THE BROWNS BOARD

QUINN, NOT IMPRESSIVE AT ALL!!!!!!!!! 55.9

gmp

Did I watch the same game as all of you???. All I'm reading and hearing is Quinn Manage the game...Played well for his second start, didn't make turnovers, a step in the right direction......Well, the real deal is I am not impressed.... Should we be impressed with a 14 for 36 outing..?? 55.9 pct rating???/ 2 or 3 wounded duck throws, that only the grace of GOD kept it out of the Buffalo D's hands. ... It really is amazing how all the Quinn luvers see this as something completely different from DA....ahhh the potential, ahhh the promise,,, ahh blah, blah, blah....

Botom line is Trent Edwards saved his ass last night and gave him some gimme points...and only got 6 on 3 turns.... ...

Phil Dawson kicked his brains out as well.....another guy who pulled Quinns nuts from the fire.....

You live to see another week B Quinn, ...lets hope this weeks passer rating is better than 60..

Gee, I wonder how the Bills fans feel about Trent Edwards over the past month and especially last night? I bet they wish they would have won. DA or BQ I don't care the Browns won. What is evident is the lack of discipline and the ability to execute and that's been on the players and coaches since week 1. The total lack of improvement is alarming on both sides of the ball.

higher than that. against much better defenses.

The book is still out on Quinn, no doubt. Still, Winslow and Edwards had extraordinary number of Drops....Quinn while lucky didn't throw game losing picks and his arm strength is much better than we were lead to believe. Not impressive but 30 points in both games should be well enough to win football games.

I can't stand Jamal Lewis and his tippy toes....we need to get him some gold ballet shoes....If we were Handing the ball off to Brandon Jacobs at the end of the last three games... we would still have Anderson at QB

I can't stand Jamal Lewis and his tippy toes....we need to get him some gold ballet shoes....If we were Handing the ball off to Brandon Jacobs at the end of the last three games... we would still have Anderson at QB

He is building up a static charge by scuffing his feet in order to shock the hell out of the first defender who touches him!

higher than that. against much better defenses.

Derek Anderson

G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate

8 8 121 243 49.8 1,454 6.0 9 7 11 69 68.9

Stats divided by 4 to compare to Quinns 2 games:

G GS Comp ATT Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate

2 2 30 61 51.6 363.5 5.96 2.25 1.75 2.75 17.25 no idea

Brady Quinn

G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate

2 2 37 71 52.1 424 6.0 2 0 1 9 79.8

So looking at the TINY sample we have from Quinn... I'm just sayin.

He is building up a static charge by scuffing his feet in order to shock the hell out of the first defender who touches him!

ha ha ha good one....I just on't see why he doesn't just run and knock people down...big dude like that should run people over....ain't gonna happen when your tippy toeing

Here's the deal:

Low QB rating + winning team = Keep the starting QB (because you're still winning)

High QB rating + losing team = Keep the starting QB (and look elsewhere on the offense for the problem)

Low QB rating + losing team = Replace the starting QB (especially when he's the lowest rated offensive player)

the good thing is altho quinn didn't not play too well statistically, a good chunk of his incompletes wern't because of errant passes like DA. alot of them were shitty playcalling calling for him to throw up those shitty deep jump balls that are really low percentage.

at least there were no wide open guys that he flat out missed to get the ball too.

people can deal with poor performances by a qb like last night, its when people like DA would flat out miss targets that got people upset

Did I watch the same game as all of you???. All I'm reading and hearing is Quinn Manage the game...Played well for his second start, didn't make turnovers, a step in the right direction......Well, the real deal is I am not impressed.... Should we be impressed with a 14 for 36 outing..?? 55.9 pct rating???/ 2 or 3 wounded duck throws, that only the grace of GOD kept it out of the Buffalo D's hands. ... It really is amazing how all the Quinn luvers see this as something completely different from DA....ahhh the potential, ahhh the promise,,, ahh blah, blah, blah....

Botom line is Trent Edwards saved his ass last night and gave him some gimme points...and only got 6 on 3 turns.... ...

Phil Dawson kicked his brains out as well.....another guy who pulled Quinns nuts from the fire.....

You live to see another week B Quinn, ...lets hope this weeks passer rating is better than 60..

Did you watch the same game as all of us???.

If Quinn had as much time as Edwards, you would of seen different #'s. Unfortunately, the OL broke down so quick that plays were not allowed to develop and many of the throws were thrown away rather than trying to force them and ending in DA like INTs. At least that's what I saw!!!

Did you watch the same game as all of us???.

If Quinn had as much time as Edwards, you would of seen different #'s. Unfortunately, the OL broke down so quick that plays were not allowed to develop and many of the throws were thrown away rather than trying to force them and ending in DA like INTs. At least that's what I saw!!!

Ahhhh, you must have been in the SH*tter when Quinn threw up that (whatever the hell that was) and had to be reviewed for an INT....It really was a thing of beauty...you should have seen it....!! Nice to see him not panic under a pass rush too...!!

Guest Masters
Ahhhh, you must have been in the SH*tter when Quinn threw up that (whatever the hell that was) and had to be reviewed for an INT....It really was a thing of beauty...you should have seen it....!! Nice to see him not panic under a pass rush too...!!

That was a bad rookie move. Never should have thrown that ball. He should have just ducked and covered.

But do you really want to throw explanations marks at the end there on the panic? One bad throw under all the pressure he had, and continued to stand in the pocket? Come on man.

Apparently you forgot to watch the replay...DOH!!! His arm was hit....and he was unable to follow through. I have given DA passes on similar plays...it is not the QB's fault that a pass goes errant when their arm is hit. That is NOT on them...and it is not a mistake to try the pass...in fact I wouldn't doubt that he was trying to throw it away when his arm got hit in an attempt to avoid the sack (something DA still has not learned).

Some people....Wow!!!

I am disappointed in all of you. With the way our current team is even if we got any of the Mannings or Tom Brady, they cannot do much with our offense.

And our Defense goes zzzzzzzzzFense in the 4th quarter.

with all this why are we really holding the quarter back as our pain source of pain ?

gmp chud and company are responsible for the crappy playcalling. run inside off tackle, run inside off tackle, throw in 3rd and 7 rinse repeat. Did Quinn adjust in the beginning to the tight coverage? NO, did he throw some bad balls? Yes. When skill players dont catch the ball, we dont run the ball effectively (until the second half with harrison) your oline does not pick up blitzes well, and your dam coordinators make it easy by calling predictable plays..... Well you get what you saw last night. Quinn needs to work on changing his snap count a bit and reading blitzes but it was his second game.

I defended DA till i was blue in the face because i thought it was other factors leading to his problems I will do the same for BQ until something changes my opinion. I needle the bq boosters because I dont think they gave DA a honest shot but in reality we all hate watching our franchise blow themselves up from poor town down management. BQ possibly has more upside than DA I would hate to see poor coaching and management bungle his development.

Guest Masters
Actually I have to disagree with you on this one WPB....that attempt WAS a mistake IMO. Sometimes a QB has to know when he is just F*cked and tuck the ball and take the sack. He KNEW he was gonna be hit before he got rid of the ball, Don't try to force that.

100% with you. BQ saw that blitz coming right up the middle and should have tucked it. He tried to do to much there. It was a bad mistake, and I am sure he knows it.

Archived