THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump says "I pledge to be a better man", apologizes

calfoxwc

meanwhile, the left media never looked at obamao and higgardly ten years ago.

the past didn't matter. Oh, NOW it MATTERS.

No it doesn't. VOTE FOR TRUMP.

at least he's man enough to apologize.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/10/08/trump-apologizes-for-lewd-comments-about-women-i-pledge-to-be-a-better-man/

Franklin Graham:

The crude comments made by Donald J. Trump more than 11 years ago cannot be defended. But the godless progressive agenda of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton likewise cannot be defended. I am not endorsing any candidates in this election. I have said it throughout this presidential campaign, and I will say it again—both candidates are flawed. The only hope for the United States is God. Our nation’s many sins have permeated our society, leading us to where we are today. But as Christians we can’t back down from our responsibility to remain engaged in the politics of our nation. On November 8th we will all have a choice to make. The two candidates have very different visions for the future of America. The most important issue of this election is the Supreme Court. That impacts everything. There’s no question, Trump and Clinton scandals might be news for the moment, but who they appoint to the Supreme Court will remake the fabric of our society for our children and our grandchildren, for generations to come.

*Well said by Franklin Graham

As much as I would like to see Trump go after Hillary Clinton in the debate tomorrow for her treatment of women who were sexually abused by her husband it is probably politically not a good idea. The hypocrisy bugs me because one candidate uses some inappropriate words while the other one was engaged in inappropriate conduct. You would think the one who actually did something would be worse. Trump probably needs to address this issue quickly and then pound Clinton on her own scandals and policy issues in the debate.

As republicans who formerly endorsed Trump pull back their endorsements now it is just ensuring Hillary Clinton a victory. These comments by Trump are not recent but are11 years old when Trump was still dabbling in the wrestling business and he was not involved in politics (he was probably even identifying as a democrat at that time). I thought it was well known already Trump had some of this vulgar stuff in his background with things he said on Howard Stern so why now are some republicans jumping off the ship like rats? The sharks smell blood on this one and are out for this to be a death blow to Trump. Sad because new polls today show Trump again moving up in the polls but these are polls before this story broke with Trump.

Trump has had 9 lives all through this campaign and I'm hoping he has at least one more left but we'll see. He is not only up against Clinton and the democrats but he is also up against a biased MSM and establishment republicans.

Just face it-this is a monumental blow to his chances. I don't care what you think personally, this late in the game this will be very hard to overcome given he's already down a good bit.

Just pray to whatever God you believe in that Hilldawg hires a good email server guy.

At least the man has good taste...

Dude I'very fucked better looking women than Monica Kathleen Willey Paula Jones and Gennifer Flowers and I'm not exactly the leader of the Free World. Not that I shouldn't be but that's another post...

Have none of these Puritans ever been in a locker room a rock band a frat party or a comedy show?

WSS

Huckabee makes some good points here:
October 8, 2016

By Mike Huckabee

Just when it seemed that this particular election season couldn’t make your skin crawl any more, right on schedule (on a Friday evening of a holiday weekend), the “October surprises” we’d been bracing ourselves for since summer started dropping on our heads like frozen airline sewage.

Human nature being what it is, the one garnering the most attention isn’t the one related to important public policy but to sex. The Washington Post released an 11-year-old secretly-recorded tape of Donald Trump making some offensive “locker room” type comments about women to host Billy Bush before going out to do a TV appearance. I won’t go into the details; if you want to hear them, check out this link. A warning—they are disgusting and lewd. I’d suggest actually watching the video, though, since that conveys better than out-of-context excerpts the attitude with which the remarks were intended.

http://ijr.com/2016/10/709800-here-is-a-leaked-recording-of-donald-trump-bragging-about-trying-to-have-sex-with-married-women/

Trump issued a statement in which he apologized and admitted what he said was wrong, but he pointed out that the tape was over a decade old and he is a changed and better man now (you can hear/read his entire statement here):

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/10/07/donald-trump-releases-statement-following-release-2005-lewd-audio/

Hillary Clinton reacted as you would expect, tweeting, "This is horrific. We cannot allow this man to become president,” apparently in her zeal to pile on forgetting the type of inter-gender relations that prevailed in the Oval Office the last time a Clinton was President.

(A personal aside: I admit that I am appalled by Trump’s comments. I think they are inexcusable regardless of the context or the fact that it happened 11 years ago. But I also believe that people are capable of change and deserving of forgiveness. I certainly don’t condone what he said in what he thought was a private moment 11 years ago, but here’s a good reminder that in these times of ubiquitous microphones and cameras, there are no private moments. I can truly hope he’s genuinely contrite and has outgrown it and that he himself is as repulsed by it as are those who view it.

One thing that bothers me and that nobody is mentioning is the fact that someone recorded a private conversation, sat on it for years, then released it just before an election to try to alter the course of history. This is a genuine invasion of privacy to advance a political agenda. It’s different from the hacking scandals currently plaguing Democrats. While it’s true that someone stole and exposed emails, those emails involved official business that the public had a right to know. Hillary’s problem is that she is believed to have used her private server for official business, then deleted emails that were subject to the Freedom of Information Act. If her private server really had been used only for her personal communications and someone had hacked it and released those, I would be among the first to call for the arrest of whoever did it. Similarly, if Hillary had decided not to release her personal tax forms, I would have supported her just as I did Trump. Running for President shouldn’t mean having every detail of your personal life forcibly laid bare in the public square. If you lament the choices of candidates we have, then consider what we put them through. It’s no wonder that only those with the thickest skin even consider running.)

Of course, Hillary is very lucky that the Trump tape surfaced when it did, since WikiLeaks pulled its own October surprise on her the very same night. They released emails hacked from her campaign chairman John Podesta, the most damaging featuring excerpts of her highly-paid speeches to big Wall Street firms that she’s so far refused to release. They show that despite her attempts to woo Bernie supporters by opposing deals like the TPP, she came across as practically a cheerleader for free trade in front of the wealthy financial elite. She told one Brazilian bank in 2013, “My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders.”

http://nypost.com/2016/10/07/wikileaks-releases-excerpts-of-hillarys-paid-speech-transcripts/

It’s hard to say what the fallout of all this will be. Many voters already believe the worst of the candidate they oppose, and both of these stories just bolster their negatives. Charles Krauthammer observed that it shouldn’t surprise anyone that Trump has said crude things in private and that Hillary has two sets of principles, one for in public and one for big donors behind closed doors. The only difference is that with these stories, we get to hear both of those things exposed in the candidates’ own words, which somehow makes it seem more shocking that it might otherwise.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/10/07/krauthammer-everybody-knows-hillary-has-a-private-and-public-position-on-everything-and-that-trump-is-crude/

My guess is that the Trump story will prove more damaging, for several reasons. The media will pile on him while ignoring the Hillary story. Fellow Republicans will denounce and desert him, while if he were a Democrat, his colleagues would circle the wagons to defend him and attack the sleazy leaker for violating his privacy with “old news” that he’s long since “moved on” from. And again: sex sells, while the revelation that Hillary Clinton will say anything to get elected is hardly news at all. Even Barack Obama told us that back in 2008.

- Mike Huckabee

If the media covers the wikileaks it's probably a wash.

Trump is going to hold nothing back though, he already retweeted Juanita Brodrick about bill raping her and hill threatening her

It's probably is only play at this point, it'll obviously come out at the debate tomorrow.

Maybe he should also talk about Bill shoving a cigar up Monica's pussy and Hillary calling Monica a narcissist until the semen dress was found.

Just face it-this is a monumental blow to his chances. I don't care what you think personally, this late in the game this will be very hard to overcome given he's already down a good bit.

Just pray to whatever God you believe in that Hilldawg hires a good email server guy.

I don't buy it. What makes this different than every other time he "put the final nail" in his campaign's coffin? It looks like a last ditch effort by the GOP and DNC establishment to oust him, and it didn't work.

Crowds of people came out to support him at Trump Towe yesterday, and 80 million women made wealthy businessman rape-fantasy book "50 Shades of Gray" a bestseller. Scott Adams suggests the silent Trump supporter demographic tripled in size. I'm inclined to agree.

I don't buy it. What makes this different than every other time he "put the final nail" in his campaign's coffin? It looks like a last ditch effort by the GOP and DNC establishment to oust him from the ticket (the video was released by jeb's cousin), and it didn't work.

Crowds of people came out to support him at Trump Tower yesterday, and 80 million women made wealthy businessman rape-fantasy book "50 Shades of Gray" a bestseller. Scott Adams suggests the silent Trump supporter demographic tripled in size. I'm inclined to agree.

Stuart

The polls. The polls have always been right, and the Hildabeest is leading them all.

free stuff, free ride - the dems would nominate and vote for hitler if he got cloned.

they just don't care. finding fault with trump, which is easy to do, is just an excuse for

the above - they simply refuse to look at the far worse faults of higgardly.

free stuff, free ride - the dems would nominate and vote for hitler if he got cloned.

they just don't care. finding fault with trump, which is easy to do, is just an excuse for

the above - they simply refuse to look at the far worse faults of higgardly.

Much like they did by pretending that Sarah Palin was the reason they didn't vote for the superior and more qualified candidate in John McCain.

WSS

I don't see how Trump comes back from this with all the republicans now jumping off the sinking ship. This is why I no longer consider myself a republican and why republicans lose presidential elections. Instead of just scolding and rejecting the remarks Trump made they go the extra mile to throw Trump under the bus and are making sure Clinton will win even though Clinton has done worse things than what Trump has said:

The Great Big List of Republicans Who Dumped Trump This Weekend … And There Are A LOT

http://www.redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/10/09/great-big-list-republicans-who-dumped-trump-this-weekend-a-lot-pence-cruz/

dems don't give a damn. the reps, some do, many don't - but they will

dump Trump just because the left is so vicious about low blowing the groins

of any republican who dares stand up to them.

wimpy john mccain refused to talk about obamao's history and associations, etc etc.

but he'll talk about a republican's weaknesses like a warrior. Paul Ryan, the wimp he replaced,

a whole bunch of em... are just like that. The left dredges up the past to use it as a political "weapon".

natually, they protect any bad past of any dem by ignoring it...and ridiculing the opposition who

brings it up.

Truth is, as I see it, the leftist dems are a bit like terrorists - they instill fear in opponents to make the run,

join them, be quiet, etc..... or suffer the consequences. The difference is, the left doesn't physically destroy

people who aren't on their side... they just humiliate opponents, lie about opponents, ridicule their kids and spouses,

they will even hire actors to pretend to be "victims of opponents. Higgardly and co. already did that just recently...

It's like a republican has a boxing match with a leftist dem - the rep is demanded to follow The Marquess of Queensberry rules

but the left is allowed to bite the rep's ear off, and break all of the same rules.

What good rep would run and put his family into all that garbage.... and what dem would run and demand that the left

go by the rules, too? We end up with bad nominees, and the dem nominees have been far worse. I think it's time

that Americans are seeing that a non-politician is needed to break that cycle.

It won't end til most Americans demand it stop. Elsewise, it is only going to get worse. That's bad.

Well said Cal and that is how I feel as well. Of course what Trump said was wrong but let's put it in perspective it was 11 years ago and it was a private conversation he didn't know was being recorded. When Trump said Bill Clinton has said far worse things on the golf course I have no doubt Trump is telling the truth. I am not making the argument that two wrongs make a right but I am talking about the double standard. All the garbage that came out about Bill Clinton never hurt his poll numbers and maybe that was because the democrats didn't throw him under the bus like our spineless republicans are doing with Trump today. Hillary Clinton led the charge in trying to destroy women who alleged sexual abuse by her husband yet where were all the feminists to stand up for the women Bill sexually assaulted? Today Clinton has the chutzpah to say any women who claims she has been sexually abused by a man has the right to be believed so why did Hillary try to destroy Paula Jones, or Kathleen Wiley, or Jennifer Flowers, Monica Lewisnky and all the others? Hypocrisy at it's finest and they get away with it because of a biased MSM.

If you can't beat a terrible dem candidate... The Reps might want to go back to the drawing board

First of all Trump won the republican nomination fair and square but the fact is the republicans ran a candidate with even higher unfavorables than Clinton. I think Pence has shown the type of republican candidate who probably would have destroyed Clinton this year if he was at the top of the ticket.

What I don't understand is why republicans aren't just condemning the remarks Trump made 11 years ago and leaving it at that instead of going that extra mile to say they can no longer support Trump. I never saw that happen with the democrats and Bill Clinton who actually did worse things than Trump has said. I think it was well known Trump had a past like this with what he said on Howard Stern years ago so the recorded comments 11 years ago are not that surprising. If the republicans were not throwing Trump under the bus he might be able to come back from this but instead they are making sure Hillary Clinton wins.

Not that surprising when almost the entire media are in the pocket of the Democrat Party and don't care how bad Hillary is.

WSS

It isn't that democrats are so much better politicians but when you have the entire MSM on your side it makes it so much easier to get your point of view, message and narrative you want set across.

First of all Trump won the republican nomination fair and square but the fact is the republicans ran a candidate with even higher unfavorables than Clinton. I think Pence has shown the type of republican candidate who probably would have destroyed Clinton this year if he was at the top of the ticket.

What I don't understand is why republicans aren't just condemning the remarks Trump made 11 years ago and leaving it at that instead of going that extra mile to say they can no longer support Trump. I never saw that happen with the democrats and Bill Clinton who actually did worse things than Trump has said. I think it was well known Trump had a past like this with what he said on Howard Stern years ago so the recorded comments 11 years ago are not that surprising. If the republicans were not throwing Trump under the bus he might be able to come back from this but instead they are making sure Hillary Clinton wins.

The establishment, i.e. McCain, etc would rather Clinton win then Trump. She is in the pockets of the elite just like they are.

Archived