2010 free agency list

cdl15

Charlie Batch, Pittsburgh Steelers (35)

Kyle Boller, St. Louis Rams (29)

David Carr, New York Giants (31)

Brodie Croyle, Kansas City Chiefs (27)

Daunte Culpepper, Detroit Lions (33)

Rex Grossman, Houston Texans (30)

Joey Harrington, New Orleans Saints (31)

Jon Kitna, Dallas Cowboys (37)

Matt Moore, Carolina Panthers (26) – Restricted FA

Chris Redman, Atlanta Falcons (33)

Brett Ratliff, Cleveland Browns (25) – Exclusive Rights FA

Troy Smith, Baltimore Ravens (26) – Restricted FA

Not real impressed i'll take what we got and add a late round draft pick just release ratliff already

LOL.

Zombo

Not real impressed i'll take what we got and add a late round draft pick just release ratliff already

I don't understand the hurry to release Ratliff, and if you use this list as the guide, it may be a first round choice at QB.

I don't understand the hurry to release Ratliff, and if you use this list as the guide, it may be a first round choice at QB.

Draft first round Qb and you might as well sit there like the vikings did with our thumbs up our asses and watch guys fall off the board that we need much much more. 3rd round qb at earliest

I wonder if we could get one of the Vikings QB's in a trade. They have 2 back ups that are probably better than what we have starting. Jackson has progressed every year he has been in and Sage has been solid. I think either one of them could possibly land on our roster. Of course we will also be drafting the LeFevour.

Hopefully the Eagles decide not to exercise their option on Mike Vick. He would instantly be the best qb we've had since we've been back.

Have you watched him play at all this year? He was worse than Quinn and Anderson combined before he became a guest of the state. He's not any better now than he was back then. He's Cribbs with more speed and less strength.

Hopefully the Eagles decide not to exercise their option on Mike Vick. He would instantly be the best qb we've had since we've been back.

Alright here's the deal Eric Mangini likes intelligent, decent human beings Mike Vick is neither of these. What Vick did to those dogs is evil plain and simple I don't care if you don't value other life forms as much as a human life it was still completely wrong. The last thing the browns need is an evil douche like vick as the face of the franchise especially since fans patience is growing thin with the teams losing ways.

Alright here's the deal Eric Mangini likes intelligent, decent human beings Mike Vick is neither of these. What Vick did to those dogs is evil plain and simple I don't care if you don't value other life forms as much as a human life it was still completely wrong. The last thing the browns need is an evil douche like vick as the face of the franchise especially since fans patience is growing thin with the teams losing ways.

Just heard on ESPN that Reid is going to keep all 3 qbs on his roster. So no need to worry about Vick. I agree about the character issues, but more importantly, He's inaccurate, and not much of an upgrade (if any) over what the Browns already have.

The ONLY one of these I think worth a look is Troy Smith, but that may just be my bias toward a Cleveland/OSU guy showing.

I WANT TROY SMITH!

Keep Ratliff as a backup even though Bartel was better, Mangini seemed to favor Ratliff for personal reasons and not skill reasons.

All Bartel needed to do to become a better QB was get rid of the ball earlier(he got sacked a million times in the preseason but had a great completion rate).

edit:

by the way, how is this a "2010 free agency list"? this is a "2010 QB free agency list".

Troy Smith? He is a restricted free agent.

Which means, you'd end up giving the dirty, stupid, ugly and putrid ratbirds a huge value for him.

Seriously, ... NO.

Which means, you'd end up giving the dirty, stupid, ugly and putrid ratbirds a huge value for him.

Seriously, ... NO.

he's already requested a trade and wants to play for the Browns, I don't think the Ravens have plans for him in the future.

why do people romanticize troy smith so much? because he was a buckeye? there is a reason why he isn't seeing any pt.

There is a reason, you're right. His name is Joe Flacco.

What's the harm in bringing in Smith, if we can get a decent enough trade for him? I think it's already been proven that our QB's aren't necessarily cutting it. I say, if we can get Smith without giving away anything of too great a value, we should go for it.

It won't happen, of course. But there's no harm in wishing. And, Harbaugh was endorsing Smith all throughout the offseason until he got sick. I'm not saying Smith is the second coming of Jesus Christ (who was a great quarterback, on top of everything else), I'm just saying he's worth taking a shot.

My memory is a bit cloudy, but I remember Troy Smith as a good QB but not as a great one. The kid was really athletic and could run but I don't remember much about his arm. How good was his accuracy?

Also... Tim Couch... I love your avatar. :lol:

Brady Quinn- Notre Dame - 46 games

COMP ---- ATT---- COMP %------ YDS------ TD --- INT --- RATING ---- RuATT ---- RuYDS ---- AVG ----RuTD

929 ------ 1602 --- 58.0 --------11,762 ----- 95 ----39 ---- 134.4 ------- 254 -------- 182 --------.7------ 6

Troy Smith- The Ohio State University - 44 games

COMP ---- ATT ----- COMP % ----- YDS ------ TD --- INT --- RATING ---- RuATT ---- RuYDS ---- AVG --- RuTD

420 ------ 670 ------ 62.7 -------- 5,720 ------ 54 --- 13 ----- 159.72 ----- 283 -------1197 ------ 4.2 ------ 14

And, just for shits and giggles.

Peyton Manning- University of Tennessee - 45 games

COMP ---- ATT ---- COMP % ---- YDS ---- TD ---- INT

851 ----- 1354 ----- 62.85 ------ 11,201 --- 89 ---- 33

Comparing completion percentages, Troy Smith was more accurate in college than Brady Quinn, and only slightly less accurate than Peyton Manning. Granted, BQ and Peyton more than doubled Smith in every other statistic, excluding rating and TD's. These stats are hard to compare, though, because:

1)Tressel had two more than capable running backs that he relied on

2)Smith made plenty of plays on his feet instead of passing

3)Fulmer and Willingham/Weis ran a much more aerial-based offense than Tressel (from what I remember)

4)It's Peyton freakin' Manning.

I'm not on the Troy Smith bandwagon at all. I'd love to give him a shot, but it won't happen. I'm more inclined to believe that Holmgren would like a more traditional type QB than a rushing QB. The only reason I like Troy Smith is because he was a very mobile QB who had the pass first mentality. Most of the time, he only made the plays on his feet if he had to. And like I said before, I don't want a running QB who can throw, I'd much rather have a throwing QB who can run.

I'm only posting these stats because it's late, I'm bored, and I can't go to sleep. If these stats prove anything, it's that you can't foretell a QB's NFL career based on his college stats. If you could, Brady Quinn would have won a couple MVP awards by now, don't you think? And Ryan Leaf, along with Tim Couch, would be perennial Pro Bowlers.

Oh, and thanks. There's nothing I love more than Braylon being Braylon.

Draft first round Qb and you might as well sit there like the vikings did with our thumbs up our asses and watch guys fall off the board that we need much much more. 3rd round qb at earliest

Not saying that is what I would do, but add it up...we have a new regime, and one who seems to know qbs...at least he says so.

If we aren't thrilled with the qbs we have, and can't find something via free agency, the draft is the logical next step.

If we fall in love with a Clawsen as an example, don't be shocked if we pull the plug and draft him.

Ultimately, much is going to depend on the evaluation Holmgren gives DA and Brady. If he likes one of them, that is the route we will take. If he decides to pass, we will have to do something.

Seeing we do have extra picks this year, it very well could be determined this is the year to pluck the qb if one who fits the bill is there.

Seriously, ... NO.

OK, I agree. I might like to see him here, but not at any real cost. If he was a UFA, perhaps. Or maybe one of those 6th-7th round draft picks, but no more. He would be an experiment.

My memory is a bit cloudy, but I remember Troy Smith as a good QB but not as a great one. The kid was really athletic and could run but I don't remember much about his arm. How good was his accuracy?

Also... Tim Couch... I love your avatar. :lol:

Well, Smith won the Heisman Trophy....which automatically qualifies him for "greatness", at least at the college level.

But as we know, many Heisman Trophy winning QBs did diddley with their pro careers. Here is the list of Heisman QB "busts" at the Pro level since 1960:

Terry Baker

John Huarte

Steve Spurrier

Gary Beban

Pat Sullivan

Andre Ware

Gino Toretta

Charlie Ward

Danny Weurfell

Chris Weinke

Eric Crouch

Jason White

Question marks or "backup/serviceable": Doug Flutie? Ty Detmer?

Heisman QBs successes:

Roger Staubach

Jim Plunkett

Vinny Testaverde

Carson Palmer

Heisman QBs "Too early perhaps to tell":

Matt Leinert

Troy Smith

Tim Tebow

Sam Bradford

Of the 4 above, do you believe any of them will pan out to be a pro success? It seems to me that the odds are only about 33%, meaning one of them may become really good, one somewhat serviceable, and two of them complete busts. Right now, Leinert and Smith are in the "Backup-serviceable" category. If they do nothing further with their careers they will degrade down to the "bust" category. Fair to say?

just throwing it out there other fa qbs are

Tarvaris Jackson

chad pennington

jason campbell

kyle orton

kellen clemens

FA RBS

Ronnie Brown RFA

Pierre Thomas RFA

Cadillac Williams FA

Darren Sproles FA

Mike Bell FA