THE BROWNS BOARD

Thomas vs. Williams

Greythan

Can't wait to watch that match-up.

Everything I'm reading on Williams indicates the guy is delivering on the promise that led to his high selection. Physical freak who can beat you with speed, power, or both.

He'll be a real test for Joe. That said, Joe continues to impress. I watched him on several occassions against Buffalo and he looked good. Had a real stellar kick-out block on Harrison's big run and was solid protecting Quinn's blindside.

Will be fun to use the beauty of the DVR to watch this matchup closely.

Is that right? ESPN shows Williams as the RE.

I'll admit I'm not familiar with Houston so you may be right. If that's the case, we'll probably see more Jason Wright to help chip on the right side. Might hurt our ability to get more Harrison unless the staff feels he can help with blitz pickups.

I'll admit I'm not familiar with Houston so you may be right. If that's the case, we'll probably see more Jason Wright to help chip on the right side. Might hurt our ability to get more Harrison unless the staff feels he can help with blitz pickups.

Greythan,

alot of teams will say on the roster a player plays one spot, but they aren't shy about switching them up. Romeo and Company are the only ones in the NFL who are afraid to swap Right for Left on a few plays on the defensive side of the ball. I mean you might confuse the offensive line or something if you do that!

He does play both but in most cases he does line up at LE. I know for a fact in college he played LE, because Manny Lawson played RE. So i think the texans like to put him where he is most comfartable.

Archived