THE BROWNS BOARD

Kiffin to USC

Pumpkin Eater

there is no doubt in my mind that lane kiffin is the biggest a-hole on the planet. i used to think that pete carroll held that title but kiffin goes way beyond anything carroll did. kiffin goes into tennessee, rips the best coach in college football, accuses him of recruiting violations, commits minor violations himself (because he learned first hand from the best), goes 7-6 in his first season, and to top it all off, leaves after one season. this guy has no reason to be as cocky as he is considering he hasn't proven himself for even a second and i really hope he gets nailed out in u$c. honestly, how stupid do you have to be to go to a school that is about to get crushed by recruiting violations? i hope kiffin and u$c get what is coming to them. hopefully, it's the death penalty of not being allowed to be aired on tv or go to bowl games for 5 years.

what is it about the SEC and weasel coaches?

Some just realize it takes a special breed to be a SEC coach.

No area of the country follows it's college football like the south.

Lame is a west coast kind of guy....you know, quiche and $75 haircuts.

Yeah it looks absolutely horrible...I don't think he's worth it either.

But if you're in his position and get handed one of college football's dream jobs ( plus where you get to haul your entire staff in) ..do you not take the keys the maserati and hope you don't crash?

I'm pretty sure I would.

What has the guy ever won? I think USC made a big mistake.

USC needs a babysitter to get them through upcoming NCAA probe regarding Bush, et.al. he ain't no real coach.. Looks like he is a high school junior...i predict he might last a year or two

ain't that the truth broham...the stinkiest, nastiest weasel coaches in fayetteville in charge of the razorbacks...i'd punch this shit bird in the ear if i ever came across him

Face it, the crappiest job in the SEC, which Arkansas might be is better than the best job in many other places.

By SEC campus standards, Arkansas is a pretty rinky dink place.

Houston Nutt made a huge upgrade when he moved from Hog country to Ole Miss.

Most people around the country might not know it, but Oxford, Mississippi is about as nice a place as one could wish to be...it's like a town out of a Tennessee Williams play....it's gorgeous.

When you think old southern charm, think Oxford.

is that why the fans stand the entire game???

I have no idea.....maybe more a student thing.

I have held Gator season tickets for 30+ years....people in my section aren't standing the whole game, but again, it is the student side that stands the most. On the alumni side, we have learned what seats are for.

I have no idea.....maybe more a student thing.

I have held Gator season tickets for 30+ years....people in my section aren't standing the whole game, but again, it is the student side that stands the most. On the alumni side, we have learned what seats are for.

Tell me about "The Biggest Cocktail Party in the World" pappy Gator fan. How was it started?

Tell me about "The Biggest Cocktail Party in the World" pappy Gator fan. How was it started?

Not sure how it started. We have been playing Georgia since the teens and playing in Jacksonville since the mid 30's to the best of my recollection....no, I don't go back that far.

It just started on the docks not far from the Gator Bowl.....good weather, good football, nice location...maybe the first real tailgaters.

A lot of booze is consumed by the alum from both sides...thus the worlds largest cocktail party, though it isn't sanctioned as such anymore.....not politically correct anymore.

what is it about the SEC and weasel coaches?

My ONLY question in all this is WHY ON EARTH ISN'T USC ON PROBATION YET?

That's the biggest joke of all. I've been watching the NCAA pick and CHOOSE their favorite programs to target for punishment for decades. Back in the day, Nebraska's Tom Osborne used to shake all the right hands, grease all the right fannies and say all the right things. Underneathe it all his hand selected players were sexually assaulting women on and off campus, fighting at nightclubs, getting arrested for being intoxicated in public, and beating up students on campus. HOWEVER, there was a Jed Clampett type with a bullseye on his back acting as Head Coach at the University of Oklahoma with an outspoken Brian Bosworth that the NCAA could make their example of and did.

I think Bobby Bowden had a lot of similarites to Tom Osborne in how he diverted attention away from what was really going on. That said, some 20 years after the fact - he's lost wins nobody knows about especially the opponents that were certain they got their butts kicked. "Hey Joe, remember the day Florida State beat us 45-0 back in 1990? We won man. High 5!" Because they never got penalized scholarship volumes - that didn't prevent Florida State from spanking that same team just as brutally the next season.

The Reggie Bush nonsense was almost 5 years ago and now McKnight has come and gone so the NCAA mysteriously decides to put the USC basketball program on probation. The color of MONEY is doing some really shadey things here. So much for the purity of it all.

Aside from all that, guys like Pete Carroll, Jimmy Johnson and even John Calipari get REWARDED for cheating all this time with enormous contracts elsewhere. Seriously, what kind of message does this send to future generations?

One might not think this is relevant but you're just not going to have Kiffen thinking USC is his dream job if they remove all the scholarships, bowl opportunites and other things enticing kids thinking NFL. This all adds up to UT getting really screwed. I think the Memphis State Basketball fans got just as screwed over as John Calipari is being rewarded with happily ever after in Kentucky as we speak. Nothing wrong with CATCHING cheaters if you punish the RIGHT people; and you don't just pick and choose whom you want to punish. I think the win-win outcome that needs to happen in all this is for the USC football program to get the probation everyone in America is waiting for. It's funny how quickly they move to nail other programs.

- Tom F.

Archived