THE BROWNS BOARD

Eric Wright live video chat last night

CribbsWalker

Late last night around midnight... Eric Wright opened up a live video chat to the fans ala his twitter post. (ochocinco does this all the time)

Pretty cool for the fans to be able to see him face to face and ask him questions while he answers them live. It was also cool because it was so late [and im not sure THAT many people follow him]... there were only about 35 people online (probably 25 not trying to plug their t-shirt company and give links to cheap shoelaces and uggs) so most people on had their questions answered live and directly. I myself had him directly respond to about four random questions.

He definitely isn't dumb, he avoided and ignored anything in the chat having to do with Cribbs' dilemma, the QB situation or other topics management wouldnt want ousted.

Some notable things he said:

1) Rob Ryan is the man. Wright is very close with other D players like DQJackson, Elam and Barton, he said they all really respect him and would be crushed if he didnt return to lead the defense. Speaks volumes for Ryan but really we all knew he was doing a great job already.

2) Mangini is also the man. After avoiding a lot of questions regarding Mangenius, he finally came out and said "hey look guys, we respect Mangini and you can bet that his system works and will continue to improve this team".

3) Joe Haden is the real deal. Back when wright was at USC he already had others telling him to "watch out for this kid named Haden". He doesn't really watch college ball but he's payed attention to Joe... both he and other corners he knows around the league KNOW that Haden is going to be a true stud in the highest level.

4) MoMass is going to be the real deal. EW says he has the talent, skill and work ethic to be a true dominant receiver in the game. Taking the word of a corner that covers him during practice and scrimmage is probably a good indication. Of course, when he refuses to say a word about either BQ or DA its probably a good indication that might be what's holding him back from a Sidney Rice type breakout eventually.

i'm not surprised to hear him say all those browns guys are good. he gets paid by the browns and would be fined if he said anything negative about anyone associated with the team. the only thing that interests me is what he said about haden. i would love to see this guy in orange and brown and he should be there at 7.

True but at the same time, this was not a former interview and he wasn't forced to answer questions about them like at a press conference. He skimmed through lines of questions and decided which ones he would have an opinion on. He skipped over a ton of questions on topics such as both quarterbacks, josh cribbs, mike holmgren (for some reason) and the draft (other than haden).

You could really tell each of those topics listed above caught his attention and he was very quick to express his high-praise for each of them when given the opportunity.

Thanks for the info man. It is going to be nice to be able to get such a promising corner in Haden. I think McDonald will be a great nickle, and he should have been from the start, but he was pretty much thrust into it after Holley was injured. This is Eric Wrights year man, if we can get a constant pass rush, he will pick 8 balls this year.

i think B-Mac will make a dope nickleback too...and i'm opening up to Haden @ #7.

hmmmm, a USC sophomore who doesn't follow College ball hearing rumblings about some high school phenom...i dunno, probably happens a lot...but i'll take EW's endorsement anyway.

Archived