THE BROWNS BOARD

St. Tim Can't Walk on Water at the Senior Bowl

hoorta

he's got an opportunity to do some good things in the NFL, but not as a starting QB IMO. The only thing i think is foolish is to say he could line up as a RB or FB or something. Just calling it right now, i bet he gets drafted by Jacksonville if available partly just to sell tickets.

yeah, can't wait to see he and his mom do the pro-life commercial during the super bowl. what a freakin' dolt. if he's so flippin' righteous why isn't he down in haiti doing something? you know why? cuz he's just like everyone else.........in it for the money. die you freak!

He looks good with a Mullet. Put it in a pony tail and he's freaking Steven Seagal.

Zombo

Dear god that's funny. It crazy that after his Legendary time in College, he really has no proven spot to play in the NFL. My guess is tight end, no pun intended.

All of these comments are typical attacks on successful, talented and good human beings in sports. People love to attack Tebow, just like the Mannings, Kurt Warner and his wife and others who care about something other than money and a trashy life-style.

No, Tebow isn't going to be Peyton or Brady, but he has shown to be a winner and my money says he will be successful regardless of position. Even if he isn't, he was just the best college football player ever. What's wrong with that? And by the way, you have no idea what he has or hasn't done for Haiti, but what he has done is inspire many good people to be better people. Of course not cynical, miserable and sarcastic people like yourself. God knows you are only happy when you are criticising. You certainly don't have the talent, or never the GUTS, to be and do and accomplish what Tebow has.

If Tebow played for "your team", you'd be &*#$!%$ him %!& if you could. He's probably turned down more tramps already than you've dreamed of getting.

And as far as the commercial, He is living proof of what awesome things can be done if a woman chooses life and cares for her child rather than killing it for convenience sake. She HAD a medical reason to abort and chose to give her child life, and look what great things he's done.

MOBILE, Ala. -- Quarterback Tim Tebow showed progress on his second day of Senior Bowl practices even though he might have been "a little under the weather."

South team coach Tony Sparano of the Miami Dolphins says the former Florida star was a little more comfortable and got the ball out of his hand quicker on Tuesday. Sparano says that improvement shows how smart Tebow is and how quickly he processes information.

Senior Bowl spokesman Kevin McDermond said Tebow "might be a little under the weather," but added that he doesn't have strep throat as had been reported. Tebow hasn't missed any practice time Monday or Tuesday.

Tebow is trying to show NFL teams that he can be a pro quarterback during the week of practices, interviews and meetings leading up to Saturday's game.

MOBILE, Ala. -- Quarterback Tim Tebow showed progress on his second day of Senior Bowl practices even though he might have been "a little under the weather."

South team coach Tony Sparano of the Miami Dolphins says the former Florida star was a little more comfortable and got the ball out of his hand quicker on Tuesday. Sparano says that improvement shows how smart Tebow is and how quickly he processes information.

Senior Bowl spokesman Kevin McDermond said Tebow "might be a little under the weather," but added that he doesn't have strep throat as had been reported. Tebow hasn't missed any practice time Monday or Tuesday.

Tebow is trying to show NFL teams that he can be a pro quarterback during the week of practices, interviews and meetings leading up to Saturday's game.

Hey, it was all in good natured fun- I really think TT is a terrific person. I seriously question whether he'll amount to much as an NFL qb.

Let's just say the reports have Tim as a project- with a capital P. And call me oblivious. It just dawned on me Tebow is left-handed- the Browns happen to have the best LT in the game in Joe Thomas, so TT will be playing for some other NFL team come fall. It will be interesting to see what round he gets drafted in.

call me slow, but can you clarify the LT left- handed connection for me?

The LT is usually the blindside tackle, that is, the tackle that covers the backside of the quarterback when he drops back into the pocket. This spot is reserved for the best lineman on a team, and has the highest value of all positions on the line in a passing offense. Joe Thomas is arguably the best left tackle in the league right now, and drafting a left handed QB would render Thomas quite useless. Of course, he always could be moved to right tackle, but he's played left tackle since college and asking him to switch could severly limit his effectiveness. If we were to draft Tebow, that would put all the pressure on our right tackle position as being the blindside tackle. Lord knows I don't want to see John St. Clair as our premiere blindside tackle.

With that said, I think Tebow's handedness wouldn't be a problem if, in fact, we really had an interest in him. If Tebow were the greatest quarterback in the draft this year, I think teams would look over his being lefthanded. It's much easier to get a passable blindside tackle than it is to find a quarterback that can win on Sundays. But he's not the greatest QB, or at least he's not projected as having the greatest impact. So that's where the handedness issue comes into play. He'd be a pretty good fit for a team with a decent LT, but a better RT.

yeah, can't wait to see he and his mom do the pro-life commercial during the super bowl. what a freakin' dolt. if he's so flippin' righteous why isn't he down in haiti doing something? you know why? cuz he's just like everyone else.........in it for the money. die you freak!

Are you 11 or just a social reject??

I don't dislike Tebow so much as I just find he and his "convictions" annoying. You play football Timmy, I want to hear your beliefs on abortion about as much as I want to hear Tom Cruise's opinions on psychiatry. Keep it to those silly bible verses you put on your face. Speaking of, here is one I don't think we'll ever see him sport:

Malachi 2:3

“Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces…” (KJV)

...you read it right, God is going to spread shit on you and your kid's face.

Are you 11 or just a social reject??

hey, it's my opinion. i've read plenty of yours and haven't felt the need to comment. two rules at a bar: don't talk politics or religion. same thing on superbowl sunday. i don't want to see or hear it. on subject though, the best vid of tebow is him crying like a baby on the sidelines when bama whipped up on them. oh and ballpeen: nice avatar. what is that a pic of your gay uncle thurston? you're kiddin' me, right?

hey, it's my opinion. i've read plenty of yours and haven't felt the need to comment. two rules at a bar: don't talk politics or religion. same thing on superbowl sunday. i don't want to see or hear it. on subject though, the best vid of tebow is him crying like a baby on the sidelines when bama whipped up on them. oh and ballpeen: nice avatar. what is that a pic of your gay uncle thurston? you're kiddin' me, right?

You go way past the point of opinion dude when you start calling for people to die.

You don't like the guy.....fine, I'm cool with that, but when you start calling for people to die, and just make stuff up telling him to volunteer when he has volunteered months of his life, when you probably haven't taken a 20 year old TV down to Goodwill makes me throw the BS flag.

Try to have a legit conversation, not just show up to talk smack and throw BS around.

And that is my opinion.

yeah lets get a little up in the air over a bit of a joke... its 2010.... calling for somebody to die on a forum isn't real suprise.

I think Tebow can be a NFL QB... the guy knows how to win and has a unique driver for success....... but I think being in a pro-life campaign is bradyquinnish gay.

yeah lets get a little up in the air over a bit of a joke... its 2010.... calling for somebody to die on a forum isn't real suprise.

I think Tebow can be a NFL QB... the guy knows how to win and has a unique driver for success....... but I think being in a pro-life campaign is bradyquinnish gay.

I thought the picture was very funny....and Tebow probably would too. But attacking him solely because his beliefs is juvenile. What's "gay" is having a problem with someone who actually cares about things that matter....like LIFE!!!! It was pretty nice that Your Mother didn't abort you, huh!?!

Actually, I understand it is actually a "Pro-choice" commercial in that I understand that he and his mother are going to come on and she is going to say " I was considering having an abortion, but I chose not to have one, and the result was that my son Tim Tebow was born. Please, all of you out there, make the choice I made by having your child, not aborting it"

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that the classic "pro-choice" position?

Wouldn't the "opposite" position be that someone else would have dictated to her that she "MUST" have the child, i.e. that she would have had no choice but to bear little Timmy.

At least, that is my understanding of the sides in that debate. (A debate that overall bores me)

Just curious.

Actually, I understand it is actually a "Pro-choice" commercial in that I understand that he and his mother are going to come on and she is going to say " I was considering having an abortion, but I chose not to have one, and the result was that my son Tim Tebow was born. Please, all of you out there, make the choice I made by having your child, not aborting it"

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that the classic "pro-choice" position?

Wouldn't the "opposite" position be that someone else would have dictated to her that she "MUST" have the child, i.e. that she would have had no choice but to bear little Timmy.

At least, that is my understanding of the sides in that debate. (A debate that overall bores me)

Just curious

Ehh...

I guess if you want to look at it like that, then yes, it supports being able to make a choice. But I believe the network is very hypocritical, as I couldn't see them putting a chick on a commercial that said, "Hey, I chose to have 42 abortions! I mean, the fetii didn't amount to anything but a bloody mess, but what the hell, it's better than being a fat bitch in a Pittsburgh trailer park! If I did not have the abortions, I'd just be helping to drain our crippled economy through welfare, it totally outweighs the price for the coat hangers."

Well, that'd be a bit extreme, but do you see my point? I highly doubt they would put someone on the air that says, ok, keep your kid if you want, or you can save him and yourself for, at the very least, a shitty 20 years or so.

Ehh...

I guess if you want to look at it like that, then yes, it supports being able to make a choice. But I believe the network is very hypocritical, as I couldn't see them putting a chick on a commercial that said, "Hey, I chose to have 42 abortions! I mean, the fetii didn't amount to anything but a bloody mess, but what the hell, it's better than being a fat bitch in a Pittsburgh trailer park! If I did not have the abortions, I'd just be helping to drain our crippled economy through welfare, it totally outweighs the price for the coat hangers."

Well, that'd be a bit extreme, but do you see my point? I highly doubt they would put someone on the air that says, ok, keep your kid if you want, or you can save him and yourself for, at the very least, a shitty 20 years or so.

Well, I think you are right, they probably would not put on a commercial that was that crass. But they may likely put on a commercial that essentially supports a woman's right to make the choice to abort....if that commercial were done tastefully....and if the "pro-choice" group ponied up the 2.2 million that this other group is ponying up.

I understand that this ad is NO PSA. These folks are paying the going rate for this ad. It the other side wants to write a check, so be it. The Supreme Court has just ruled essentially that it is no holds barred on political spending.....for individuals, corporations (profit or non-profit) or political advocacy groups. All I can say is that it apparently will become a good day for the advertizers, because lots of cash will be coming their way from all sources with this new ruling. The sidelight of it will be that TV will now become unwatchable around election time with this influx of ad money. Election times in this country will become a good time to turn the tube off....or at least switch it to the DVD setting...or to read a book. (The same will be true of radio)

Archived