THE BROWNS BOARD

Julius Peppers

next2nothing

He has said he doesn't have a preference of what team he goes to if he hits FA, time will tell on that one though, and last year said he wanted to play in a 3 - 4 as an OLB.

First, do you think we could lure him here?

Second, do you think he is a Mangini type guy?

I think he can be a beast but he has been noticed in the past to take plays off and not give full effort. What do you all think about Peppers?

Thats a lot of money he will be asking for, 15-18 mil a year range. I would like a Richard Seymore for cheaper.

here's the problem. Yea, he's a monster. But coming from the Charlotte area I can tell you it's hit or miss on how he plays and fan opinion. Just from watching him, if the game is out of hand he takes plays off, that's just my opinion though

the bottom line there are only a couple guys I would pay $17 million (current salary, technically 16.9) for in the NFL. as good as peppers is, he's not on my list.

Guest Metcalf_FTW

NOT WORTH IT. He takes plays off and last year made about $1 million PER GAME! Plus, what would he do for us coming from a 4-3 end -- would we convert him to an outside linebacker? I don't think he would work on our defensive front.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, but he is a monster when he wants to be.

I live in Charlotte.

On NFL Live to today Chris Mortenson said Cleveland could be one of the top landing places for Peppers, making the comparison to how Reggie White joined the Packers when Holmgren was with them. As of right now, who really knows whats going to happen, if its an uncapped season, I do believe the check book will be open and we most likely will break the bank for a guy like this. I don't care either way, I'm going to root for who ever they put on the field.

Archived