THE BROWNS BOARD

Van Jones loves Glenn Beck

calfoxwc

Glenn Beck: I love you, you love me...

[/color]March 1, 2010 - 12:51 ET

GLENN: Van Jones was given an award from the NAACP and in it, in their acceptance speech at the very end he gave a shout out to me. Do you have the whole ending of

PAT: Uh huh. Of the speech?

GLENN: Here's Van Jones speaking about me at the end of his acceptance speech at the NAACP.

VAN JONES: The last thing I want to say is this: To my fellow countryman, Mr. Glenn Beck, I see you and I love you, brother. I love you, and you cannot do anything about it. I love you, and you cannot do anything about it. Let's be one country. Let's be one country. Let's get the job done. Thank you.

GLENN: Okay. Van Jones, you love me, I love you, we're not on an episode of Barney. I appreciate the fact that you love me and as my eternal brother, I love you as well. Now, it's never been a personal thing and I don't know why you are wanting to make it a personal issue, but it's not a personal thing. Never has been. I was somebody who didn't want you fired.

Everybody thinks, everybody thinks it's great that I, quote, got you fired. I didn't get you fired. The well, everyone would claim that you just left because you had other things to do. Nobody wanted at the time to claim that you left in shame or anything else. You were just going elsewhere, weren't going to be a part of it. I said at the time that was a huge mistake because it's about dialogue. And I know you love to have dialogue. I know you love to talk about the things that you believe in. And that's why I'm glad that you're back in the spotlight because I do want to talk about one country. The question is which country do we want? The country that you're looking for is very different than the country I understand. It's a country that is very different than the country that most people understand. You, sir, are a self avowed communist. You are somebody that wants to fundamentally transform America, and you're doing it through the guise of green jobs. Now, you can talk about love all you want, and I can love you right back, and I see you, Van Jones. I see you. And I love you, too. But the job that you're doing is in the cover of darkness. Mine is wide open. You know my agenda. I say it every day. I say it loudly and clearly, and I get an awful lot of heat for it. I don't get awards for what I say. You do. I don't get teaching jobs at universities. You do. So please don't try to play the victim here. You cover up what you say; I do not. One of us has the courage of our convictions. The other may have courage of their convictions but for some reason is cloaking all of those convictions. Now, I personally think it's because the people you're surrounded by, the progressives, have convinced you that their way is the best way of getting it done. You and Bill Ayers and Jeff Jones, all the radicals from the Sixties and the new radicals like you, the ones that are revolutionary, communist revolutionaries, the people that were in STORM, the people that want to overthrow the government. You've been convinced that the president and his advisors are just like you. And maybe it's because of my theory that they knew who you were before you got into anywhere near the president. Before you took your green jobs czardom. That was my theory... until this weekend.

This weekend Van Jones was on CNN and Van Jones was asked the question: Did they know, did the president know who you were before you arrived?

VAN JONES: I was fully candid, I mean, about my past, about the ideas that I have explored. I was a midlevel White House staffer. I reported to a Senate confirmed nominee. Midlevel White House staffers go through a vetting process, a process that's very, very rigorous. But I wasn't a cabinet secretary. I was a worker in the White House. Some people decided to give me this crazy title of green jobs czar in the media. I don't know if you remember this. I came right out and said I'm not the green jobs czar. I'm the green jobs handyman.

GLENN: Mmm hmmm. So they knew exactly who he was. Well, I'm sorry. If I have somebody who is a Marxist revolutionary who's standing up and saying that, you know, Mumia Abu Jamal was right for blowing the head off Danny Faulkner, a cop, I don't think I have him even emptying the garbage in the White House. If I have somebody who appears to be, although we can't ever trace anything down because people just don't seem to have the courage of their convictions, they just don't want to say these things out loud. But we're pretty sure that Van Jones was a member of STORM, which was a radical communist revolutionary front. We're pretty sure he wrote the book on STORM, but we can't confirm it. It's like the Invisible Committee, the communists that are writing books over in Europe. They tend to stay undercover. Why? Because that way they can hold their powerful positions and remain unseen and unknown. But with the resources of the White House, you'd think that they would be able to find all the things out that we have found out about Van Jones and it would give you pause. Now, did you notice that he said they knew everything and all of my positions that I have explored. No one will ask him if he is still a communist. No one will ask him if he has rejected communism and rejected Marxism, if he now believes in the free market system. Because he has said in the past that the free market system doesn't work. His joke was, "How's that capitalism working for ya, huh? How's that capitalism workin' for ya?" But then as the green jobs I'm sorry. Because it wasn't the

VOICE: Ho, ho, ho, green jobs czar.

GLENN: We had to correct it. It was...

VOICE: Ho, ho, ho, special advisor for green jobs at the White House council on environmental quality.

GLENN: Okay, that's what he was. So as he's the green jobs special advisor to the... whatever, he says we're going to go away from this capitalism thing. I don't want to quote him and get him wrong. So I'll let him actually say the words himself.

VAN JONES: One of the things that has happened I think too often to progressives is that we don't understand the relationship between minimum goals and maximum goals. Right after Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat, if the civil rights leaders had jumped out and said, okay, now we want reparations for slavery, we want redistribution of all wealth and we will to legalize mixed marriages, if that had been there, if they had come out with a maximum program the very next day, they would have been laughed at. Instead they came out with a very minimum program: You know, we just want to integrate these buses. The students came up with a very minimum program: We just want to sit at the lunch counter. But inside that man demand was a very radical kernel that eventually meant that from 1954 to 1968, you know, complete revolution was on the table for this country and I think that this green movement has to pursue those same steps and stages. Right now we're saying that we want to move from suicidal gray capitalism to some kind of eco capitalism where, you know, at least we're not, you know, fast tracking the destruction of the whole planet. Will that be enough? No, it won't be enough. We want to go beyond existence of exploitation and oppression altogether, but that's a process.

GLENN: Okay. So there is the extreme goal. So the question is to the president of the United States, again, the same question: I have no problem with Van Jones, never have had any problems with Van Jones. I love you. Let's send Valentine's cards to each other. My issue, my problem is not with Van Jones. I know who Van Jones is. Case closed. Again, the dialogue needs to happen with the president of the United States.

Play the CNN cut again. Did the White House know who you were?

PAT: Got to go back to it.

GLENN: Oh, jeez. What kind of audio vault do you have?

PAT: One where you have to switch back and forth.

VAN JONES: I was fully candid about my past, about the ideas that I have explored.

GLENN: Stop. He was fully candid. So there are no more questions for Van Jones. The question remains again at the White House. Now it was speculation on my part. I said, how is it that we can find these things out but the White House cannot? I speculated based on Valerie Jarrett that she knew because she introduced him and she said we've been following him since his days in Oakland, California. That's when he was a radical! She spoke of him in high praise and lofty tones when she talked about his time in Oakland, California. So I was pretty sure but now we have no speculation. Now we have verification. So we're done with Van Jones. Because now we have verification the White House knew. They knew exactly who he was. So the question now needs to be asked of the president of the United States: You knew he was a radical, you knew that he was a Marxist, you knew that he was an avowed communist. You knew he was a man who called for revolution. You knew that he was a man who called for these things and then in his own words found the green movement and knew that that was the way to accomplish his communist goals. You knew that he was standing up for a cop killer. Mumia Abu Jamal who killed a cop at point blank range by shooting them in the head. Danny Faulkner is his name. You knew these things, Mr. President. According to your ally and your friend and one of the most important people in American history, a national treasure according to the NAACP. You knew these things. Is that who you are? Do you agree with those things? You won't talk to tea partygoers. You dismiss them as kooks and crackpots and they have nothing to say to you. But people who are avowed communists, back cop killers, call for revolution, say that the green job program is a cloak for a real radical end? What is your radical end, Mr. President? We know now what Van Jones' radical end is. What is yours? Do not be distracted by Van Jones. This is not the target, nor has it ever been the target of inquiry. The target of inquiry is President Obama. Period.

Archived