THE BROWNS BOARD

Will Favre Come Back ?

BrownIndian

It seems like his coming back was justified. HE had his best season. And just when the Vikings were a field goal away from winning the NFC championship, FAvre became DA and threw the deadly interception that sent the game into overtime and out of the playoffs ! Anyone thinks after the way he lost this game he will be back ?

He had a damn good season, They fumbled way to much this game. He had the one bad throw for the int, but today he didnt lose the game, his whole team did. He got his ass kicked pretty much every throw, to be 40 and be able to keep getting back up and playing, that is the Brett i will remember tonight, not the int. I think by the way his wife kept covering her face, she will be trying to talk him our of it, the man needs to be able to walk the rest of his life.

It seems like his coming back was justified. HE had his best season. And just when the Vikings were a field goal away from winning the NFC championship, FAvre became DA and threw the deadly interception that sent the game into overtime and out of the playoffs ! Anyone thinks after the way he lost this game he will be back ?

I don't care anymore what Bret does- spare us the soap opera! Yeah, the Vikes got jobbed on the PI call- it was uncatchable, and the guy really didn't get interfered with. Oh, Farve sure proved he still has "it", but does he want to wind up like YA Tittle? You young 'uns may not remember, but I do.

tittle.jpg

One of the more famous "agony of defeat" pic in the history of sports.

He had a great season. I don't care if he comes back or not. He has become a very good reason to hate the NFL's offseason. All the talk moves to him. Why are we even discussing him now? The Super Bowl looms with 2 very good and deserving teams, and we're already talking about Brett Favre's pending retirement/unretirement debacle. I can't believe I even let myself into this conversation.

He had a damn good season, They fumbled way to much this game. He had the one bad throw for the int, but today he didnt lose the game, his whole team did. He got his ass kicked pretty much every throw, to be 40 and be able to keep getting back up and playing, that is the Brett i will remember tonight, not the int. I think by the way his wife kept covering her face, she will be trying to talk him our of it, the man needs to be able to walk the rest of his life.

Believe you are right. His wife looked pretty rough most of the game. He looks like crap even in pregame interviews. I'd think his health is much more a factor now than pride anymore. He got his ass kicked over and over in the game. Looked defeated most of the 4th, no jumping around or yelling, etc. Time for another good AND FINAL cry on ESPN and walk away. Leaving now would hold alot more pride and credibility than leaving the Jets after their debacle of a season a year ago. Great time to call it a career and be remembered as a guy that loved the game and played his best even at age 40.

P.S. If he keeps doing blue jean commercials, eventually they're going to put a super model in there with him anyway, would'nt they ???

Will the vikings let him skip training camp (or most of it) if he doesn't retire? He probably wants to play but also wants to show up before the season starts

After he had one of the best years of his career - he may want to come back. This time he should tell everyone up front he's coming back but he doesn't need all the mini-camps and training camps because of the 20 years of experience in that offense Childress snagged from Andy Reid (who snagged it from Mike Holmgren). The only thing I see standing in the way is the punsihment his body took this time around. When you're over 40, you don't recuperate as quickly from all that either.

It was too bad that offense played so carelessly with the football and Childress kept enabling it. When Peterson put the ball on the ground a 3rd time - shame on him for thinking Chester Taylor's fresh legs was a bad alternative. Peterson fumbled it away twice but had 2 others he recovered. Even Favre had some decsions he'd like to have over and some less than quality mechanics you can't get away with vrs the better competition.

Now here's a question for anyone doubting Colt McCoy's arm strength off of various opportunities to do so - does Brett Favre have a WEAK arm or did he throw a rare weak pass when pressure chasing him out of the pocket caused him to throw across his body? That ball floated across the field so it was an easy INT. In one of our QB discussions last week, I reminded folks that even elite QBs in the playoffs have had to resort to less than the best mechanics which can make an arm look weak or out of the norm. We KNOW Favre doesn't have a weak arm unless he's forced into weak mechanics or a weak decision from a good pass rush. There was another easy INT somebody dropped on him earlier in the 4th quarter as well.

- Tom F.

Archived