THE BROWNS BOARD

Braylon in court

DAWGPOUND16

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- New York Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards is in Cleveland for a court appearance while the team practices in preparation for its AFC divisional playoff game against San Diego Chargers.

Edwards was at a Cleveland court Tuesday after pleading not guilty in November to a misdemeanor assault charge after he was accused of punching a man outside a downtown nightclub.

The former Browns receiver was traded to the Jets two days after he was accused of punching a friend of NBA star LeBron James on Oct. 5.

Edwards is expected to return to the Jets' facility later Tuesday, participate in team meetings and receive the game plan for the matchup at San Diego on Sunday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/200...tory?id=4819097

If Braylon got hurt, he would DROP the charges.

Braylon plead No Contest to Aggravated Disorderly Conduct. He received a $1000.00 fine and probation.

As a jurist, I believe this is a fair result. (a person of lesser means would have probably gotten a much lesser fine. The $1000.00 was the max assessable on this offense).

I am only surprised that they didn't get the disposition of this pushed back until after Edwards team was eliminated from the playoffs.

Perhaps this will now be a load off his mind....and allow him to concentrate better and not drop easy TD passes?

NAAH.

No doubt they could have had this pushed back, but in the end they knew this is where it was going, so in many ways it makes sense to get it over with so it isn't something sitting in the back of your mind.

As much as we knock Braylon Edwards he wasnt a bad person. He might not of lived up the hype being a top draft pick but i specifically remember him visiting a sick kid in the cleveland. He has contributed alot of $$$ and time in the local cleveland ares. So before you go slamming him just remember he has did more good that hasnt been reported than he did bad!!!!!!!!

As much as we knock Braylon Edwards he wasnt a bad person. He might not of lived up the hype being a top draft pick but i specifically remember him visiting a sick kid in the cleveland. He has contributed alot of $$$ and time in the local cleveland ares. So before you go slamming him just remember he has did more good that hasnt been reported than he did bad!!!!!!!!

Just a bad receiver.

you guys still jealous he made the playoffs once he left the Browns?

maybe some day the Browns will make the playoffs but Braylon is in and playing this weekend.

too bad for you.

the Jets would have had a better record without Braylon than with, Sanchez started performing much worse after the Braylon trade and that's not a coincidence, Cotchery didn't have as much of a presence after performing well.

Braylon hasn't done much at all this year, he leads the NFL in drops still, and only has 680 yards and 4 TD, with the Jets he has 541 yards and 4 TD.

now go cry about the Steelers and how they're not gonna do ANYTHING next year.

maybe some day the Browns will make the playoffs but Braylon is in and playing this weekend.

too bad for you.

Awww isnt that cute. The boy who was caught crying right along with his favorite team when the Browns ruined any hope they had for the playoffs is still here, on the internet, trying to hurt our feelings because he's pissed off.

he may get suspended for the playoff game. best news ever if you're a jets fan. they have a much better chance of winning now.

Why would he be suspended from the playoff game, unless it is a Jets deal?

I can't imagine the league suspending him for something like that.

OK, he got pushy, shovey with some dude...it's not like I or some of you have never punched some doofus in the face.

I am all for discipline, but we have to be real here.

too bad for you.

Typical clueless Steeler fan. Did you see him drop that TD pass that was right in his numbers Sunday? We watched him do that for 3 years here. That is why there is no love for him. Because he was a high paid high pick who failed at the most crucial moments. And perhaps you have no clue about all the bragadaccio the guy would spew about his capabilities. And then he goes and commits criminal behavior. Just what about him are we supposed to like? Hell, we sent him off to the Jets specifically so he could get a fresh start and maybe prove himself in a new atmosphere. There is no jealousy. That was the plan. He should kiss the Browns feet for putting him on a contending team.

Again, I ask, are you really this clueless?

i still like Braylon, and Braylon HAS contributed A LOT to the Jets, just like he contributed a lot to Cleveland and the Browns.

fans who only champion stats miss out on a lot of the game imo.

just because Sanchez was fixated upon him when he first arrived in NY doesn't mean it was all on Braylon. a rookie QB locked in on him and defenses exploited it>>big whoop. since then he's drawn countless double coverages, freeing up other receivers (like he did for MoMass *cough cough*) and he's been instrumental in blocking for the Jets running game. he's a physical player and was arguably underutilized in that role in CLE for whatever reason.

Braylon Edwards dropped balls any NFL receiver could catch, but he also made plenty of grabs only a handful of receivers are even capable of making. unfortunately the latter always gets overshadowed, probably because of his off the field antics. at times it seems he is his own worst enemy.

although he dropped a lot of passes here in many eyes, he made A TON of critical grabs at crucial moments as well. our offense often converted off of one down and BE was that guy a lot. in retrospect, he may have dropped a lot of balls that may have extended a lead or could have made the game easier but on 3rd and long i'd contend the guy made as many if not more clutch plays than he ever dropped. without the pressure of being the entire offense, as simply "a piece of the puzzle" of a solid team, i feel he will truly flourish and become what he always knew he could be...an all pro.

Archived