THE BROWNS BOARD

chargers shopping Cromartie..good for Browns

jrb12711

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4920302

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/antonio-cromartie/401259

The story basically says that they are looking for a RB or a decent draft pick where they can get a RB in the draft. If we decide not to go Joe Haden with our 1st round pick, I'd be content giving up a third round pick for him. I think he was a little overrated after his incredible '07 season, but he's definitely a solid starter. Opinions?

haha yea, i remember that shit. I had good money on that game and I couldn't believe how stupid that was. It's almost like he was exepcting shone green to cut and he didn't. Every one makes bone headed plays though.

You're absolutely right that you can find a reel of anyone looking foolish. However, Cromartie in that play seemed (to me) like he was shying away from contact and expected someone else to make the tackle. I guess only excuse that would lessen that embarrassment would be if he was playing hurt.

yea, he very well could of. It's hard to say what NFL players think and do. The only thing I could say against it is that there's a split second decision there. Like i said, maybe he thought he saw greene's feet cutting back and they didn't, idk. He overall doesn't seem the type to not make the tackle. A good friend of mine is a Chargers fan so I tend to follow them somewhat anyway. I can admit that he seemed to have lost whatever mojo he had from the 2007 season, but his ability to play solid defense is there. I just think if we could get a somewhat young, solid corner for a 3rd round pick it'd really help the team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4920302

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/antonio-cromartie/401259

The story basically says that they are looking for a RB or a decent draft pick where they can get a RB in the draft. If we decide not to go Joe Haden with our 1st round pick, I'd be content giving up a third round pick for him. I think he was a little overrated after his incredible '07 season, but he's definitely a solid starter. Opinions?

I don't know why we couldn't pick him up with a third rounder say, AND take Haden in the first round. OK, so, maybe he is a bit overrated, but he is still a talent.

Who do we have at CB on this roster that is better?

Maybe Eric Wright. Certainly not Brandon McDonald. If we had Wright, Cromartie and Haden at corner wouldn't that sound pretty good to you all? With 4-5 receiver sets all three would see plenty of playing time.

Fair to say?

I don't know why we couldn't pick him up with a third rounder say, AND take Haden in the first round. OK, so, maybe he is a bit overrated, but he is still a talent.

Maybe Eric Wright. Certainly not Brandon McDonald. If we had Wright, Cromartie and Haden at corner wouldn't that sound pretty good to you all? With 4-5 receiver sets all three would see plenty of playing time.

Fair to say?

Agreed. He is a solid option at CB.

McDonald sucks. Although I do find it comical when he tackles. There should be a drinking game every time he gets run over, tries to strip the ball instead of tackling, pusses out on tackles, or just plain misses. Even my girl picked it out and she watches 60 plays a year, "why is is trying to pull the ball away from him and not get him down"? McDonald is a clown, pun intended.

Fair to say?

i don't think he's overrated in terms of talent, more just hype if that makes any sense. He had one incredible year and people rode his ass when he didn't keep goin on at that pace.

I just have a feeling the chargers will want more than a 3rd for him, and idk if i'd want to put up more than that. It'd be nice to have some depth at the position though.

If they did by some chance make a trade for him, for a pick, would we then be drafting a QB? I would prefer Spiller.

What would trading say a third round pick for Cromartie have to do with drafting a QB? I don't think the Browns need to draft a QB unless they go for one in their low round picks. Maybe they can find a 6th rounder to win 3 SBs for them.

What would trading say a third round pick for Cromartie have to do with drafting a QB? I don't think the Browns need to draft a QB unless they go for one in their low round picks. Maybe they can find a 6th rounder to win 3 SBs for them.

If we get a good coner in a trade, would we use the 7th overall to get a QB instead of Hayden was my question. What way would we go if we dont need to draft Hayden then? Like I said I would want Spiller at 7.

If we get a good coner in a trade, would we use the 7th overall to get a QB instead of Hayden was my question. What way would we go if we dont need to draft Hayden then? Like I said I would want Spiller at 7.

If we don't draft Haden, then go for defensive line or linebacker. Stay away from these QBs. And I think Spiller is someone more of a 20th selection, not 7th. Don't pick him up there unless you trade down.

you guys are forgetting the very huge fact that the chargers want a running back in return. who could we send that would be good enough to get cromartie in return? we have no ammo in this gun fight.

Unless we could convince them that Jerome Harrison is the real deal. (but they may see Darren Sproles as their equivalent to Harrison)

Unless we could convince them that Jerome Harrison is the real deal. (but they may see Darren Sproles as their equivalent to Harrison)

why is anyone even discussing trading harrison? he was the only bright spot on offense last year besides cribbs. if we had a right side of the oline his numbers in the last five games would have been better. sproles made a name for himself and he has talent but unless (like you said) we can get him with a low round pick, screw it.

why is anyone even discussing trading harrison? he was the only bright spot on offense last year besides cribbs. if we had a right side of the oline his numbers in the last five games would have been better. sproles made a name for himself and he has talent but unless (like you said) we can get him with a low round pick, screw it.

He was a bright spot against terrible run defenses. Jennings had a better performance against Pittsburgh, and a better performance against San Diego. Granted, Jennings' performances weren't shocking by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm not on one side or the other, I just don't want to jump on the Harrison bandwagon simply becuase he rushed for a ton of yards on 30-40 carries against bad defensive teams.

He actually may of higher value to us in the trade market, simply because of his inflated numbers in the tail end of the season. If we could get a good enough deal for him, I believe Holmgren and Co. would part ways without question.

He was a bright spot against terrible run defenses. Jennings had a better performance against Pittsburgh, and a better performance against San Diego. Granted, Jennings' performances weren't shocking by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm not on one side or the other, I just don't want to jump on the Harrison bandwagon simply becuase he rushed for a ton of yards on 30-40 carries against bad defensive teams.

He actually may of higher value to us in the trade market, simply because of his inflated numbers in the tail end of the season. If we could get a good enough deal for him, I believe Holmgren and Co. would part ways without question.

Who are you kidding harrison has been making plays ever since his first preseason game with the browns. Every time he got the ball he was making big plays. Why do you think everyone was clamoring for him to get more playing time to begin with?

So we finally get a coaching staff to turn the guy loose, he kicks all kinds of ass and now we should move him?

This kid is a running back folks, flat out. Kid hit it up for 2000 his last year in the Pac Ten. All you gotta do is watch him run and it's obvious dude is a very nice back. Yeah, he has to prove he can do it over 16 games but that's why you draft a guy like Spiller to compliment him etc. We still have Davis and Jennings but why on earth anybody would want to move the best looking back we've had since the rebirth the second he gets his opportunity boggles my mind.

We could always see if Ben Gay is not in prison or James Jackson doesn't weigh 280 now. How about Mo Clarett getting out soon?

So we finally get a coaching staff to turn the guy loose, he kicks all kinds of ass and now we should move him?

This kid is a running back folks, flat out. Kid hit it up for 2000 his last year in the Pac Ten. All you gotta do is watch him run and it's obvious dude is a very nice back. Yeah, he has to prove he can do it over 16 games but that's why you draft a guy like Spiller to compliment him etc. We still have Davis and Jennings but why on earth anybody would want to move the best looking back we've had since the rebirth the second he gets his opportunity boggles my mind.

We could always see if Ben Gay is not in prison or James Jackson doesn't weigh 280 now. How about Mo Clarett getting out soon?

It was on the news, Clarett may indeed be released soon if hasn't been already. So, he may be available. You interested?

Archived