THE BROWNS BOARD

Saints VS. Vikings

Mark O

I'm rooting for the Vikings. don't like the illegal cheapshots on Favre, and the kr. That is not football, it's

pittsburg scum cheapshotting.

GO VIKINGS !

Way to lose the game brett favre. Now were gonna have another offseason of whether he's gonna play again...

I'd be more pissed at the playcall.

Yeah, it's 3rd and 15 but just run the ball and try the FG. Unless I am totally wrong, the Vikings were close to or in FG range at the time of the INT. Terrible call.

Edit: Just saw it would have been a 51 yard field goal, but still my point is either way you'll go into OT so why not take the chance and maybe hit the FG to end it?

I'd be more pissed at the playcall.

Yeah, it's 3rd and 15 but just run the ball and try the FG. Unless I am totally wrong, the Vikings were close to or in FG range at the time of the INT. Terrible call.

I dont think they made the wrong playcall. They had just lost 5 yards on that dumb penalty and the saints were stoppin their run defense. A pass was the right thing to try. But since all the guys were covered, Favre shouldve ran it since he was atleast 5 yards from the furthest saints defender. But he decided he was gonna try and make a play and ending up committing a cardinal sin in football "Never throw the ball across your body" I do think the saints got some lucky breaks, like on the pass int call, but in the end, it was Favre that literally threw away the game

I dont think they made the wrong playcall. They had just lost 5 yards on that dumb penalty and the saints were stoppin their run defense. A pass was the right thing to try. But since all the guys were covered, Favre shouldve ran it since he was atleast 5 yards from the furthest saints defender. But he decided he was gonna try and make a play and ending up committing a cardinal sin in football "Never throw the ball across your body" I do think the saints got some lucky breaks, like on the pass int call, but in the end, it was Favre that literally threw away the game

I agree. I put in an edit of my original post.

True Favre threw a bad pass, I was at work so I didn't see the game in its entirety, but you can't pin it all on Favre. They had 6 fumbles that I know of, I didn't see if they had any INTs before the one Favre threw.

It would've been a 56 yard field goal before that play. Favre could've gained enough to have a FG try though if he had run it.

He's going to announce that he's retired...and then in 4 months we're going to hear that he's thinking about coming back and then he'll make a "comeback" in August.

I have to say...I'm watching Favre on NFL network right now and am very impressed with how he's handling the questions. No excuses being given at all. He admitted that he was late throwing the ball to Rice on the int and that he probably should've just ran it to get the yards back from the penalty.

I still hope he retires and have really grown tired of the drama and attention that he's brought to himself over the last 2 offseasons, but also very very impressed with how he played this season and how he kept getting up after getting the crap kicked out of him in this game.

Yeah and the second cardinal sin of quarterbacking is never throw the ball late over the middle. Other than that the Vikes got totally jobbed on the PI call in OT. Unless that Saints wr was one of the Na'vi from Avatar, there was no way in hell that ball was catchable, interference or not.

& Cal the only "Cheap shot" on Farve in the game IMHO was on that end around, and even then the guy hit him high, and Bret WAS standing in the way.

I just hope the Drama Queen makes up his mind soon. Certainly still has the talent to play at a very high level. But hells bells- other than SB wins, Bret's got every damn QB record worth mentioning to his name.

Vikings turned the ball over 5 times and the Saints still only won by a field goal in overtime.

Go Colts, I guess, though I find it very hard to root for either team.

Cheap shots on Favre is accurate.

The refs must have been pissed the Squeelers were out and decided to elect a new playoff team for their 'favortism officiating'. They GAVE that game to N.O.in the 3rd and 4th - especially the 4th, even though the undisciplined Saints were penalized for near 100 yards total in 1,2 and 3 qtrs. What Super Bowl team lacks that much discipline ?

Vikings - stupid move getting a penalty for too many men in their last possession of the 2009 season. That is dumb football for a game so big. .. and what exactly was Favre thinking on a pass over the middle with 18 seconds left in the game prior to the snap ? Were they going to get back and set up for a FG after that ? Of all QB's in the NFL today (yesterday, anyway) who should've known better to chase a sideline receiver instead of the middle.

Wanted the Vikes to win, but really could'nt care less. Watching the game, the Vikes deserved the outcome. They outplayed N.O., but turnovers and stupid decisions dealt them their deserved ending.

As for the Sainst and cheap shot carp on Favre, I hope Indy kicks the living sh** out of them.

I liked Sean Peyton until last night. No discipline and cheap crap on the opponents QB. Drew Breeze is not even a close match to Peyton Manning.

the funniest things about the favre situation is that he was specifically brought in to NOT DO THROW A PICK IN THE LAST MINUTE. i don't feel bad for him because he should know better. i don't feel bad for the vikings because everyone knows that this is what favre does. he tries to force plays that aren't there. this is what happens when you bring a guy like that in. don't feel bad for vikings. they got what they deserved.

I don't like either team.

But I didn't want Favre to lose due to physical injury.

They coughed up the ball and lost fair and square.

I hope the Colts massacre the Saints, but since I don't care it'll be a better SB party at my house..

WSS

What time should we be there ???

Another team off the list of teams having never played in a Super Bowl.

Yep, not just the Jags and Texans (founded within the last 20 years) and the good old Lions and Browns.

I don't like either team.

But I didn't want Favre to lose due to physical injury.

They coughed up the ball and lost fair and square.

I hope the Colts massacre the Saints, but since I don't care it'll be a better SB party at my house..

WSS

I prefer if the Saints win. I have no love lost for the Colts. Irsays = Modell.

& Cal the only "Cheap shot" on Farve in the game IMHO was on that end around, and even then the guy hit him high, and Bret WAS standing in the way. Mr. Hoorta

I didn't think so. The refs called a few late hits, but the big one, outside of that end around, which was cheap and uncalled for,

was the hit at the back of Favre's knees. And it wasn't even called. It reeked to me of Steeler play. And sure enough, they are going to

the superbowl. You'd think Kimo Von Cheapshotten went to the Saints.....

But, I can't believe the vikings fumbled so much, and Favre threw that last interception. Maybe he should play one more year for the

Browns. Well, no, check that, we already have a goofball interception thrower in DA.

I thought early on when he was slammed 'helmt into chest' after a throw was the initial sign they were to take Favre out of the game. That is most definitely Squeeler type crap. The hit at knees and high was so obvious and one reason why I thought the refs started leaning N.O. side in the second half.

There was another when he took a helmet to the ribs, that was the one he lay on the field for late in the game. Granted hits on QB's happen, especially from guys THAT big at full steam headed toward the QB, but sure seemd they could have avoided a few hits too. Just looked entirely too staged to me to dismiss as as 'consequential damage'.

I wish Minn had hit Breeze that way a few times, although REALLY did'nt make as much a factor in the game for N.O. as Favre did for Minn.

Favre could be a great mentor for a newbie on a team in need ... like the Browns and BQ.

But, would he mentor or only want to play ? ... and CAN he teach the enthusiasm and expereince he's gained ? Alot can't do that.

Most ole dogs finish off teaching their stuff to some kid before they go. He's not been in that role yet.

Archived