THE BROWNS BOARD

Last Flurry of Mocks... Post Fresh Ones Here

Tour2ma

I just saw a Facebook link with ten or twelve different experts and at least 8 predictions. I think it's a crapshoot and now that we've traded down there's nobody that's very exciting. I predict that somebody we like a lot will drop to the number eight spot and Sushi will pick somebody else.

WSS

Yeah, it seems that every mock I look at has us doing something different at 8, mainly because of roster is so completely bereft of talent, that we could literally select any position on the football field to upgrade. WR? Yep. OL? Sure. RB? Ok, why not?

I'm leaning towards Zeke Elliott right now, and I'm NOT an OSU diehard fan. I live in Florida, and I'm not being a homer. I see what Gurley provides for the Rams, and I want something like that too. I want a guy on offense that the defense ACTUALLY has to prepare for. I mean, look at our roster right now on offense. Who are you REALLY scared of if you're the defense? Hue Jackson likes to run the ball, and I think that's an identity that many Browns fans could get behind. The biggest issue with Zeke is...I don't expect him to be there at 8.

Bosa scares me. If we ran a 4-3, I'd feel better about it, but we don't, and I worry that he won't have what it takes to be an impact player. That being said, our coaches and scouts obviously know way more than I do, and if they think Bosa can play OLB and they draft him, I'd be happy. There's no way to eliminate risk, but I think we're going to draft the guy that has the best chance to succeed, regardless of position. Been hearing a lot about an OL named Conklin from MSU. Not what I would love, but it would make sense.

I've said all along that I think we want to trade down again. As we all know, trading down isn't that simple, and there must be a willing partner. I think our ability to trade down will hinge directly on the availability of Zeke at 8. If he's there, we'll be able to trade, if he's not, then we won't have any partners.

Daniel Jeremiah had us taking Bosa at 8. If he falls that far I'm definitely happy.

Just saw that...

If Casserly and Jeremiah are out then Bucky Beaver and Charles Davis can't be far behind. IIRC Charles skunked them all last year with his predictions.

Hasn't Bosa and/or those close to him made it clear he doesn't want to play for the Browns?

An off-the-cuff remark he's already walked back... YRMV*...

* Your receptivness may vary.

I'm still working on my last mock draft. It's so stupid I can't even finish it.

The main point is, I have us trading down with Tennessee to 13/15, and getting

their second round pick at 33. T. J. Green, cb, Clemson is one of those picks.

If I could just get it to stop morphing between stupid and really dumb, I'll post it....

If I could just get it to stop morphing between stupid and really dumb, I'll post it....

I would expect if we trade with TN it'll be for one of their mid-second rounders (from LA) and a 3 or 4. That #33 is too valuable for them.

We will trade back and take Nkemdiche in the early-mid round. Then we trade back into the end of round one and take WJ3. Wallahhh......we are a better team. The only reason Nkemdiche is not No. 1 overall is because he fell out a window while getting high. Only reason. Let the shitstorm commence.

Btw WJ3 will not make it passed the Steelers and that would be to our detriment.

lol... doesn't stop anyone else...

We will trade back and take Nkemdiche in the early-mid round. Then we trade back into the end of round one and take WJ3. Wallahhh......we are a better team. The only reason Nkemdiche is not No. 1 overall is because he fell out a window while getting high. Only reason. Let the shitstorm commence.

Btw WJ3 will not make it passed the Steelers and that would be to our detriment.

Commencing shitstorm. After Puffy Gordon, and Johnny Party animal- you really think the Browns are gonna chance it on a guy like that? No way Jose.

Commencing shitstorm. After Puffy Gordon, and Johnny Party animal- you really think the Browns are gonna chance it on a guy like that? No way Jose.

That could be a conversation between Hue and brains. Hue says he's a great player, the brains point to the pile of evidence that most guys with off-field problems in college have off-field problems in the pros. Could be one source of friction, but I doubt it.

That could be a conversation between Hue and brains. Hue says he's a great player, the brains point to the pile of evidence that most guys with off-field problems in college have off-field problems in the pros. Could be one source of friction, but I doubt it.

Odds are we have the most players set off to the side of the board in the entire league... at least I hope we do.

If Zeke is there at 8, I look for Miami to trade up with us. If we could swap 1st rounders this year and get their 1st next year, I would buy, not sure how the points work though, so not sure if its possible.

Here's mine that I'm posting tomorrow on my site:

8. Joey Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State

32. Josh Doctson, WR, TCU

65. Christian Westerman, OG, ASU

77. Dak Prescott, QB, Miss St.

99. Darian Thompson, S, Boise St.

100. Keivarae Russell, CB, Notre Dame

138. Matt Ioannidis, DE, Temple

141. Malcolm Mitchell, WR, Georgia

172. Antonio Morrison, ILB, Florida

173. Aaron Wallace, OLB, UCLA

176. Kyle Murphy, OT, Stanford

223. Jalin Marshall, WR, Ohio St.

If Zeke is there at 8, I look for Miami to trade up with us. If we could swap 1st rounders this year and get their 1st next year, I would buy, not sure how the points work though, so not sure if its possible.

LOL, if that was the deal, I'd take it in a New York minute. However- will NOT happen. I posted it elsewhere- the differential is 250 points for the Browns to move down. That's worth this years third and fifth.

Rappaport tweeted he has heard Browns want to trade back to early teens and target Treadwell

Barf- I hope not.

I Would take Elliot at 8 and Michael Thomas at 32. We haven't had an offense in years! Why not? If Bosa and Buckner are on the board at 8 the experts say they don't fit in the 3-4 defense. So load up on playmakers and draft defense in third round.

I Would take Elliot at 8 and Michael Thomas at 32. We haven't had an offense in years! Why not? If Bosa and Buckner are on the board at 8 the experts say they don't fit in the 3-4 defense. So load up on playmakers and draft defense in third round.

"They" do not say this.

Rappaport tweeted he has heard Browns want to trade back to early teens and target Treadwell

Hell to the yes.

Why? From all reports- this guy isn't an elite talent on the level of a Julio Jones or AJ Green. He's the best of a very weak (even weaker than QB) class. Sorry- pass. So we're going to move down from #8 and pass on Zeke Elliot- who from all accounts IS elite, and take a possession receiver? You kidding me?

I'm not a fan of taking Elliott at 8, but if we're going to take a 'shiny hood ornament' early, I'd rather have Elliott than Treadwell, or any receiver.

Saw a mock on the OS that had us trading back first with Miami, and then with the Jets, to end up picking at 20. Didn't specify the details, but it's probably involving a 2 in both cases. I'd be on board with that - a little 'first-pick.com' magic.

I'm not a fan of taking Elliott at 8, but if we're going to take a 'shiny hood ornament' early, I'd rather have Elliott than Treadwell, or any receiver.

Saw a mock on the OS that had us trading back first with Miami, and then with the Jets, to end up picking at 20. Didn't specify the details, but it's probably involving a 2 in both cases. I'd be on board with that - a little 'first-pick.com' magic.

All board

"They" do not say this.

Some of the so called experts on this board say exactly that. But then I think they are FOS.

Archived