THE BROWNS BOARD

Who should the Browns draft?

LCDawgFan13

Browns draft  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Of the following favorites among mock drafts, who do you like?

• Rolando McClain - LB - Alabama
    • Dez Bryant - WR - Oklahoma State
    • Joe Haden - CB - Florida
    • Jimmy Clausen - QB - Notre Dame

I was bored on my lunch break today. So I went through 75 different mocks for the upcoming draft. There were a total of 17 different players listed as the Browns' 1st round pick among those 75 mocks.

Players picked once were (Player/position/school):

Anthony Davis/OT/Rutgers

Arrelious Benn/WR/Illinois

Greg Hardy/DE/Mississippi

Trent Williams/OT/Oklahoma

Terrance Cody/DT/Alabama

Twice picked were:

Derrick Morgan/DE/Georgia Tech.

CJ Spiller/RB/Clemson

Carlos Dunlap/DE/Florida

Eric Berry/S/Tenn.

Bruce Campbell/OT/Maryland

Three picks:

Sam Bradford/QB/Oklahoma

Gerald McCoy/DT/Oklahoma

Ndamukong Suh/DT/Nebraska

Then there were our four poll choices...the most chosen for the Browns first round pick among those 75 different mock drafts:

Jimmy Clausen was picked 4 times.

Dez Bryant was chosen 8 times.

Rolando McClain had 13 people choosing him.

And the player chosen as most likely to be picked by the Browns in the first round was Joe Haden, being chosen by 26 of the mocks.

I think the mocks have a decent idea of what this team needs and of who will likely be available when we pick. I like the idea of lining up Haden and Wright as our corners. We would have two quality CB's in there for the first time in awhile. What do you guys think?

1st of all, how long is your lunch break?

I'm shocked that even one person said we should pick Benn. He's not even the best receiver in the draft. That same guy must have had Bryant going the Lions or something (we all know how much they love them receivers).

I like the thought of drafting Haden. Revis has shown the immense value that a shut down corner can have. McClain would also be a good choice, but I think our secondary is in worse shape than our linebacking corp.

1st of all, how long is your lunch break?

I'm shocked that even one person said we should pick Benn. He's not even the best receiver in the draft. That same guy must have had Bryant going the Lions or something (we all know how much they love them receivers).

I like the thought of drafting Haden. Revis has shown the immense value that a shut down corner can have. McClain would also be a good choice, but I think our secondary is in worse shape than our linebacking corp.

So I ran over my lunch. Slow day at the office.

I was kinda shocked at Benn too. I wasn't really expecting to see Campbell there either. I saw one mock that had us taking Trent Williams in the 2nd. I thought that was more likely than taking him in the 1st.

So I ran over my lunch. Slow day at the office.

I was kinda shocked at Benn too. I wasn't really expecting to see Campbell there either. I saw one mock that had us taking Trent Williams in the 2nd. I thought that was more likely than taking him in the 1st.

I would not take any of em..........right now my pick is Bradford subject to change........NO NEED TO DRAFT ND QB"S who never won anything..........we already did that and it got us ,................a dink and dumper

I would not take any of em..........right now my pick is Bradford subject to change........NO NEED TO DRAFT ND QB"S who never won anything..........we already did that and it got us ,................a dink and dumper

Rich, if Bradford didn't have injury issues, I'd say go ahead. That's not the case. IMHO, there's not a qb in this draft worth the #7 pick. I'd rather let qb guru Holmgren try and pull a QB rabbit out of his hat in the third round.

How did the Ravens beat the Patriots? How did the Jets beat the Bengals & Chargers- I'll clue you in- it sure wasn't because of great quarterbacking. :)

I'll grant you we definitely need someone better than DA, and probably need someone better than Quinn- I'm just not sure "that guy" is here in this draft. This is shaping to be the weakest qb class in quite a few years. There's something to be said about the Steelers & Ravens approach to the problem- draft the qb last.

Based on Ballpeen's scouting, value, and need- I'm firmly in Camp Hayden at the moment. McDonald tackles about as well as your fave Percy Elsworthless- but Wright would be a dynamite #2 guy. BTW, a lot of the Bengals defensive success this year can be attributed to the two fine CBs they picked up- Hall & Joseph. I'd hazard a guess if Holmgren gives Mangini the chance to make a "wish list" defensive guys are going to be at the top of it. I'd say there's a chance a guy like Revis might improve our pass D a tad, no?

I don't know how much i would base things on my scouting....lol....but thanks.

I just watch the Jets and how Revis takes away half the field on teams.

I don't know if Hayden is that good, but he isn't far off.

Having a corner who can take away a teams #1 receiver and render him moot does a whole lot for a defense. It tells you where you need to look next.

If revis takes away wayne as an example, the next step for the Jets is to concentrate on Clark...if they do that, they win the game on Sunday.

Hayden in a Browns uniform would be huge boost to our defense.

Archived