THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade Cribbs for Troy Smith

Guest CardDawg

Troy Smith is an up-and-coming young QB, just compare his stats leading mighty tOSU against those of Crabbs at Kunt State and you'll see.

CardDawg has officially jumped the shark.

Zombo

--I think it is Inspecta...

Oh look, it's Mr. predictor from the AFC North.

That's right. the only guy that predicted 1) The Browns would beat the Steelers 2) The bungles would win the division 3) The Browns would not lose again when they were 1-11 AND 4) that the Steelers would miss the playoffs.

Meanwhile, Cardfag has predicted that Josh Cribbs would be swapped more times than Fat Jeff at a Hookers convention.

Zombo

Troy Smith is an up-and-coming young QB, just compare his stats leading mighty tOSU against those of Crabbs at Kunt State and you'll see.

Are you freaking kidding me? No offense man, but this might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Our best player for their 3rd stringer? You have ot to be kidding me. Smith has shown no evidence to support you statement that he is up and coming. His stats are against back ups. Sorry cardawg, but this would be the worst trade ever.

This is why I can't stand Ohio state fans. They think buckeyes are all great in the pros when in actuallity, they aren't worth much. Michael Jenkins, Bobby Carpenter, Troy Smith, Donte Whitner, Teddy Ginn, Vernon Gholston, and Anthony Gonzales have all been worthless. Aj Hawk is a borderline bust ( seriously, look at his stats. He's not that good) and Malcom Jenkins barely played this year. Yeah every once and while you have an Orlando Pace and Santonio Holmes but for the most part, Ohio State players don't amount to much in the pros.

"This is why I can't stand Ohio state fans. They think buckeyes are all great in the pros when in actuallity, they aren't worth much. Michael Jenkins, Bobby Carpenter, Troy Smith, Donte Whitner, Teddy Ginn, Vernon Gholston, and Anthony Gonzales have all been worthless. Aj Hawk is a borderline bust ( seriously, look at his stats. He's not that good) and Malcom Jenkins barely played this year. Yeah every once and while you have an Orlando Pace and Santonio Holmes but for the most part, Ohio State players don't amount to much in the pros."

Not sure where you can all those guys busts. The only two on that list that hasn't received significant starting are Gholston and Troy Smith. Well maybe Malcolm, but 4 starts as a rookie before getting injured is pretty good. Carpenter started late for the Cowboys and did one heck of a job. Donte was a big playmaker for the bills (not worthy of #8 pick though) Teddy is starting alongside an Ohio State alum Brian Hartline. Jenkins starts and has started for quite a few years. Gonzo started last year (technically since I consider colts start 3 wr) and would have started this year if not for injury. Don't forget Nick Mangold either. All that being said Troy has proven nothing and would be ludicrous to trade him for cribbs.

Are you freaking kidding me? No offense man, but this might be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Our best player for their 3rd stringer? You have ot to be kidding me. Smith has shown no evidence to support you statement that he is up and coming. His stats are against back ups. Sorry cardawg, but this would be the worst trade ever.

This is why I can't stand Ohio state fans. They think buckeyes are all great in the pros when in actuallity, they aren't worth much. Michael Jenkins, Bobby Carpenter, Troy Smith, Donte Whitner, Teddy Ginn, Vernon Gholston, and Anthony Gonzales have all been worthless. Aj Hawk is a borderline bust ( seriously, look at his stats. He's not that good) and Malcom Jenkins barely played this year. Yeah every once and while you have an Orlando Pace and Santonio Holmes but for the most part, Ohio State players don't amount to much in the pros.

I'd argue that Gonzales is doing just fine. He just got hurt at the beginning of this year, otherwise he's a stud. Every school has players that don't pan out.

Don't hate on us OSU fans dude.

Are you really gonna talk sh*t about Kent State? I will f*ck your sh*t up raw u asswipe.

Josh Cribbs, James Harrison, Abram Elam, Julian Edelman, Usama Young, Antonio Gates, and Daniel Muir.

I dont care if any of those players are good. Its a phenomenon to see that much success in the NFL come out of Kent State. I will stress this till the day I die.

Are you really gonna talk sh*t about Kent State? I will f*ck your sh*t up raw u asswipe.

Josh Cribbs, James Harrison, Abram Elam, Julian Edelman, Usama Young, Antonio Gates, and Daniel Muir.

I dont care if any of those players are good. Its a phenomenon to see that much success in the NFL come out of Kent State. I will stress this till the day I die.

I agree with TheClevelandSound 100%!

CardDawg did you say crabbs at kunt state? really? seriously?

This is what gives the fan base a bad reputation.

At least 4 players who came out of Kent State are good.

wow, really? malcolm jenkins is a rookie, gonzo was playing at an elite level before he got hurt. Ted Ginn hasn't preformed at an elite level i'll give you but he's still a solid return guy. Gholston will be traded and have a chance to redeem himself. Of course some people don't pan out, that's just life. There's a very good reason so many players from OSU get drafted in the first round, 68 to be exact. I'm sure those people are just complete idiots though right? What a joke you are

just a list of "all great" buckeyes. They didn't amount to much in the pros though right?

Lou Groza, Dante Lavelli, Jim Parker, Bill Willis, Cris Carter, Paul Warfield, Jim Marshall, Jim Houston, Jack Tatum, Randy Gradishar, Dick Schafrath, Jim Lachey, Tom Tupa, Chris Spielman, Robert Smith, Korey Stringer, Raymont Harris, and Eddie George

go ahead, say they were bad.

wow, really? malcolm jenkins is a rookie, gonzo was playing at an elite level before he got hurt. Ted Ginn hasn't preformed at an elite level i'll give you but he's still a solid return guy. Gholston will be traded and have a chance to redeem himself. Of course some people don't pan out, that's just life. There's a very good reason so many players from OSU get drafted in the first round, 68 to be exact. I'm sure those people are just complete idiots though right? What a joke you are

just a list of "all great" buckeyes. They didn't amount to much in the pros though right?

Lou Groza, Dante Lavelli, Jim Parker, Bill Willis, Cris Carter, Paul Warfield, Jim Marshall, Jim Houston, Jack Tatum, Randy Gradishar, Dick Schafrath, Jim Lachey, Tom Tupa, Chris Spielman, Robert Smith, Korey Stringer, Raymont Harris, and Eddie George

go ahead, say they were bad.

i was referring to the more recent buckeyes. of course you can go back and find great players, almost every every school can do that. i am talking about the guys from the most recent teams. gonzo was playing at an elite level? 2 plays? yeah he's a hall of famer... if he can ever get healthy.

perhaps it would have been more appropriate to say that ohio state players don't amount to much: from where they are taken in the draft. teams have out a lot of money into osu players who have not given them a return on their investment. osu shouldn't have as many top ten draft picks as they have and even you homers have to admit that.

oh yeah, i forgot about brian robiskie. i remember last year arguing with people on this board who said that robiskie would be a solid end of the first round pick. good call. he played in what, 30 plays this year? pretty dominant to me.

"This is why I can't stand Ohio state fans. They think buckeyes are all great in the pros when in actuallity, they aren't worth much. Michael Jenkins, Bobby Carpenter, Troy Smith, Donte Whitner, Teddy Ginn, Vernon Gholston, and Anthony Gonzales have all been worthless. Aj Hawk is a borderline bust ( seriously, look at his stats. He's not that good) and Malcom Jenkins barely played this year. Yeah every once and while you have an Orlando Pace and Santonio Holmes but for the most part, Ohio State players don't amount to much in the pros."

Not sure where you can all those guys busts. The only two on that list that hasn't received significant starting are Gholston and Troy Smith. Well maybe Malcolm, but 4 starts as a rookie before getting injured is pretty good. Carpenter started late for the Cowboys and did one heck of a job. Donte was a big playmaker for the bills (not worthy of #8 pick though) Teddy is starting alongside an Ohio State alum Brian Hartline. Jenkins starts and has started for quite a few years. Gonzo started last year (technically since I consider colts start 3 wr) and would have started this year if not for injury. Don't forget Nick Mangold either. All that being said Troy has proven nothing and would be ludicrous to trade him for cribbs.

carpenter did one heck of a job? are you on drugs? the guy was taken in the first round and not only is on the second string, but can't even cut it in special teams. he is horrible. ginn is not the starting receiver. he is the returner and slot receiver. jenkins starts, but drops everything that's thrown his way. he was another 1st round bust if memory serves me right. mangold is very good there is no arguing that point. however there is a reason why gholston isn't receiving consistant playing time. it's because he has 11 tackles in 2 years and NO sacks. he is a waste. have fun watching prior be inconsistent yet again this year. unfortunately for me, he won't even have the chance to be a bust in the nfl because nobody is going to take him until round 4 or 5... just like troy smith.

I agree with TheClevelandSound 100%!

CardDawg did you say crabbs at kunt state? really? seriously?

This is what gives the fan base a bad reputation.

At least 4 players who came out of Kent State are good.

At least 5 players are good:

Josh Cribbs- Best Special Teams Player in the NFL hands down and one of the best out of the WildDawg, Probowler.

Antonio Gates- Amazing basketball player in college, even better football player in the NFL, ranked among some of the best TE of all time, Probowler.

James Harrison- Super Bowl MVP, Elite Defensive Player, Veteran, Probowler.

Julian Edelman- Almost broke Cribb's QB records at Kent State, above average rookie season at wide reciever for New England, had stellar playoff performance.

Daniel Muir- Veteran Starting D-Lineman for the Colts, Started all 16 games this season for a superbowl team.

That leaves:

Abram Elam- Mediocre Safety for the Cleveland Browns, prime during run with Jets, excellent standout at Kent.

Usama Young- Decent backup safety to Darren Sharper, filled in nicely when needed, on Super Bowl team.

And this is all coming from a MAC school.

By the way, a decade ago, Kent State was the laughing stock of not only the MAC, but all of college football.

I'm an Akron guy but I still root for Kent also.

They were dreadful not too long ago but have a solid program now. The only issue I have with them is that Jack Lambert and Roid Monk both came from there and played or play for the Western PA Dbags.

Gates was a badass BB player and I loved that Elite Eight team.

Gates was a badass BB player and I loved that Elite Eight team.

I watched that whole season back in 2001-2002...and im not just talking hear but I have the same vibe with our team this year as I did eight years ago with that team that went so far in the tournament.

Just a thought to ponder on.

Guest CardDawg

oh dear god we struck a cord with a bunch of kunt state golden flashers ... brilliant.

anyhow, in the big leagues .... we need to get something for cribbs.

oh dear god we struck a cord with a bunch of kunt state golden flashers ... brilliant.

Are you oblivious to the fact that everyone disagrees with you? Do you not know that, unlike the movies, when everyone disagrees, it usually means your wrong.

Have a nice day.

Yeah we are going to get to see him score touch downs on our team. We need a taller QB than 6' ish. Yes Drew Brees can do it, but he is like the only one in the last 20 years to be great. I wouldn't mind giving Troy a shot, but now by getting rid of one our best skill players.

I really don't think the Ravens will give any team in the AFC North any of there players.

Another good trade would be Shaun Rogers

for Derrick Mason

Though I hate to mention it- the best of them all Jack Lambert.

Golden Flashes aside- we can get way better than Troy Smith for Cribbs. And put down the crack pipe- Cribbs is going nowhere- Holmgren is smart enough to know unloading Cribbs would be the worst PR nightmare for the Browns since BB cut Bernie Kosar.

Archived