THE BROWNS BOARD

Smart Guys

Zombo

Royal, Adams head back to school

Browns defensive back Mike Adams and tight end Robert Royal are two of 77 players who will participate in NFL Business Management and Entrepreneurial Program this year. Workshops run February 15-19 and 16-19 at both the Harvard and Wharton Business Schools. Both players will be attending the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania from February 16-19.

The annual program is part of an ongoing NFL-NFLPA initiative to assist players in preparing for their post-playing careers.502 players have participated in the program since its inception in 2005.

The Wharton custom program emphasizes entrepreneurship and business building with an emphasis on real estate. The program also includes an emphasis on analyzing financial statements, legal issues, investing and money management, social responsibility, property management, insurance and liability fundamentals, and taxation. The program will be delivered in a four-day module utilizing the case method along with group discussion and follow-up coaching/consultation.

Adams earned his undergraduate degree in communications from the University of Delaware, while Royal earned a degree in kinesiology from LSU.

©2007 The Cleveland Browns. www.clevelandbrowns.com

This is just a case of the rich begetting the rich.

Maybe the NFL would be willing to pay for you or I to also attend these seminars.

Why couldn't these guys have taken these coursed in college? They could, but didn't. And FYI, kinesiology is the study of the body in motion. In other words, he majored in being an athlete.

Maybe the NFL would be willing to pay for you or I to also attend these seminars.

Why couldn't these guys have taken these coursed in college? They could, but didn't. And FYI, kinesiology is the study of the body in motion. In other words, he majored in being an athlete.

The guys are taking an initiative in their post-playing careers.

Way to piss on it.

Zombo

how little we know....

ever hear of the Trade and Globalization Adjustment Assistance Act?

its a very similar program for everyday americans who lose work to outsourcing and foreign competition. are they also wrong for taking provided retraining to be once again a productive member of the workforce?

players may make millions, but they also pay taxes. the fact the NFL has a program to help reintegrate players into the work force is very commendable, since they have no experience or skills to work a real job.

What a sad sack, wow.

And no, the NFL wouldn't pay for those seminars because we don't PLAY in the NFL.

My girls company reimburses her for classes taken pertaining to her job. Do you want me to ask her boss if that is available for you?

That was my intent, to piss on it, to stir up a little bullshinola. I really don't have a problem with the program. Better than letting them rot the rest of their lives.

I asked my girls boss and NO gipper, they will not reimburse you for any classes you take.

maybe they should take a class on:

1) learning how to call a cab when you've had too much to drink

2) learning how not to put your hands on a woman

3) learning how to pay child support or not have 20 kids to begin with

oh shit! i thought you were talkin about the bengals!

Archived