THE BROWNS BOARD

And now it's the FAB 4 (SUPERBOWL WHIFFS)

gmp

SO, scratch the Saints off the Superbowl WHiff list..and that now leaves the FAB Four,

Cleveland,

Houston,

Jacksonville,

Detroit,

It certainly appears that Houston is way ahead of this pack with Jacksonville 2nd and Cleveland and Detroit neck and neck for last in the league...

Will any of these remaining (4) get there anytime soon...within the next decade perhaps...

Houston within 5 years..

Jacksonville within 10 years

Detroit and Cleveland...over 10 years...

gettin lonely at the bottom... :blink:

If we are going to talk Fab Four, lets talk the real deal.

The Fab's last live performance for you young guys....and make no mistake, the most important rock band ever, even 40 year later.

If we are going to talk Fab Four, lets talk the real deal.

The Fab's last live performance for you young guys....and make no mistake, the most important rock band ever, even 40 year later.

And a figure I saw recently: The #1 best album selling act in the decade of the 2000s?: Eminem. Who was #2?: The Beatles!!

Well, here is the deal: Would we trade the history and tradition of the Browns for one hit wonders like the Saints/Seahawks/Panthers/Falcons/etc. etc.?

The Browns have won 8 championships. They have appeared (and yes, lost) 10 other NFL championship games or AFC/NFC conference championship games. (for Steeler fans that adds up to a total of 18) Plus, the Cleveland area has 5 other pre-Browns NFL championships.

So, okay, it has been a long time since the last one. No one has caught up with our 13 titles. Thus, Karma has said we must wait a while. So, we wait.

Well, here is the deal: Would we trade the history and tradition of the Browns for one hit wonders like the Saints/Seahawks/Panthers/Falcons/etc. etc.?

The Browns have won 8 championships. They have appeared (and yes, lost) 10 other NFL championship games or AFC/NFC conference championship games. (for Steeler fans that adds up to a total of 18) Plus, the Cleveland area has 5 other pre-Browns NFL championships.

So, okay, it has been a long time since the last one. No one has caught up with our 13 titles. Thus, Karma has said we must wait a while. So, we wait.

ALthough I hear your point...nobody, and I mean nobody ever even thinks about the Pre-Superbowl era Chamionships...it's all about Superbowl Wins...It's hard to argue that point with anyone when all the footage of those games are in black and white......yes, as hard as it is...it's time to move on from those days of yester-year and put them into the time capsule......most people on this board were not even born when that happend...so I do think most people would rather have a Superbowl win and cash in all those ma and pa kettle ere titles... <_<

Actaully the Browns have won four....see here

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php...st&p=154530

The Browns have won 4 NFL titles, 4 AAFC titles. And we have 5 other NFL titles by other Cleveland area teams (Akron and Canton being in the Cleveland area....and I live in the Akron/Canton area, and rest assured we ARE part of the Cleveland area.). Those are the facts. They are not revisable to fit anyone's delusion or propaganda. Certain things are undeniable: The sun rises in the east and sets in the west, and we have 13 Pro Football championships.

You want to live under a different delusion, find another planet.

ALthough I hear your point...nobody, and I mean nobody ever even thinks about the Pre-Superbowl era Chamionships...it's all about Superbowl Wins...It's hard to argue that point with anyone when all the footage of those games are in black and white......yes, as hard as it is...it's time to move on from those days of yester-year and put them into the time capsule......most people on this board were not even born when that happend...so I do think most people would rather have a Superbowl win and cash in all those ma and pa kettle ere titles... <_<

Well, that is where you are doubledumbass wrong. The fact that we are here discussing them shows that.

The fact is, except for the last and the next championship, they are all history. Superball Bowl or not. The NY Giants title in 2007 is of no more significance now than the 1920 title won by the Akron Pros. They are all history, and trying to segment them out is simply disingenuous.

hey the same year that the earth is suppose to come to an end i guess us making it will just shock the world lol and thats why it comes to an end

Well if we are to believe the Mayans, the world will end in December 2012. It wouldn't surpirse me to see the Browns on an undefeated season up to that date. It would be kind of fitting actually. Maybe they could be staring down a Cleveland/Detroit superbowl matchup? who knows.

Well, that is where you are doubledumbass wrong. The fact that we are here discussing them shows that.

The fact is, except for the last and the next championship, they are all history. Superball Bowl or not. The NY Giants title in 2007 is of no more significance now than the 1920 title won by the Akron Pros. They are all history, and trying to segment them out is simply disingenuous.

AND 40 YEARS FROM NOW...if a Giant fan brings that up they would look just as ridiculous as and Browns fans who still lives in the past.....The league has changed so much with the talent level, expansion, etc...

let it be...and move on....nice job by those guys fittie years ago...but really....it's now 2010...and still not a whiff of a Superbowl...and the simple fact remains...I don't see one for this team a good few more years.....an 8-8 years will be the standard for a while.....

AND 40 YEARS FROM NOW...if a Giant fan brings that up they would look just as ridiculous as and Browns fans who still lives in the past.....The league has changed so much with the talent level, expansion, etc...

let it be...and move on....nice job by those guys fittie years ago...but really....it's now 2010...and still not a whiff of a Superbowl...and the simple fact remains...I don't see one for this team a good few more years.....an 8-8 years will be the standard for a while.....

Try not to let your youthful ignorance shine quite as bright. Just because we may discuss the past, doesn't mean we live in the past. The fact is the past, present, and future all lie side by side as part of the Temporal Harmony:

Temporally bound concepts operate regularly yet opaquely in the management of new technologies. Emerging technologies are particularly caught in time and can be said to be in a process of becoming. Yet works concerned with innovation tend to leave time black-boxed as the future, the past and a now. What is missing is a recognition and confrontation of the diversity of temporal horizons and, more broadly, the constructions of time that are negotiated by heterogeneous actors within any technological frame.

Further, be mindful of the Temporal Paradox as well, lest you find yourself having to live in an era where transportation was dones by means of your feet:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temporal_paradox

And a figure I saw recently: The #1 best album selling act in the decade of the 2000s?: Eminem. Who was #2?: The Beatles!!

I saw it was Garth Brooks and the Beatles, but we agree......40 years later, the Beatles are germane to any rock/pop music discussion.

The Browns have won 4 NFL titles, 4 AAFC titles. And we have 5 other NFL titles by other Cleveland area teams (Akron and Canton being in the Cleveland area....and I live in the Akron/Canton area, and rest assured we ARE part of the Cleveland area.). Those are the facts. They are not revisable to fit anyone's delusion or propaganda. Certain things are undeniable: The sun rises in the east and sets in the west, and we have 13 Pro Football championships.

You want to live under a different delusion, find another planet.

Again you trot out those Cleveland-area teams. This pisses me off because they're not the Browns, and they're not in the spirit of the Browns. Considering that of the original league formed in the 20 only two teams exist in any incarnation, those being the Cardinals and Bears. Also considering the league formed at a freaking dealership in Canton seems to indicate a number of teams could be included in the greater "insert area name" area, and the league originally only included the Ohio league at first. You might as well credit the damn Colts with the titles of the Dayton Triangles while you're at it! And of course we know that every one of the Steelers' championships are the Eagles as well since the quickly aborted birth of the Steagles.

Again you trot out those Cleveland-area teams. This pisses me off because they're not the Browns, and they're not in the spirit of the Browns. Considering that of the original league formed in the 20 only two teams exist in any incarnation, those being the Cardinals and Bears. Also considering the league formed at a freaking dealership in Canton seems to indicate a number of teams could be included in the greater "insert area name" area, and the league originally only included the Ohio league at first. You might as well credit the damn Colts with the titles of the Dayton Triangles while you're at it! And of course we know that every one of the Steelers' championships are the Eagles as well since the quickly aborted birth of the Steagles.

I personally don't give a shit if you are pissed off. WTF difference does the laundry, or the name of the laundry mean? The important part of the Cleveland Browns is the part that says CLEVELAND, not "Browns". They were the Cleveland Bulldogs, and the Cleveland Rams, and the Akron Pros, and the Canton Bulldogs.

And Akron and Canton are just as much part of the Cleveland area as the Downtown area of Cleveland is. The fact that the team doesn't specifically play within the Cleveland City limits doesn't mean squadouche?

If that is the case then New York could not claim the Giants or Jets. Boston could not claim the Pats, Buffalo could not claim the Bills. Washington could not claim the Redskins. Miami could not claim the Dolphins, Green Bay could not claim the Packers. Kansas City could not claim the Chiefs, Dallas could not claim the Cowboys, Phoenix can not claim the Cardinals, etc. etc. I guess we could get around it and say the "Northeast Ohio Browns" like they do with the Minnesota Viking, Tennesse Titans, and Arizona Cardinals. Or maybe we could call them the "Midwest Browns", like they call them the New England Patriots.

I keep my compilation based on what titles were won in which cities/regions. Franchises can come and go, asshole owners can move their team. The loyalty is based on the greater communinty in which people are a part of. That is why the following facts are the relevent facts, and if you want to get pissed off about the following, you can do something about it by sticking your head in the toilet:

Pro Football Titles by Metro Region (including all current NFL areas and any in the past that may have won a title):

Atlanta.......-0- titles

Baltimore.... 4 titles (3 Colts, 1 Ravens)

Boston/NE....4 titles (3 Patriots, 1 Providence Steam Roller)

Buffalo........2 titles

Charlotte..... -0- titles

Chicago...... 11 titles (9 Bears, 2 Cardinals)

Cincinnati.... -0- titles

Cleveland.... 13 titles (8 Browns, 3 Bulldogs, 1 Rams, 1 Akron Pros)

Dallas......... 6 titles (5 Cowboys, 1 Texans)

Denver....... 2 titles

Detroit....... 4 titles

Green Bay... 12 titles

Houston..... 2 titles (Oilers)

Indianapolis 1 title

Jacksonville..-0- titles

Kansas City.. 1 title

Los Angeles 2 titles (1 Rams, 1 Raiders)

Miami........ 2 titles

Minneapolis/St. Paul... -0- titles

Nashville.... -0- titles

New Orleans... -0- titles

New York...... 8 titles (7 Giants, 1 Jets)

Philadelphia... 4 titles (3 Eagles, 1 Yellow Jackets)

Phoenix.......-0- titles

Pittsburgh.... 6 titles

St. Louis ..... 1 title (Rams)

San Diego.... 1 title

San Fran/Oak./SJ...7 titles (5 49ers, 2 Raiders)

Seattle..... -0- titles

Tampa/St. Pete....1 title

Washington D.C... 5 titles

Read it and weep

I personally don't give a shit if you are pissed off. WTF difference does the laundry, or the name of the laundry mean? The important part of the Cleveland Browns is the part that says CLEVELAND, not "Browns". They were the Cleveland Bulldogs, and the Cleveland Rams, and the Akron Pros, and the Canton Bulldogs.

And Akron and Canton are just as much part of the Cleveland area as the Downtown area of Cleveland is. The fact that the team doesn't specifically play within the Cleveland City limits doesn't mean squadouche?

If that is the case then New York could not claim the Giants or Jets. Boston could not claim the Pats, Buffalo could not claim the Bills. Washington could not claim the Redskins. Miami could not claim the Dolphins, Green Bay could not claim the Packers. Kansas City could not claim the Chiefs, Dallas could not claim the Cowboys, Phoenix can not claim the Cardinals, etc. etc. I guess we could get around it and say the "Northeast Ohio Browns" like they do with the Minnesota Viking, Tennesse Titans, and Arizona Cardinals. Or maybe we could call them the "Midwest Browns", like they call them the New England Patriots.

I keep my compilation based on what titles were won in which cities/regions. Franchises can come and go, asshole owners can move their team. The loyalty is based on the greater communinty in which people are a part of. That is why the following facts are the relevent facts, and if you want to get pissed off about the following, you can do something about it by sticking your head in the toilet:

Pro Football Titles by Metro Region (including all current NFL areas and any in the past that may have won a title):

Atlanta.......-0- titles

Baltimore.... 4 titles (3 Colts, 1 Ravens)

Boston/NE....4 titles (3 Patriots, 1 Providence Steam Roller)

Buffalo........2 titles

Charlotte..... -0- titles

Chicago...... 11 titles (9 Bears, 2 Cardinals)

Cincinnati.... -0- titles

Cleveland.... 13 titles (8 Browns, 3 Bulldogs, 1 Rams, 1 Akron Pros)

Dallas......... 6 titles (5 Cowboys, 1 Texans)

Denver....... 2 titles

Detroit....... 4 titles

Green Bay... 12 titles

Houston..... 2 titles (Oilers)

Indianapolis 1 title

Jacksonville..-0- titles

Kansas City.. 1 title

Los Angeles 2 titles (1 Rams, 1 Raiders)

Miami........ 2 titles

Minneapolis/St. Paul... -0- titles

Nashville.... -0- titles

New Orleans... -0- titles

New York...... 8 titles (7 Giants, 1 Jets)

Philadelphia... 4 titles (3 Eagles, 1 Yellow Jackets)

Phoenix.......-0- titles

Pittsburgh.... 6 titles

St. Louis ..... 1 title (Rams)

San Diego.... 1 title

San Fran/Oak./SJ...7 titles (5 49ers, 2 Raiders)

Seattle..... -0- titles

Tampa/St. Pete....1 title

Washington D.C... 5 titles

Read it and weep

No tickie...no laundry!!!

nicholson.jpg

Archived