THE BROWNS BOARD

Could Holmgren Get on Fans' Bad Side Already?

ClevelandFanForLife

Holmgren not sure he has a spot for Kosar

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 27, 2010 7:43 AM ET

Bernie Kosar, the former Cleveland Browns quarterback who joined the team as a consultant during the 2009 season, recently had his assets sold off. So he could probably use a job right now.

Browns President Mike Holmgren doesn't sound like he'll have a job for Kosar. In comments on local radio station WKNR, Holmgren made sure not to say anything that would insult the popular Kosar, but he also sounded like he doesn't have plans to give Kosar any substantive position within the front office.

"Bernie is always welcome here," Holmgren said. "He's important to the people of this city, and I get all that, and I love Bernie Kosar. If he's going to have an actual, official role with the team, I don't know. He always will have a role, though, as an unofficial member of the Cleveland Browns. So, that was kind of my message to him."

Holmgren said he talked to Kosar, adding, "I told him, let me get things situated and settled and then see what kind of a role if any he would have here."

That's a nice way of saying that if Kosar has any role at all, it'll be as a figurehead, not as an influential member of the front office.

How upset do you think people would get if Holmgren didn't give Bernie a spot? I want to see Bernie involved but I don't think that he deserves a high level spot. Bernie should be a consultant and I think it should stay like that? Would you guys feel upset, apathetic or accepting with whatever decision Holmgren makes?

Guest CardDawg

oh for crying out loud. I am so sick and tired of hearing browns fans cry bitch and moan over stupid ass shit. who the xxxx cares if bernie kosar is a part of things here or not? in fact, I'd wish him to join an afc north opponent and bog them down with drunken slur talk. the guy has a decent mind for the game but can anyone really take him serious? I would be embarrassed to have kosar on the staff of my pee-wee football team let alone clutter up the hallways in berea.

homgren ought to have just answered this question by stating, "no that dumb redneck has no place in our future growth". I would have been perfrectly fine with that answer.

oh for crying out loud. I am so sick and tired of hearing browns fans cry bitch and moan over stupid ass shit. who the xxxx cares if bernie kosar is a part of things here or not? in fact, I'd wish him to join an afc north opponent and bog them down with drunken slur talk. the guy has a decent mind for the game but can anyone really take him serious? I would be embarrassed to have kosar on the staff of my pee-wee football team let alone clutter up the hallways in berea.

homgren ought to have just answered this question by stating, "no that dumb redneck has no place in our future growth". I would have been perfrectly fine with that answer.

everyone hates you.

Do everyone a favor and swallow a knife. I mean that in the most literal way possible.

I don't recall anyone bitching about it? In fact, fans generally don't care if he's involved or not. His legacy is secure, he is beloved, and his career is over; we get that. Also, because the guy busted his arse to succeed in a very violent sport and is now dealing with the consequences of succeeding in that excellent career, its all of the sudden a joke? Here's a joke for ya....

What's uemployed, idiotic, cowerdly, and has a penchant for embarressing itself to the point of pity? Think about it.....think about it.....okay don't hurt yourself. The answer is CardDawg, the world's punchline.

Guest CardDawg
I don't recall anyone bitching about it? In fact, fans generally don't care if he's involved or not. His legacy is secure, he is beloved, and his career is over; we get that. Also, because the guy busted his arse to succeed in a very violent sport and is now dealing with the consequences of succeeding in that excellent career, its all of the sudden a joke? Here's a joke for ya....

What's uemployed, idiotic, cowerdly, and has a panchant for embarressing itself to the point of pity? Think about it.....think about it.....okay don't hurt yourself. The answer is CardDawg, the world's punchline.

That's just it nimrod, we don't need anymore charity cases here, we need to focus on football. to have holmgren even have to answer any question about a has-been like kosar is embarrassing and a set-back to the main goal.

so he got his bell rung and now talks like he has parkinsons, wtf does that have to do with the current browns and a new fan base?

just win and erase the past 40-years. there is no one from the past that we should be hanging onto.

That's just it nimrod, we don't need anymore charity cases here, we need to focus on football. to have holmgren even have to answer any question about a has-been like kosar is embarrassing and a set-back to the main goal.

so he got his bell rung and now talks like he has parkinsons, wtf does that have to do with the current browns and a new fan base?

just win and erase the past 40-years. there is no one from the past that we should be hanging onto.

He also probably had the highest football intelligence of any QB we've had. He did more with a lot less than any of our other great QB's. He was probably the least athletic of all, yet still had one of the most prolific careers as a Browns QB. Graham and Sipe could run circles around Kosar, yet he's still brought up in the conversation of great Cleveland QB's.

What does that mean? That means he obviously knows a lot about the game. And look at the QB's we have now. I think they could benefit from anything Bernie has to say. I think it would go a long way to have Bernie give advice to the QB's on our roster.

How upset do you think people would get if Holmgren didn't give Bernie a spot? I want to see Bernie involved but I don't think that he deserves a high level spot. Bernie should be a consultant and I think it should stay like that? Would you guys feel upset, apathetic or accepting with whatever decision Holmgren makes?

I don't think MH really cares what the fans think about this because winning is what is going to unite the fans.

maybe the fans who want to really help Bernie out should form a group and chip in $25 each. Not a large amount by any means.

If the call for Kosar is so strong, maybe they could find 200,000 people willing to make bernie a rich man again and hand him a check for 5 mil..

But then again, maybe it is just a few thousand who really care and only a few thousand would drop maybe $1 in the bucket.

Guest CardDawg
He also probably had the highest football intelligence of any QB we've had. He did more with a lot less than any of our other great QB's. He was probably the least athletic of all, yet still had one of the most prolific careers as a Browns QB. Graham and Sipe could run circles around Kosar, yet he's still brought up in the conversation of great Cleveland QB's.

What does that mean? That means he obviously knows a lot about the game. And look at the QB's we have now. I think they could benefit from anything Bernie has to say. I think it would go a long way to have Bernie give advice to the QB's on our roster.

dude seriously stfu. do you even watch the game played TODAY in this day in age? guys like drew brees and Peyton manning our players who are getting it done NOW and your still waiting for some magic touch from a dorky QB of yesterday to rub off on the a pair of the worst starters in todays game?

Please tell me we have the ability to move on from the 80's and actually compete sometime here in the modern era. this fan base is just wasted. drink a few more funnel beers and bark like you know what your talking about. this is pathetic.

dude seriously stfu. do you even watch the game played TODAY in this day in age? guys like drew brees and Peyton manning our players who are getting it done NOW and your still waiting for some magic touch from a dorky QB of yesterday to rub off on the a pair of the worst starters in todays game?

Please tell me we have the ability to move on from the 80's and actually compete sometime here in the modern era. this fan base is just wasted. drink a few more funnel beers and bark like you know what your talking about. this is pathetic.

While I don't like your attitude or approach, I can't say I disagree with you basic premise.

Dude, were you born this way? Or did you make a choice to be a an aborted abortion?

Worst Troll ever. At least the Steeler fans can be men and stand up for their team and let us know who they really root for. You're just a little kid fag with too much time on his hands. Grow up bitch.

Why is your silly ass against everything that is posted. We are here to talk all aspects of the browns and bangin cheerleaders pics. I do believe we are aloud to bitch and moan about what ever we want to. Don't respond if you don't like a post. To bad there wasn't a NO THANKS to select instead of you adding your nonsense, and complete negativity.

Archived