THE BROWNS BOARD

Where was Belle?

Solon16

Dqwell just too small, AD is too big...he made three plays and got swollowed up on 15, Leon Williams experiment-over,ORR is just a guy,Peek...does he even play for this team? McGinest tries hard but just looks awkward,Hall seems like he flashes when in the game...Wimbley is by far our best...what does that say??? I say he is our best LB by far.

Rey 09"

Dqwell just too small, AD is too big...he made three plays and got swollowed up on 15, Leon Williams experiment-over,ORR is just a guy,Peek...does he even play for this team? McGinest tries hard but just looks awkward,Hall seems like he flashes when in the game...Wimbley is by far our best...what does that say??? I say he is our best LB by far.

Rey 09"

Peek went on IR during the summer I think. The others definitely suck huge , although D'Qwell made a few plays didn't he?

leon williams can die. if you're a linebacker and can't tackle, you should just kill yourself. the guys just aren't that talented.

if bell isn't getting on the field, the coaches think he's worse than what we've got out there. i don't trust them all the time, but he's got to be pretty bad if he's not playing over the idiots who are.

Where is Bell is a good question. We need people that can catch the ball and make tackles. This idea that people are not ready is a self-fulfilling prophecy if they never get on the field.

Why is it that our coaching staff seems to believe that every young player is a project? (Minus our CBs, but we have no other options there.) We act like we want to start red-shirting draft picks.

Good example: Harrison. Why did we wait so long? Sure he bulked up during that time but we have treated him like a leper as far as getting him on the field.

And Bell, are we really expected to believe that you cannot field this player and assign him the task of a simple run blitz? I understand it takes time to adjust to the complexity of NFL offenses but seriously, tell him to blitz a gap that Rogers blows in the O-line and see what happens.

While I am on the topic, where is Rucker? Did his hands fall off (continued leper theme)? Can he not execute an out pattern and then look for the ball?

How can these players be 100% NOT READY? It is impossible that they cannot contribute SOMETHING.

because otherwise, we need a serious ILB like Rey M.

You take that no matter how good the other guys pan out. Guys like him come along every 6-7 years so you just do it and worry about where you are going to put someone else later on.

Jackson had 11 tackles and a great pass breakup. He played well... but he's supposed to be the quicker, smaller ILB who can cover.

I'm not with you on this one Shep.

We simply can't afford to not have two "thumpers" in their on run-biased downs. Jackson is making tackles but I watch him get flat out dominated by guards way to often when we're getting gashed up the middle. I love his athleticism (the pass break up was allstar) but he struggles shedding blocks and flat out gets in poor positions that allow the lineman to get all over him.

We are choking with a lack of playmakers in our front seven. We have one and he's our nosetackle.

Jackson had 11 tackles and a great pass breakup. He played well... but he's supposed to be the quicker, smaller ILB who can cover. Bell was drafted to be the big thumper. I really hope we get to take a look at him soon, because otherwise, we need a serious ILB like Rey M.

It's really weird that we can't get to the quarterback with young, athletic guys like Wimbley and Hall coming off the edges. I don't get it.

McDonald had a terrific game. Our pass defense was very good.

Don't get your fascination with Jackson. He is Rudd all over again. Lots of tackles five yards downfield even though we have an absolute beast of a NT in front of him. He seems to have very good instincts, but is just physically overmatched and cannot shed to save his life.

He is better than Davis, though, so I think we should focus our improvement efforts elsewhere.

As for your implied question regarding why Wimbley cannot get to the QB, the answer is simple. He just isn't that good. How many years has he been around and he still only has the speed and duck under move? Ancient McGinnest makes more plays per game than Wimbley in half the snaps.

Or D-line is pretty good and our backers still cannot make plays (nevermind tackle). Can we talk about upgrading them now, or are we still under the Calfox misconception that lineman are some magic panacea?

I'm not with you on this one Shep.

We simply can't afford to not have two "thumpers" in their on run-biased downs. Jackson is making tackles but I watch him get flat out dominated by guards way to often when we're getting gashed up the middle. I love his athleticism (the pass break up was allstar) but he struggles shedding blocks and flat out gets in poor positions that allow the lineman to get all over him.

We are choking with a lack of playmakers in our front seven. We have one and he's our nosetackle.

Well, shoot, I guess I should type faster next time. You and I? Simpatico man.

Where is Bell is a good question. We need people that can catch the ball and make tackles. This idea that people are not ready is a self-fulfilling prophecy if they never get on the field.

Why is it that our coaching staff seems to believe that every young player is a project? (Minus our CBs, but we have no other options there.) We act like we want to start red-shirting draft picks.

Good example: Harrison. Why did we wait so long? Sure he bulked up during that time but we have treated him like a leper as far as getting him on the field.

And Bell, are we really expected to believe that you cannot field this player and assign him the task of a simple run blitz? I understand it takes time to adjust to the complexity of NFL offenses but seriously, tell him to blitz a gap that Rogers blows in the O-line and see what happens.

While I am on the topic, where is Rucker? Did his hands fall off (continued leper theme)? Can he not execute an out pattern and then look for the ball?

How can these players be 100% NOT READY? It is impossible that they cannot contribute SOMETHING.

another question....we see blitzes up the middle against Quinn worked very well yet we haven't seen the Browns blitz like that at all...we have Rogers with three lineman trying hard as hell to block him and we throw no blitzes behind him?????I was screaming for them to blitz up the middle for the last three games....letting flacco , cutler and now edwards off the freakin hook....That's where Jackson should excell yet we put his sorry ass in coverage....pathetic scheme...Tucker must Go!!!

Jackson broke up the pass because Edwards was still busy crapping his pants and afraid to let it go. He threw that way late.

Our backers play way too deep and let backs in front of them make catches. Wouldn't be so bad if they could make the tackle, but they never do.

Jackson broke up the pass because Edwards was still busy crapping his pants and afraid to let it go. He threw that way late.

Our backers play way too deep and let backs in front of them make catches. Wouldn't be so bad if they could make the tackle, but they never do.

Wimbley had a good game...the rest.....waste of skin. Disgusting LB play....scrap em'

Jackson had 11 tackles and a great pass breakup. He played well... but he's supposed to be the quicker, smaller ILB who can cover. Bell was drafted to be the big thumper. I really hope we get to take a look at him soon, because otherwise, we need a serious ILB like Rey M.

It's really weird that we can't get to the quarterback with young, athletic guys like Wimbley and Hall coming off the edges. I don't get it.

McDonald had a terrific game. Our pass defense was very good.

Sorry shep....our fking LB's suck shvetty balls

I was screaming for them to blitz up the middle for the last three games....letting flacco , cutler and now edwards off the freakin hook....That's where Jackson should excell yet we put his sorry ass in coverage....pathetic scheme...Tucker must Go!!! I should go back to the redskins and Jags games too........the last five games with rogers eating three guys up....blitz up the gut!!! Just really bad scheme in my opinion. I want bell to play in the worst way...(HEY ROMEO)give him a freakin shot and start Harrison while your at it.

leon williams can die. if you're a linebacker and can't tackle, you should just kill yourself. the guys just aren't that talented.

if bell isn't getting on the field, the coaches think he's worse than what we've got out there. i don't trust them all the time, but he's got to be pretty bad if he's not playing over the idiots who are.

ummmmm......... history has shown..................Crennel doesn't play talented rookie's ....or more maddening, talented 2~3 THIRD YEAR GUYS THAT FKING PRODUCE WHEN CALLED UPON!!! RELEASE Jamal....start Jerome then cut wright in the end.

Brandon Jacobs 09"

Archived