THE BROWNS BOARD

Preferred Winners

The Gipper

With the first round over now, here are my preferred choices for victory in the divisional round of playoffs. This isn't necessarily who I predict would win but is who I would prefer to see win:

NFC:

Minnesota over Dallas. Vikings have never won since their 1960 inception. If Cowboys don't win a title for another 100 years, its OK with me.

New Orleans over Arizona. Though the Cardinals are the most forlorn franchise in the NFL and I would want to see them finally break through and win, the Phoenix area had a fairly recent title (2001) when the Diamondbacks won. And the Cardinals haven't been in Arizona that long. New Orleans however has never had a major league professional sports title.

AFC:

Chargers over Jets. San Diego hasn't had a title since the 1963 AFL Chargers won. While it has also been over 40 years since the Jets won a title, the New York area gets more than its share of titles from its other franchises.

Ravens over Colts. Normally I would never choose the Ratbirds, but for two reasons I choose them: 1. Because the Colts/Indy have won more recently than Baltimore, and 2. because I really do want to see the Chargers win the AFC, and having the Ravens beat the Colts means the Chargers could host the AFC championship game with a better chance to go to the Super Bowl.

Preferred Super Bowl match: San Diego vs. New Orleans

NFC:

Dallas over Minnesota - Remove your dislike for the Cowboys and owner Jerry Jones, the Cowboys are at their peak.

New Orleans over Arizona. I think we will see New Orleans in the Super Bowl. Drew Brees deserves it.

AFC:

Chargers over Jets. Braylon Edwards is a loser, therefore the Jets will lose.

Colts over Ravens. New England Patriots on the decline the Colts are not.

Preferred Super Bowl match: Indianapolis vs. New Orleans (my twio favorite QB's ... behind Derek Anderson, of course)

NFC:

Dallas over Minnesota - Remove your dislike for the Cowboys and owner Jerry Jones, the Cowboys are at their peak.

New Orleans over Arizona. I think we will see New Orleans in the Super Bowl. Drew Brees deserves it.

AFC:

Preferred Super Bowl match: Indianapolis vs. New Orleans (my twio favorite QB's ... behind Derek Anderson, of course)

I'd like to see Favre vs. Warner in the NFC Championship, and Chargers/Colts in the AFC, with a Charger /Cardinal 59-53 Super Bowl.

Zombo

--that Saint/Cardinal game will be fun

NFC:

AFC:

Are you saying you prefer to see the Cowboys win, or simply that you think they will win?

NFC:

Minnesota over Dallas - "America's Team" baloney.

New Orleans over Arizona. Arizona? Boring. New Orleans in the super bowl would be fun.

AFC:

Chargers over Jets. Even though I'd like to see Edwards drop a record # of passes, causing the Jets to lose the superbowl...

we'd never hear the end of his bragging that he was the superstar that got them there with his smile.

Colts over Ravens. I guess I'll root for the Colts here, for sure, but I don't want them going to the superbowl either.

Preferred Super Bowl match: Chargers vs. Minnesota I don't need a hundred screen shots of Eli Manning going "yippee yippee!"

in his lodge, and I don't need more coverage of the tragedy of Katrina in New Orleans.

Besides, I just like the matchup, and Favre would be fun to watch in the superbowl again. Well, unless you have your money

on Minnesota...

Im rooting for Favre, he is America's favorite son.

Screw the cowboys and being called America's team. They're not mine.

Ditto on the Cowboys. Arrogant a-holes.

Have to root for New Orleans, they've been down forever, though assuming the Vikings can get past the Cowboys (not a given) I see the Vikings in the SB.

In the AFC, thanks Rats for taking the Patriots out (did Brady suck in that game or what? The Browns could have beaten them) now kindly lose to the Colts. Jets won't have the firepower to keep up with the Chargers.

SB I'd like to see: Chargers- Saints.

SB I think we will see: Colts- Vikings.

I'm still prediciting a vikings/colts Superbowl but damn I'd love to see the Cardinals take it all.

As long as the Ravens are in the superbowl i'm happy. I'll even take the Cowboys as long as the Ravens dont make it.

I called Jets-Vikings at the beginning of the season. My friend called Chargers-Saints. The loser has to take the winner out to the local Brazilian Steakhouse.

It's going to be Jets-Vikings. I'm flat broke, I can't afford to take him out.

What do you eat at a Brazilian steakhouse, Iguana?

Arizona @ Dallas for NFC title game

San Diego @ Indy, AFC

preferred Superbowl would be SD vs Arizona, with Cardinals winning

of course the TRUE preferred Superbowl is Browns vs whomever

I want to see the Jets and Ravens win so that the Jets can host the AFC Championship and I can go with my brother who has season tickets. Then, I'd like to see Braylon drop critical passes en route to a loss that puts the Ravens into the Super Bowl only to lose....to anybody (I prefer the Saints or Cards) not named Favre.

Feb 7, 2010

NEW FLASH FROM MIAMI!!!

Peyton Manning leads late surge as Colts defeat Cowboys 26-24 in Super Bowl XLIV.

Indy won't make it as they pull their regulars in the 3rd quarter vs. San Diego, with a 21-0 lead. They want to make sure no one is hurt before the Superbowl, and lose 24-21.

Mostly beyond the Cleveland Browns I don't give a rats ass for other teams.

That said there are a few I kinda like to see do well if the Browns are out.

The Jets since Joe Namath

The Pats since Belichick got the raw deal here.

The Packers, for old times sake.

The Bills since I visited Buffalo.

Then teams I hate a lot:

Shgittsburgh, the Ratbirds, Cokeboys.

Some I hate, but a little less:

Bungles, Eagles, Falcons, Raiders.

Some I just dislike:

Miami, Faguars, Denver...

The rest I'm ambivalent to neutral.

I'd root for Favre had he taken up with a team that wasn't the Vikes.

It's like seeing Petraeus in a turban.

So screw em all.

<_<

WSS

screw everyone in the nfc. cowboys number one on the courtesy flush list. too bad that practice 'tent' didn't take out jerry jones, tony homo and jessica simpson all at once. the world would be a better place. anyone that roots for brett favre must like takin' it in the ass cuz he's been fukin people/teams for years now. screw that punk. i would root for orleans but everytime i see drew brees without his helmet on i get reminded of my favorite line from the movie Uncle Buck: "here's a quarter, now go downtown and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face!" yikes! i get distracted. cardinals only team that i wouldn't run their bus off the road.

afc: since browns ain't in it i'll root for the underdog: jets. there's somethin about those ryan boys that says: "don't fuk with me!" rehvis got robbed on that vote by the way.

Mostly beyond the Cleveland Browns I don't give a rats ass for other teams.

So screw em all.

<_<

WSS

That pretty much sums it up for me too. I don't like anyone else in the AFC but the Browns, and I'm kind of tolerant of the Cards in the NFC because I like Fitzgerald & Warner.

Archived