THE BROWNS BOARD

ProBowl

Spunkonmyback DPOY

Vince Young is going to the Pro Bowl as the #3 qb behind Matt Schuab.(He will move to #2 if Colts beat the Jets)

These are now apparently considered Pro Bowl caliber stats:

Tds: 10

Ints: 7

Comp. %: 58

Passer rating: 82 (his career best)

Passing yards: 1,879 (27th in league) - (156.6 yards a game)

Yards/attempt: 7.3

His career passing rating is 72.3. That ties him at 124th all-time with Bubby Brister.

EDIT: Chad MostlyStinco shouldn't be in the Pro Bowl this year either. Holmes, Vincent Jackson, and Ward should have made it, in that order, over Chad.

Also, Schuab probably should have made the probowl over both Brady and Ben in the first place.

Also, Woodley should also have been the the pro Bowl over rookie Brian Cushing. Atleast there is a bit of an excuse with Harrison already being there.

This years AFC Pro Bowl qbs are Schuab, Young and Garrard......

Matt Schuab is the only qb who desrves to be there. (I think he should have been the #3 qb behind Manning and Rivers in the first place)

The AFC should just not send any qbs this year and run WildDawg all game.

Vince Young is going to the Pro Bowl as the #3 qb behind Matt Schuab.(He will move to #2 if Colts beat the Jets)

His career passing rating is 72.3. That ties him at 124th all-time with Bubby Brister.

I know, it's already nucking futs. How did he get in?

The only reason I get POed at the Pro Bowl is stuff like this- not at the concept- it's the guys begging off because of phantom injuries. Brady- hey Steeler fan, what kind of owie is Ben suffering from, bruised ego? You can bet the farm if it was the SB on the line they both would be plenty healthy enough to play. I did a little searching and came up empty on this- did Dan Marino ever play in a Pro Bowl? Not sure, but I doubt it- one of the reasons I have no respect for the guy.

The fact he did all that in about half a season?

I agree. Young did a great job once he was reinserted as the starting QB.

Fischer doesn't make many coaching mistakes, but he did by keeping Young benched as long as he did. Young should have been back in at least 2, maybe 3 games sooner.

The only reason I get POed at the Pro Bowl is stuff like this- not at the concept- it's the guys begging off because of phantom injuries. Brady- hey Steeler fan, what kind of owie is Ben suffering from, bruised ego? You can bet the farm if it was the SB on the line they both would be plenty healthy enough to play. I did a little searching and came up empty on this- did Dan Marino ever play in a Pro Bowl? Not sure, but I doubt it- one of the reasons I have no respect for the guy.

He had Joey Porter fall on his outstretched arm during a fumble recovery attempt. His arm was limp the rest of the game. You can't fault the guy for wanting to heal up his throwing arm rather than aggravate the injury further to play in a game that less than a third of the fan base watches in which he'd probably play a meangingless couple of drives. And you're right, if it were the superbowl they'd be trying hard to play through less severe injuries, but you can't possibly compre the pro bowl to the superbowl. The NFL knows its a shitty game, otherwise they wouldn't be trying to up the numbers by having it in the off week before the superbowl, w/o the superbowl players. It's certainly not to build hype for the super bowl, because last years was the highest rated yet.

The Pro Bowl is no different than the other "all-star" games. They should pick the teams but just not play the game.

I agree.

Baseball is the only sport that can conduct a all-star game that is actually close to the way the game is played day in and day out.

Keep playing baseball but dump the others.

His arm was limp the rest of the game. You can't fault the guy for wanting to heal up his throwing arm rather than aggravate the injury further to play in a game that less than a third of the fan base watches in which he'd probably play a meangingless couple of drives.

That is the biggest bunch of bullshit I ever saw.... he walked around like he needed his arm amputated but then proceeded to throw two perfect passes on the money? Then after he was walking around like it was falling off again???

BS

I agree.

Baseball is the only sport that can conduct a all-star game that is actually close to the way the game is played day in and day out.

Keep playing baseball but dump the others.

My problem with the all-star game has come up lately where now it counts for home field in the world series which is lame. If the game "counts" why do the truly great players (Jeter, Arod, Puljos, etc) only play a couple innings? It's an exhibition game..forget this nonsense that it counts. The NBA all star game lately has been fun to watch again lately as well but I wouldn't be heartbroken if they dumped it.

My problem with the all-star game has come up lately where now it counts for home field in the world series which is lame. If the game "counts" why do the truly great players (Jeter, Arod, Puljos, etc) only play a couple innings? It's an exhibition game..forget this nonsense that it counts. The NBA all star game lately has been fun to watch again lately as well but I wouldn't be heartbroken if they dumped it.

Actually, I like the game counts for something. I understand about pulling guys, but it is a all-star game....it isn't going to be perfect, but it does give incentive to play competitively.

NBA....sure, same has the hockey all-star game, fun to watch, but when in the reg season you you see NBA games up in the 140's for the winner or a hockey match with 15 goals conbined in the game?

They just go through the motions in those sports all-star games. D isn't a part of the plan.

At least with baseball everybody is pretty much doing what they do the week before or the week after the game.....even if for 3 innings each rather than 9 for position players and 1-2 innings each for pitchers..

This is true however, silverbacks point is valid....the pro bowl has lost whatever credibility it ever had and that wasn't much.

Look at Polamalu's stats in the 4 games he played. Had he kept those stats up in the 12 games he didn't play he was the easy choice to become an all-pro and would have gotten DPOY conisderation. Especially when you take into account how he makes his tackles, sacks and interceptions. He unique playing style can't be accurately measured by stats; you actually have to watch him play to truly understand how good he is. I don't see Troy getting Pro Bowl talk becuase what could have happened and that's rightfully so. Whether or not it was a big mistake, Young spent a good portion of the season as a back up to Collins. This whole thing is just another reason for me to vote for the Colts to lose against the Jets today. I can't imagine who will be chosen as another Pro Bowl qb if Manning can't go.

Come to think of it, the NFC is going to have to pick another qb too becuase either Brees or Favre will be in the Super Bowl. I don't know who the alternate is, but atleast Romo and Warner are both viable options. If those two decline Alex Smith will probably end up getting it......

This is true however, silverbacks point is valid....the pro bowl has lost whatever credibility it ever had and that wasn't much.

Like you alluded to....it never did have any.

I've always said look at the All Pro Team over any of the Pro Bowl crap, because then you have guys like DA and Young being called Pro Bowl QB's the rest of their career.

The All Pro Team is simply the best players at their positions league wide. It's voted on by the media but they usually get it pretty right. Joe Thomas was the third tackle selected in just the AFC for the Pro Bowl but had the most votes for the All Pro Team. What that means is he is considered the best tackle in football.

The Pro Bowl is what it is, I still like it enough to no lose it, but by know means put all your stock into the players selected. For one thing, they select the team with two games left on the schedule which is moronic. Another thing is lots of the player votes go to buddies or not to guys they don't like. They will also vote for only guys they have played against.

The real problem with the Pro Bowl is the NFL is a very violent game played at a high intensity level. At the PB, some guys play hard and some don't. Franchise QB's that encompass a third of a team's payroll at times are not looking to get hurt in a game where some go hard and some don't. They have rules trying to protect guys but there is always the chance a big contract guy can get a bad injury.

I still love seeing those orange helmets in that game though.

I have to agree with one thing...it is pretty cool seeing the orange helmets in the pro bowl. It's the only reason why I watched it 2 years ago was to see all the orange helmets on the field on offense.

Can't wait to see Josh return kicks next week!!!

It is really time to abandon the game and just name an all pro team for a ceremony. The game means nothing, the players don't want to play, and when middling QBs are the starters instead of the superstars what kind of motivation do the fans have for watching?

Dan Marino

Marino preparing for an ESPN interview.

No. 13

Quarterback

Personal information

Date of birth: September 15, 1961 (1961-09-15) (age 48)

Place of birth: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

High School: Central Catholic High School

Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m) Weight: 228 lb (103 kg)

Career information

College: Pittsburgh

NFL Draft: 1983 / Round: 1 / Pick: 27

Debuted in 1983 for the Miami Dolphins

Last played in 1999 for the Miami Dolphins

Career history

As player:

Miami Dolphins (1983-1999)

Career highlights and awards

9× Pro Bowl selection (1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1991, 1992, 1994, 1995)

3× First-team All-Pro selection (1984, 1985, 1986)

5× Second-team All-Pro selection (1983, 1988, 1992, 1994, 1995)

National College QB of the year runner up (1981)

NFL MVP (1984)

PFWA MVP (1984)

NEA MVP (1984)

NFL Offensive Player of the Year (1984)

UPI AFL-AFC Player of the Year (1984)

UPI AFL-AFC Player of the Year (1994)

Walter Payton Man of the Year (1998)

NFL Comeback Player of the Year (1994)

Miami Dolphins #13 Retired

Holds 31 Miami Dolphins records

Holds Numerous NFL records

Career