THE BROWNS BOARD

Cavs pull the trigger.

CIMO.

I'm starting to have a little fear about Z not coming back. Dallas seems to really be wanting him badly. I know, his heart and family are here in C-town, but the Mavs might make a strong push. Cuban can be persuasive.

Not to mention, if the Wizards buy him out relatively soon, and Z wants to play ball before 30 days are up, that might be a selling point another team could use as well.

Many of you have mentioned that we will get Z back in 30 days. How is that possible?

Here's how this works in Washington's favor, and Cleveland's. Z's contract is up at the end of the year. What the Wizards will do is put Z on waivers for 48 hours- any team that has cap room can sign him in that period- Ferry's betting that won't happen. Washington will then buy out the rest of Z's contract- which not only gives them cap room (takes his salary off their books) and puts them under the luxury tax. It also was the reason the Wizards dumped a serviceable player like Jamison. I just learned there's also usually some sort of back room gentleman's agreements involved in salary buyouts- don't be surprised if this is all pre-arranged, and the Cavs are going to slip the cash strapped Wizards the bucks under the table to buy Z out, and bring him back home. They did the same thing with Joe Smith.

After the 48 hour waiver period is up, any team can offer Z a contract (Dallas is supposedly interested)- but after 30 days, the Cavs can offer Z about $500k more than any other team to re-sign with them. And don't feel bad for Z- he supposedly gets $600k from the Cavs to take a 30 day midseason vacation- damn, I'm in the wrong line of work.

Assuming this is what's going to happen, hats of to Ferry for essentially getting Jamison (a guy who not only can put 20 points on the board night in and night out) but also guard guys like Rashard Lewis and Rasheed Wallace. Ditto that for Gilbert for putting up the cash to get this done.

BTW, think about this starting lineup- Hixon, Shaq, and Jamison across the front, LeBron at point guard, and Mo at shooting guard. If I were the Magic or Lakers, I'd start worrying- a lot.

I'm starting to have a little fear about Z not coming back. Dallas seems to really be wanting him badly. I know, his heart and family are here in C-town, but the Mavs might make a strong push. Cuban can be persuasive.

Two things to consider about that- money will talk- and the Cavs can offer Z more money than the Mavericks. Also Z has to know if this is his last year, his odds of winning it all are better in Cleveland than Dallas.

Two things to consider about that- money will talk- and the Cavs can offer Z more money than the Mavericks. Also Z has to know if this is his last year, his odds of winning it all are better in Cleveland than Dallas.

Thanks...I did not know about the additional money the Cavs can offer. I was in the dark on that one. You're right about the better chances being in Cleveland. by far

I've actually liked Telfair since he was coming out of high school. He obviously hasn't lived up to the hype, but he seems like a great throw in. Kind of the exact opposite of Gibson....Telfair is a pure, pass-first point guard who can't shoot, but should be much better than anything we had at PG after Mo and Delonte.

he has been an interesting story since coming out of high school and puttin the smack down on U of L and Pittino. The kid is behind the power curve in defense but i think coach b can square him away. He reallly has not had a mentor since he has been in the league. Maybe LB and Diesel can provide some much need guidance. It would be such a waste for him to wash out in the league. I have good thoughts for him. Go Cavs

Telfair is supposedly a friend of LeBrons so that might have had a little bit to do with it.

But if we get Z back, Telfair is literally our 14th MAN! This team is stacked.

In no particular order,

1. Mo

2. Parker

3. LeBron

4. Jamison

5. Shaq

6. Varejao

7. West

8. Hickson

9. Jawad Williams

10. Boobie

11. Moon

12. Powe

13. Telfair

14. Danny Greene

15. Darnell Jackson

I don't know what the rotation will be like if Powe is 100% and Z comes back, but we can't possibly play more than 10 guys a night and more likely 9. Who are the odd men out? My best guesses are Boobie, Powe, and Moon get very few minutes with hits to the minutes of Jawad and Hickson.

Another question yet to be answered is who starts, Hickson or Jamison?

Before you say of course it's Jamison know that Mike Brown has said it's a possibility to keep Hickson in the starting lineup.

Also, the cavs are 41-8 with Hickson in the starting lineup and in their last like 10 games they have averaged over 35 points a game in the first quarter. The first team has been tearing up everyone to start games.

Crazy depth is not a bad problem to have. With the exception of LeBron and maybe Shaq because of his size, I could still see us win a championship with any other player getting hurt.

Telfair is supposedly a friend of LeBrons so that might have had a little bit to do with it.

I hope they are goood buddies. Telfair has played with 5 teams in his 5 year career. None on the teams have ever featured him as trade bait. The kid just hasn't got any minutes wherever he has been.

The kid was heralded as the best thing to come out of Coney Island since Nathans hot dogs. it is obvious his attitude is shit. He needs to get his head and ass wired together. Cle could be the proving grounds

Not to mention, if the Wizards buy him out relatively soon, and Z wants to play ball before 30 days are up, that might be a selling point another team could use as well.

by league rule, that can't happen. teams don't have 30 days to sign him, they have to wait 30 days to sign him. there is no way around that.

Archived