THE BROWNS BOARD

HOF Finalists

The Gipper

Here is the list of finalists to be elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in the next few weeks:

Tim Brown

Chris Carter

Don Coryell

Roger Craig

Dermotti Dawson

Richard Dent

Russ Grimm

Charles Haley

Rickey Jackson

Cortez Kennedy

Dick LeBeau

Floyd Little

John Randle

Andre Reed

Jerry Rice

Shannon Sharpe

Emmit Smith

LeBeau and Little are Veterans Committee nominees and are practical shoe-ins for election. That leaves potentially only 5 possible positions to be filled from the rest of this group. With Rice and E. Smith also shoe-ins that leaves only 3 possible spots for everyone else. My choice for those 3 possible slots: Carter, Grimm, and Dent.

Also note, the following semifinalists did not make the cut: Paul Tagliabue, Art Modell, Kevin Greene, Steve Tasker, Aeneas Williams, Lester Hayes, Ray Guy, Chris Doleman

wow this class is going to be stacked. smith, rice and sharp are all at the top of there position stat wise and carter and brown are most likely in. this could be a class with 7 or 8 people.

*note: i live in canton and hate hall of fame season every year. it takes 20 minutes longer to get somewhere than it usually does and you have to put up with other team's morons getting drunk and hear about how great their certain player was. the worst will be when jerome bettis gets in. i won't want to be in a 50 mile radius of this place.

Here is the list of finalists to be elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in the next few weeks:

Tim Brown

Chris Carter

Don Coryell

Roger Craig

Dermotti Dawson

Richard Dent

Russ Grimm

Charles Haley

Rickey Jackson

Cortez Kennedy

Dick LeBeau

Floyd Little

John Randle

Andre Reed

Jerry Rice

Shannon Sharpe

Emmit Smith

LeBeau and Little are Veterans Committee nominees and are practical shoe-ins for election. That leaves potentially only 5 possible positions to be filled from the rest of this group. With Rice and E. Smith also shoe-ins that leaves only 3 possible spots for everyone else. My choice for those 3 possible slots: Carter, Grimm, and Dent.

Also note, the following semifinalists did not make the cut: Paul Tagliabue, Art Modell, Kevin Greene, Steve Tasker, Aeneas Williams, Lester Hayes, Ray Guy, Chris Doleman

Wow, that's too bad about Modell. Sniff, sniff.

My Fave Five would be Rice, Emmit, Carter, Dent ... and, hate to say it: Shannon Sharpe

Randle, Reed, Brown, Haley and Dawson deserve to get in before too long.

Zombo

Guest CardDawg
Wow, that's too bad about Modell. Sniff, sniff.

My Fave Five would be Rice, Emmit, Carter, Dent ... and, hate to say it: Shannon Sharpe

Randle, Reed, Brown, Haley and Dawson deserve to get in before too long.

Zombo

Im surprised you didn't pick Ray Guy since you are so into special team guys. where are all the punt returners?

Im surprised you didn't pick Ray Guy since you are so into special team guys. where are all the punt returners?

Steve Tasker was a special teams tackler... he's on the list that didn't make the final list. That's all he really did too.

Now get off it CardDawg. Cribbs is the heart and the soul of the Browns. Without him, the Browns will not have that emotional leader they need.

Gee, Cardfag, you didn't tell me you wanted to trade Cribbs for Jerry Rice in his prime.

Zombo

--"hey we just won four straight and restored some of the fans' faith in the franchise ... now let's rip the heart and soul of the out in front of their eyes ... maybe we can get a starter!"

wow this class is going to be stacked. smith, rice and sharp are all at the top of there position stat wise and carter and brown are most likely in. this could be a class with 7 or 8 people.

*note: i live in canton and hate hall of fame season every year. it takes 20 minutes longer to get somewhere than it usually does and you have to put up with other team's morons getting drunk and hear about how great their certain player was. the worst will be when jerome bettis gets in. i won't want to be in a 50 mile radius of this place.

FYI, I understand the Maximum allowable for induction is 7, so there could not be 8 going in. (though certainly there are 8 viable candidates)

Russ Grim should get in this time..Was a mainstay of the Redskins wining 4 Superbowls. One of the best guards ever.

Jerry Rice..argueably the best ever WR. No brainer for HOF

Emmit Smith..NFL's all time rushing leader...No brainer for election

Russ Grim should get in this time..Was a mainstay of the Redskins wining 4 Superbowls. One of the best guards ever.

Jerry Rice..argueably the best ever WR. No brainer for HOF

Emmit Smith..NFL's all time rushing leader...No brainer for election

Yea, like I said, 4 of the 7 spots are locked up: Rice, Smith, Little, LeBeau.

And I agree with you on Grimm, but he has been a finalist 3-4 times and has not yet made the cut.

Guest CardDawg
Gee, Cardfag, you didn't tell me you wanted to trade Cribbs for Jerry Rice in his prime.

Queerbo

thats just it Queerbo, you never bothered to listen to offers. just like dawgpound mike you just bitch and moan about what the fans want not what is better for the team.

thats just it Queerbo, you never bothered to listen to offers. just like dawgpound mike you just bitch and moan about what the fans want not what is better for the team.

CardDawg, just like Dawgpound Mike must have been very impressive to Randy Lerner, you have astounded us with your "trade the heart and soul of the team" Camp.

Now I know how Randy felt when he looked across the table and thought "I can't believe I'm actually engaged in a conversation with this idiot".

Zombo

i can't see why chris carter has not gotten in yet. His numbers are staggering. I don't really care for the guy and think he's an awful commentator, but the numbers speak for themselves. Jerry Rice obviously getting in hurts his chances though.

Per Wikipedia

Carter finished No. 2 behind Jerry Rice in career receptions (1,101) and touchdowns (130) by a receiver. On December 28, 2008 Marvin Harrison of the Indianapolis Colts passed Carter to take the second place position in career receptions. He is one of only six players in NFL History with 1,000 or more receptions (1,101). He is the only player to record 120+ receptions in a season twice (1994 & 1995).

I mean, what in there makes him not HOF material? I'm necessarily lobbying for the guy just wondering what you guys think.

i can't see why chris carter has not gotten in yet. His numbers are staggering. I don't really care for the guy and think he's an awful commentator, but the numbers speak for themselves. Jerry Rice obviously getting in hurts his chances though.

Per Wikipedia

Carter finished No. 2 behind Jerry Rice in career receptions (1,101) and touchdowns (130) by a receiver. On December 28, 2008 Marvin Harrison of the Indianapolis Colts passed Carter to take the second place position in career receptions. He is one of only six players in NFL History with 1,000 or more receptions (1,101). He is the only player to record 120+ receptions in a season twice (1994 & 1995).

I mean, what in there makes him not HOF material? I'm necessarily lobbying for the guy just wondering what you guys think.

Well, you saw my post above. I believe CC should be in along with Rice, over the likes of Tim Brown, Andre Reed, Shannon Sharpe etc.

Per Wikipedia

Did Art Monk finally get in? I seem to remember he finally got pushed through a couple years ago. If my memory is not failing me, then Carter will definitely get in, as his numbers far outstrip Monk’s.

Did Art Monk finally get in? I seem to remember he finally got pushed through a couple years ago. If my memory is not failing me, then Carter will definitely get in, as his numbers far outstrip Monk’s.

Monk was elected 2 years ago, Feb. 2008. Here is his page from the HOF website:

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.aspx?PlayerId=248

Archived