THE BROWNS BOARD

Cousins

darren15

See who is there at four. If Cousins hasn't been dealt and Manziel is gone (meaning that one or both of Watkins/Clowney is available), then this may be a way to go.

I'm not sold on Cousins as an answer at quarterback, but I DO believe he'd be solid insurance to platoon with Hoyer if it comes down to that.

any ideas on who to they bring in to replace him? cause him and mingo led our team in sacks right? You let Sheard go and we've got Kruger and Mingo as our outside pass rush. I'm not comfortable with that.

I really dont want Cousins, but I dont think Sheard's production would be hard to replace with more Mingo and having Groves back.

There is no damn way we should give a second round pick for Cousins. He was a 4th round pick that has done nothing to show he should bring higher value than a 4th round pick. Honestly I wouldn't want him in for a 4th. Other than a big game against us at our worst in 2012 and a good game against the Falcons last year he sucked. He has started 7 games and his stats are actually worse than those of Campbell AND EVEN WEEDEN!! If we want to use a 2nd to 4th on a "possible" starter or quality backup I say take someone with the unknown upside.

Most people who do want him base it solely on how he played against us in Cleveland two years ago. (please not I said MOST before flaming my nuts).

I say no thanks.

There is no damn way we should give a second round pick for Cousins. He was a 4th round pick that has done nothing to show he should bring higher value than a 4th round pick. Honestly I wouldn't want him in for a 4th. Other than a big game against us at our worst in 2012 and a good game against the Falcons last year he sucked. He has started 7 games and his stats are actually worse than those of Campbell AND EVEN WEEDEN!! If we want to use a 2nd to 4th on a "possible" starter or quality backup I say take someone with the unknown upside.

Most people who do want him base it solely on how he played against us in Cleveland two years ago. (please not I said MOST before flaming my nuts).

I say no thanks.

I agree there's no reason to like him other than the fact he beat us. But so has almost every other QB. Including Chad Henne who had the game winning TD against us.

I'd give a 5th rounder for him ;-) . I don't think the Browns are too interested since they have Hoyer and will likely draft a QB somewhere too.

Cousins has posted a 56.2 completion percentage, 51.5 QBR and 8:10 TD-to-INT ratio in eight career games. We are already trying to get rid of one of those lol

Weeden posted 52.8 completion percentage 70.3 QBR and a 9:9 TD to INT ratio

If you want Cousins we may as well keep Weeden. As far as the crap about the team giving up contributing to it for Cousins A) I think it is a load of crap defense and B) the same could be said of the Browns part way into the season

The only thing I see is since he is younger he can stay and suck longer.

I really dont want Cousins, but I dont think Sheard's production would be hard to replace with more Mingo and having Groves back.

If I had any faith in Kruger bringing his numbers up next year I might be on board with that. But after watching RT's stonewall Kruger 1v1 all season long...I don't think we can risk losing Sheard. And if we go to a 4-3 than there's no question we have to keep Sheard. In that case Mingo might be the odd man. At 240 he's a LB'er in a 4-3.

Didn't realize Cousins' numbers were that underwhelming. He passed an eyeball test with me, but those comparing him and Weeden seem to be on a smarter path.

I change my mind. He likely won't bring anything solid enough to provide what we need.

He shouldn't be compared to weeden since he's a better,younger prospect IMO and plays a different kind of game. He had a couple good fill in games last year, one of which was against Cleveland. Then stunk it up in his few end of season games this year.

He hasn't proven he can be a starting QB in the NFL yet, so there's no reason to trade for him like he is IMO which some people are talking about. He's definitely not worth anything above a 4th, where he was drafted IMO. Especially not when we have Hoyer, who is about on the same level as far as unknown-ness and played nearly the same game in college as cousins.

bbedward and I don't agree too often, but we do on this. To me, there's no real reason to trade anything for Cousins. If that level of QB is all that you're after, you're better off just keeping your picks and starting Hoyer. Personally, I think the Browns ought to at least try for something better than Hoyer or Cousins (even if it ends up not working out in the long run).

He shouldn't be compared to weeden since he's a better,younger prospect IMO and plays a different kind of game. He had a couple good fill in games last year, one of which was against Cleveland. Then stunk it up in his few end of season games this year.

He hasn't proven he can be a starting QB in the NFL yet, so there's no reason to trade for him like he is IMO which some people are talking about. He's definitely not worth anything above a 4th, where he was drafted IMO. Especially not when we have Hoyer, who is about on the same level as far as unknown-ness and played nearly the same game in college as cousins.

I think there is this desire to attempt to improve at this position and not too many creative avenues to take to do so.

People are loathe to believe that there is top talent for the fourth pick (and I don't tend to disagree with that). But the only reason they are going to be taken that high, is that there are quite a few teams picking early who share the same need.

BPA or draft for organizational weakness? Because there likely isn't going to be an opportunity to grab another potential starting quarterback in the second round or lower.

A 2nd for Cousins? No... and not only because I do not think Cousins if worth it.

One thing I think in learned from the draft simulator was that our 2nd round pick was pivotal... giving it up would just leave too big of a gap.

Maybe a third and a conditional 2015 pick...

We need three good QB's anyway. I'd have consider this pretty hard. Obviously, Shanahan would have a good idea of what he's worth.

RGIII must really think have some issues with even minor rivals.

If I give you the fact we need 3 GOOD QB's you have to give me that we have 1 in Hoyer. What convinces you that Kirk Cousins is worth a 2nd round pick? There is no way on earth he would be ranked as a 2nd round talent in the draft. He has done nothing to show he is a quality starter.

Archived