, and the Browns have offered him more money. Cribbs, his agent and DawgClown Mike need to STFU for a little while and allow a ton of other important decisions to be addressed regarding this franchise. The mess that Cribbs is in (if you want to call it a mess) is of his own doing. he signed and agreed to the contract he is currently playing under. Hold-out if he wants, but to pout to the media before the stadium empty at the last game and prior to all the above mentioned was settled or addressed properly was rediculous.

Holmgren addressed the guy in his press conference, it ain't like they have forgotten him.

Stop whining Cribbs! ... and for crying out loud STFU DawgClown Mike!

I believe there is a more important player here in Cleveland right now. One who's contact 'is' expiring. One that is definately the franchise and can play every position and be an all-star at each one.

His name is LEBRON JAMES.

If Cleveland Fans are going to ban together and buy a billboard, it better be in support of the King and span two-citties (Cleveland and the one to our South).

Agreed, cribbs is one person on the team. He is 27 years old and will be 30 when his contract is up. I'm pretty sure he will either play with what ever gets offered to him, becuase he wont be sitting out till he is 30. If somone is willing to give up alot to get cribbs, (doubtful)I'm sure holmgren will make the right decision.

No one wants Cribbs to gone but its team first!

I believe there is a more important player here in Cleveland right now. One who's contact 'is' expiring. One that is definately the franchise and can play every position and be an all-star at each one.

If Cleveland Fans are going to ban together and buy a billboard, it better be in support of the King and span two-citties (Cleveland and the one to our South).

I agree but this thread has nothing too do with Lebron. <_<

Crbbs said if he don't get paid "he is going to sit out".

I wouldn't re-do his contract until the mid-summer. Let's see what trade offers he generates on the eve of the Draft and through the trading periods.

Doesn't hurt to field offers.

Sounds to me that perhaps Cribbs over stepped his means of living and needs a sugar daddy loan. Perhaps spent a bit too much on his 'crib'? There is no reason to be forcing the Browns hands in January and running to every News Media outlet to campaign.

They actually already have one on realcavsfans.com.

got a link to him on Mike and Mike?

I would like to hear it as well.

I really think that if he sits out, that will hurt his career in the NFL. What message does that send the Browns and other teams on what kind of player he is? I really think he has a huge heart and loves the game too much to sit out but if he does, I think that will haunt him for days to come.

I agree with others that he should be paid more but he's the one that signed the contract. They are offering him a raise for the remainder of his current contract. Do you guys think this is coming from him or more pressure from his agent/representatives? It hurts that he would just put it on hold till he gets the number he wants.

Okay. But how much more do you want the Cavs to offer LeBron than "the max contract?"

Unlike the Cribbs situation, the ball is completely in LeBron's court.

http://lebron2010.com/

I agree but this thread has nothing too do with Lebron. <_<

every thread has something to do with LeBron, or at least they should. I'm far more scared of him leaving after this year than of Cribbs holding out.

Cribbs is on a media spree basically trying to draw more attention to his contract situation. This could have two possible outcomes: FA's do not come to Cleveland because Cribbs is trying to portray the organization as a low balling one, or Cribbs will ruin his reputation around the league as a cry baby. I agree he deserves more than 1. whatever million dollars, but a good point was brought up with his age and current contract.

One thing offices DONT want to deal with is a player who goes out to ESPN and talks on every program they have about how he loves a team but wont play another down unless he gets an improved contract. That is just another distraction. It was the first offer from a new front office, and Cribbs needs to realize even though he has been negotiating with the old office, he needs to be mature because this isnt the same group of people.

I hate cry baby athletes

Cribbs is on a media spree basically trying to draw more attention to his contract situation. This could have two possible outcomes: FA's do not come to Cleveland because Cribbs is trying to portray the organization as a low balling one, or Cribbs will ruin his reputation around the league as a cry baby. I agree he deserves more than 1. whatever million dollars, but a good point was brought up with his age and current contract.

One thing offices DONT want to deal with is a player who goes out to ESPN and talks on every program they have about how he loves a team but wont play another down unless he gets an improved contract. That is just another distraction. It was the first offer from a new front office, and Cribbs needs to realize even though he has been negotiating with the old office, he needs to be mature because this isnt the same group of people.

I hate cry baby athletes

Cribbs will sign. He doesn't WANT to go anywhere. Blame the agent.

As much as I love Cribbs and realize how important he is to the team....I say let him sit. He's under contract. How many Sundays of football does the guy really have left? Is he really going to piss away a season of football and shorten his career and ruin his reputation over money??

I think he'll sign a new deal and get a raise...but if he tries to threaten to sit out...let him...

Can anyone name a special teams star who held a team hostage then went to another team and the original club regretted it?

I know it's not that simple and that Cribbs actually contributes to the offense but imagine that the offense improves next year and has a legit passing and running attack. Those plays are going to marginalize the use of the WildDawg.

I would love to keep Josh Cribbs. I think he's a good person and a good player but I don't like the idea of anyone holding the team hostage; I don't want to call him expendable because he's not exactly but I just don't see how we'd regret calling his bluff. He signed a contract that has three years left and I think it's awfully generous of any employer to consider reworking such a deal because Deion Sanders said so on NFL network. The point of the matter is that two parties entered an agreement and he did so willingly. He's on the short end of a discrepancy. What if the tables were turned and he was stealing money from the club (Oh no, THAT's never happened before)?? Would we be begging the player to give his money back? If so, I'm sure the Jets want to speak to Mr. Gholston. The Raiders want to redo JaBustus Russell.

Contracts are contracts and I can see the goodwill in reworking them....I just hate it when the agents screw it all up.

Can anyone name a special teams star who held a team hostage then went to another team and the original club regretted it?

I know it's not that simple and that Cribbs actually contributes to the offense but imagine that the offense improves next year and has a legit passing and running attack. Those plays are going to marginalize the use of the WildDawg.

I would love to keep Josh Cribbs. I think he's a good person and a good player but I don't like the idea of anyone holding the team hostage; I don't want to call him expendable because he's not exactly but I just don't see how we'd regret calling his bluff. He signed a contract that has three years left and I think it's awfully generous of any employer to consider reworking such a deal because Deion Sanders said so on NFL network. The point of the matter is that two parties entered an agreement and he did so willingly. He's on the short end of a discrepancy. What if the tables were turned and he was stealing money from the club (Oh no, THAT's never happened before)?? Would we be begging the player to give his money back? If so, I'm sure the Jets want to speak to Mr. Gholston. The Raiders want to redo JaBustus Russell.

Contracts are contracts and I can see the goodwill in reworking them....I just hate it when the agents screw it all up.

This may sound like heresy, and I love Cribbs & want to have him finish his career as a Brown- but his contract makes him very tradeable. If a team comes calling with a high second, or a second and a player, Holmgren will certainly listen to an offer like that.

Archived