THE BROWNS BOARD

Dick Schafrath

IschY

This isn't an informative post just a pretty cool story.

Last night around 6:00 p.m I am helping a customer at the AT&T store I work at in Mansfield when a tall older man walks over to me. I begin helping this man and his wife out with their questions (the wife has tons of questions). I pull their account up and the gentlemen I am helping name is Richard Schafrath. After fixing their problem and repeatadily looking the man over I noticed a national championship ring on his finger. I finally just asked if he was Dick Shafrath and he said yes. He then began to tell me stories about "Jimmy" brown and his years with the bucks and the browns. He then gave me his autograph and wrote a note personally thanking me for helping his wife out with all of her iPhone questions. It was really cool to meet him and see to see how much smaller he is then what the players are today. He also commented on all the bumps, bruises, and pains he still has from his days in football. His wife then commented about how he should be in the Hall of Fame right next to Jim Brown for all the cleat marks he has on the back side of his body from Jim. They were great people and with me only being 25 it was really cool to meet a legend to tell me about how football used to be.

..Wow. How often might that ever happen to a Browns fan?

..you bum, you could have gotten all of us an autograph, too. GGG

Yes could I please have you sign 400 sheets of paper so I can hand these out to my brownsboard friends hahah!!

..Wow. How often might that ever happen to a Browns fan?

..you bum, you could have gotten all of us an autograph, too. GGG

I had lunch with MDP a few times

Yes could I please have you sign 400 sheets of paper so I can hand these out to my brownsboard friends hahah!!

It would be nice if we could, occasionally, get a Browns legend to drop by the board for a little chat.

Awesome story dude...you did give him the browns board address...right? Hehehe im j/k im sure you were to excited and awed to think about it! ;)

Wow I didn't even think about it. Also, by the way his wife navigated the iPhone it might be hard to explain how to chat on the browns board. He and his wife are going to come in frequently for awhile (they live 10 minutes from the store i work at) until she learns how to use her phone so I definitely will give them the address and see if they might be interested in a chat. That would be sweet!!

Archived